Most Shocking

flex

Hey all,

This probably sounds a little morbid, just wondering whats the worst accident you've had? (whilst riding)

I think i'm one of the lucky people that has bones that just wont break, not like i want them to break or anything..... (i've always wanted a cast though... :- )

The worst accident I've had whilst riding has got to be when i was about 12 years old. I was on my friends bike which had disc breaks, tried to do a little endo but not being used to disc breaks i went over and the bike flipped and hit me on my head. Wasn't as bad as it might sound. Went to the hospital and got my head glued back together. Other than that i've never really hurt myself whilst riding, Just lucky i guess.

How about you guys? (this is the time to score some man points :P )

when i was 4 i was riding my electrical motorbike with stablisers B) and i went into a lap post and had to get 7 stitches :$ looking back at it now it was funny

also theres a few topics were you can see peoples gashes ect, ... if thats the sort of thing you like. normally makes me feel sick :sick:

Two sundays ago, i went as fast as i could, 21st gear on my MTB off a nearly 1 foot high kerb, landed at a dodgy angle, still reaping the crash in terms of bad wrist and a bad limp that got worsened at football, my mate kicked a ball at my knee, like straight on made me fall down and i messed up my knee even more.

By the way nice bike onzatprodude.

Edited by 49ccminicrossah

My mate fell off his bike, "gapped" down off a plant pot, to a wall, and totally missed the wall... (when i say gapped, it was actually a 0.5 foot drop to a wall, which was like 1 foot away from the plant pot haha) and he fell backwards and smashed the back of his head off the corner of the wall.

Knocked himself clean out, bloody everywhere, and cought it on camera :P

Its sick to watch.

you said riding right, you didn't say trials riding.

One pissed off night i was speeding home at about 130mph on my motobike and some f***ing c**t decided to change lanes on me round a corner. well on went the anchors but i still came off at about 40mph...next thing i remember i was arguing with the ambulance crew that my elbow was fine even though i could see the bone and that i was going to ride home and there was nothing they could do about it.

i was out cold apparently for some time, i even had the whole light at the end of the tunnel thing :huh: like euphoria.

took up trials to get the same adrenaline without the death factor, never looked back.

My mate fell off his bike, "gapped" down off a plant pot, to a wall, and totally missed the wall... (when i say gapped, it was actually a 0.5 foot drop to a wall, which was like 1 foot away from the plant pot haha) and he fell backwards and smashed the back of his head off the corner of the wall.

Knocked himself clean out, bloody everywhere, and cought it on camera :P

Its sick to watch.

POST UP THE VIDEO! lol

Never had too hard of a bail, methinks I'm too much of a coward for that to happen....There were many, many bails due to brake slippage until I ground my rim, though. A pedal up to rear would invariably result in me falling onto my back on the edge of the obstacle, and then falling off the edge onto the ground, once again landing on my back. After about five severe windings/one concussion, I ground my rim. (Y)

I have split my shin on my pedals and I had to have 3 butterfly stitches( the sticky ones)

I have cut my head open when I was riding along and someone clipped my back wheel and I went over the bars, 3 more butterfly stitches.

Gapped and my brake slipped and I landed on my back.

Bunny hopped up a curb, my brake slipped and I landed on my arse right on the edge

I'm so unlucky :(

About six or seven years ago, maybe more, I was riding my frickin' sweet Apollo which had old school rock shox judys on. I went over a very small jump and the steerer of the forks snapped and the broken park of the steerer actually went through my mouth and took a chunk out of the inside of the lower lip. Couldn't eat for a week, had to drink some messed up drink thing!

The moral of ths story is don't fit aluminium steerers on bikes!

Edited by jay119

when i was 7, and i was young and innocent, i thought that if i touched a wall wilst riding next to it, i wouldn't fall off. next thing i realise, im in someones garden, with about 20 people around me, and my ankle is F**ked (N) man it hurt!

I had a few but not that recently. When i was 9 i had a little mountain bike and was boming it down a path on a hill i went in to a little ditch and went over the handlebars and slid along the concrete path on my face >_< . And the last bad fall i had was about 4 months ago i hadn't been riding for a month and i went out one night and pedal kicked up a 1 foot wall and went to drop the other side which was 3 foot for a mess around and my back brake stuck and i went flying over the handle bars and landed on my head and it knocked me out for a little bit, i was using v brakes and i had just put some tar on and the worst bit was i wasn't wearing a helmet, but i do now! I strongly suggest helmets.

I have a couple of big scars on my shins from foot slipping off pedals, before I started wearing pads. The worst thing I can remember happened about a year ago, I was doing a small gap across some walls maybe a foot high, it went wrong and I fell off. My bike went down in front of me, with handlebars sticking up perpendicular to the floor, and my stomach went straight onto them with all my weight behind it. Oh the pain :sick: there was a strange lump on my tummy for a few months, I was convinced my internal organs were damaged... they seem alright now though (Y)

I think how to bail effectively and get clear of the bike is a pretty important skill!

my friend was riding his BMX when he got a twig stuck in his front sprocket.. he went to get it out while sitll riding, and ended up taking his finger right round with the chain.. went straight through his finger :| i nearly fainted let alone him lol