Trials-shack Announcement...

Simon

Don't really know quite how to say this, so i'll say it clean and simple.

Trials-Shack is closing on the 16th.

No time and no money being the main factors. I haven't checked accounts, or actually touched it in about 6 or 7 weeks, and to me, thats completely wrong. Hell, its not even in my history anymore.

I wont lie to you either, i under estimated my spending at my new job. I wont make excuses, i f**ked up.

You don't realize how much of a 'unt i feel for starting Trials-Shack for 4 months to just end it again so soon. I guess i feel i've let you all down, but meh.

No doubt my fan club will find this a great opportunity to hate on me, call me a dick, not being able to cope, what ever, but as you may have learned, i really don't care, and in this instance, i'll understand the hate.

I'm going to throw the code onto my other host and do bits here and there when ever i get time, then maybe sell it, or even open source it.

Yeah.

Aww :( good try though mate. I havent been in the trials seen all that long. And everyone always said so much about trials-shack. Then it started again. Got some awesome download speeds. Much better than any other host that anyone uses. But i respect you for having the balls to tell us that you are closing it and for explaining why. Thanks

Don't really know quite how to say this, so i'll say it clean and simple.

Trials-Shack is closing on the 16th.

No time and no money being the main factors.

Hi Simon, nothing comes for free, and time is usually the most undervalued asset (even though some just think it's your free time and it doesn't count). So I completely understand you. You offered the best you could for quite a while, as a free gift to other trials riders, which is already largely above average (Y)

So nobody can blame you (just rehearsing my exit speech for when I come to terms with TrashZen :ermm: )

It's not too bad. We had it for four months, which was good enough.

Don't think anyone can be angry with you, seeing as if you didn't bring it back anyway, they wouldn't have had it.

Cheers for the effort anyway.

Trials-Shack's still up and its the 17th? :S:-

Nobody is going to hate you Simon, I think everyone (I know I do) really appreciates the good hosting Trials-Shack has offered us all. I for one have used it a lot for hosting my videos, and I prefer it over tv.isg.si because of the interface, screenshots and download counter etc. Little things like that make such a difference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spending money... easily done - I thought I had about £500 of this month's money left, but then my card was refused in Tesco. I was convinced I'd been robbed, but no, on checking my account details I'd blown a shedload. Still got no idea quite how I managed it... and we're only halfway through the month...

Your service was provided free - anyone who thinks any of the less of you for closing it is just a twat.