Profile Minni Cassette Rear Hub

rambo

Yup Profile is the best for mod, don't listen to the little brats who got mummy to buy them a CK Bmx hub! Just bed it in for a good week (this reduces the chance of skipping) and you should be dandy. Easy to service (just yank the driver off) and 48 solid engangment points.

Great hub, Great choice! BTW - I have one!

Well... you want to hear the good things or the bad?..

good things:

1. i think there great and i have had no problems with mine

2 .they make a cool clicking sound when your riding down the street

3. very strong and reliable.. well mine is so far..

4. i also think they help you out a lot to.

bad things: :(

1. There is no bad things about them i was only joking with you.

overall i am very leased with mine, and i think you will be very pleased with yours to. :D

thank you

Greeny

Yup Profile is the best for mod, don't listen to the little brats who got mummy to buy them a CK Bmx hub! Just bed it in for a good week (this reduces the chance of skipping) and you should be dandy. Easy to service (just yank the driver off) and 48 solid engangment points.

Great hub, Great choice! BTW - I have one!

isnt there only like 70 quid difference though?

Make sure you loctite the lock ring on, mine used to always come loose when i was riding.

What makes me laugh it half a dozen people have old me that after i've raped it. :rolleyes:

I got my profile second hand and have had no problems with it what so ever.

Overall reliable, reasonably cheap and sounds beasty :D

Make sure you loctite the lock ring on, mine used to always come loose when i was riding.

I haven't put loctite on mine. Will it defiantly come loose?

Hey,

When i first got my profile hub it skipped quite alot in the first couple days but thats just because it was "bedding in"...... After that it was great for about 2 weeks, no problems what so ever. Then i started to have problems.

1st: It went really quite, hardly making a noise

2nd: The cranks started to role round when i wasn't on the bike, asif i had a front freewheel

3rd:It started to skip alot agen...

Then i took my profile apart and there was grounded marks on the inner core thing behind the rachet, because there wasnt no spacer there, so i had to put one in....

Also all the pawls and springs had seized up, they were all stuck together and had alot of stuff around them.

So i took out the pawls and springs out and lubed them up, then i cleaned out the inside of the profile and then put it all back together. Now its fine, not one problem. I now reguarly service mine just to make sure it doesnt happen again.

However i purchased my profile from Tartys and I let him know about the problem and he told me what to do (Y) And if that didnt work he offered to service it himself...... Which is great.

Tartybikes.co.uk (Y)

Cheers, hoped it helped...

Abdab

no need for them or even a rear cassette hub :ermm:

front freewheels are just as good and the tensiles are a hell of cheaper for more engagement points and the koxx freewheel is fifty quid for 108!! so forget about profiles and go front freewheel, they might not be as strong but you could buy 3 koxx freewheels for a profile....................

no dude. i just go to freewheel in my hub because i broke 3 rear hubs with front freewheel. i broke the treat from my hubs so i thougt lets try a rear freewheel it works great. first i whanted a echo freehub but it whould take more than a month to get it because the arrant avalibel jet. i bought my profile hub ad tartybikes.co.uk

ps, thanks for all your replies