My New Brake Idea

I don't no if its just me, but that picture is tiny(to small to see your idea) and i cant make it any bigger.

EDIT: I take that back its just my computer being slow and shit.

Edited by wayn3

hah, its not very fresh idea

that kind of front brakes are having been used on moto since 50s lol

and i think no one seeks for such a power braking imho :)

edit: this is imposible manipulation with standart calipers though, 'cause it needs simmetrical calipers

Edited by jacks

hey,

if you had two disc brakes on the front well i don't know if it would look good but it would be a powerful brake and it all depends on if it will work in fry weather and wet i know some one who has a cable disc brake and it only works in wet but it would be a better brake if it worked in dry weather (Y)

from

luke

But where would your chain and freewheel go?

:-

wasn't ther a bike in the mbuk a while back what had a single swinging arm on the rear ? had the cassette and disc on the same side, just think it was a bigger disc , :-

cheeers padarik

I'm only asking, so don't slate me, but would this actually have any increase in power?

The reason I ask is because your finger has only a certain ammount of power. If you have two discs, that in the end meet at the same lever, surely, having the same force coming from your finger, each disk would have half the power that your finger gives, so they would be no more powerfull?

Basically, all you are doing is doubling the contact area, so surely the force is halved?

I think the reason double disks are used on motorbikes or whatever, is not for the increase in power, but for better cooling, as the heat to each disk would be less.

Anyway, discuss.

Alun

shitmano did a twin disc setup, where the rotors sat next to each other, and there was a pad inbetween, so it went pad, rotor, pad, rotor, pad, apparently it worked a little too well and never went past prototype stages as far as im aware of

also marzochi/formula made a twin disc front setup back in the late 90s, ive got a set of z1s with the twin mount system on :)

basically what you have drawn is what alot of motorbikes use upfront already, cept they use hydro callipers, nice try though, fortunately itll never catch on since discs are so damn awesome now and that would weight rather alot :(

I'd like to see you weld that front hub together...

And you wouldnt be able to mount a caliper on the other side unless you mounted it on the front which breaks the mount.

also marzochi/formula made a twin disc front setup back in the late 90s, ive got a set of z1s with the twin mount system on

Ahhhh, i remember looking at peoples bikes thinking why the hell do they have two disk mounts...

How about a magura and a disc splitted using monty brake splitters and use a magura disc so that they take the same oil because if you use a hope the seals will spilt on which ever you use the wrong oil on.

They have different piston ratios, so the brake would be a nightmare to set up and not work as well as a single brake :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with 1 disc!?

Well said...

dude...lol are you crazy? never cut an echo hub apart.theyr mint!

it would be hard to weld back together as wel.

a well set up disc is usually powerful enough any way.if not get a bigger rotor (Y)

i almost had a heart attck when i saw that you had an idea to cut an echo hub up :angry:

haha

thanks

max...

Edited by max-t

Whats wrong with 1 disc!?

i agree theres no need 4 more than one disk mine holds mint so no need 4 another. but if people dent have these new ideas then things would always be the same and new inertive parts would never come out.