24uk Bikes

Grizzly

HeatsinkBikes frames are made in Poland by Mielec factory. These guys are notorious for making frames with wrong geometry.

So many riders in Russia had problems with them. You order 1050mm wb and get 1085. On a mod bike frame.

Take a few 24uk frames and measure them. Sure each one will have different geo.

The frame would be all right for 150 quid. The price you get it if you order from the factory. But the 24uk retail is so funny.

With respect to super quality CNC heatsink stuff, the frames are no good.

Believe me.

They did actually have one proto that was 1085mm or something mad like that :P Got welded wrong then... Having said that, it felt pretty good, but to be honest I'm not so keen on the looks of them. 24s seem to look better with slender, steel tubing. Case in point would be Todge's new frames, good stuff :)

HeatsinkBikes frames are made in Poland by Mielec factory. These guys are notorious for making frames with wrong geometry.

So many riders in Russia had problems with them. You order 1050mm wb and get 1085. On a mod bike frame.

The frame would be all right for 150 quid. The price you get it if you order from the factory. But the 24uk retail is so funny.

Believe me.

Wow! Talk about unproffessional slagging off of a rival company with no evidence (N)

Just to clear this up: The first proto intentionally had different geo to try out some ideas, including a longer wheelbase than many 24" frames had at the time. The wheelbase did end up a couple of cm longer than planned due to an error on my part with fork measurements. I thought I'd be clever and tell them what size a standard trials fork is and it wasn't quite right. That's the whole point of getting a prototype made, to get things right. This prototype was ridden for many months by an experienced rider and all tweaks highlighted were channelled back into the design of the released frames.

Now frames are built around the same physical fork in the factory rather than based on theoretical measurements. I've actually measured each frame in stock and the geo is very consistant. I've had two batches of frames made following the prototyping period. The first batch were all made to 15mm BB rise and 1015mm length. The current ones have 25mm BB rise and 1025mm length. Your statement implying each 24UK would be vary by upto 35mm on the Wheelbase is total fiction! When getting frames made in a run on the same jigs then it is possible to achieve this accuracy. It's understandable that other rider's one offs may not come out exact, but we've got the jigs set up correctly so they're coming off perfect now.

Here's my 24UK looking rather nice, except for the pinch flatted tyre!

IPB Image

Steve

Believe me.

Wow! Talk about unproffessional slagging off of a rival company with no evidence (N)

What Gazza wrote about his experiences is 100% true. That was always the case when you ordered custom geometry. I guess that here in Poland, there are very few custom Mielec frames which have the same geometry as they were supposed to have.

However, it doesn't mean that Heatsink frames are all different. From all I know, the standard Mielec frames are all the same. Seeing that Steve probably orders quite a few frames, Mielec does their best to get the frames right first time.

Believe me.

I've got to disagree, and take Steve's side on this. I know you've got vested interest in Triton and would like to see 24UK / Heatsinkbikes fail, but Steve is such a perfectionist, I know that he wouldn't stand for any lack in quality or geo in the frames he orders.

I think the be honest you should keep fiction opinions like that to yourself, and stop stirring up bull shit. 35mm out? I doubt that very much. I don't think you can be 'sure that each one will have different geo' as you haven't even seen a full batch of the frames.

Sounds like you're talking out of your arse to be quite honest mate.

Yeah, that slagging off was well out of order. Luckily most people on here will know who Gazza is, and will see straight through it. Anyway, I bet every frame out there varies by a millimetre here or there - It's not really a problem seeing as everyone's bike rides differently anyway due to bars/stem etc. I would happily buy a 24|UK anyway.

As long as it's the truth, what's wrong with that? I've read at least 50 opinions about Mielec frames saying they get the geometry wrong. They got my frame wrong. 35mm off? My mate has a 1060mm mod. He ordered something around 1020. Another example? Another mate has a 70mm bb rise although he ordered a 55mm one. And again I am only referring to custom frames to prove that what Gazza wrote is true!! I can't say anything about the Heatsinks.

Also, can you compare a 24UK to a Triton? Were talking about a completely different market here! You can buy a whole bike for how much a Triton frame costs. It's like saying that if Ford was to go bust, people would buy more Porsches. Do you really believe that Dimitri thinks people will now buy Triton frames instead of 24UK's? He'd have to be pretty thick.... Besides, he's bound to have quite a market in Russia alone.

edit: Steve wrote that the 24UK frames are all the same. So what's the point of having a go at Gazza? He's talking about something completely different.

Edited by Inur

My Levelboss 1065 had a 1080 wheelbase... And to some extent I think you can compare Triton to 24UK. If I needed a new 24", I would consider all of the options, and there aren't that many. If the 24UK would do, of course I would buy that, but if not then I'd have to consider more expensive options like Leeson and Triton (less likely now :rolleyes: )

Maybe I just feel that Gazza was unfairly harsh on someone that works very hard for, basically, the users of this forum. Who knows.

edit: Steve wrote that the 24UK frames are all the same. So what's the point of having a go at Gazza? He's talking about something completely different.

I'm sorry that some may have weighed in with some strong words about Gazza in response to his strong slagging off of my frames. I agree in my post that I don't doubt that there were variations between design and actual geo for the case of other riders' custom frames. From my own experience having some Mod frames made, clear guidance needs to be given on the fork model used. If the fork during fabrication isn't realistic compared to the one to be used in the final build, then that will produce the geo differences straight away. There seem to be many examples of this in the case of other frames higher up the price scale.

What I did have a go at Gazza for only alittle (because I'm not a nasty person!), is taking anecdotal evidence from unrelated frames, and then extrapolating this to my frames about which he has no evidence! It wouldn't be the first time an similar remark about a component or frame has been made on TF , but what is exceptional about this instance is that it's directly from someone with a guiding influence in a company in direct competition. Embarassingly unprofessional I'm sure you'll agree!

What's nice usually is that despite the plethora of bike companies out there and the closeness of competition in some areas, groundless slagging off of rival companies frames doesn't usually happen. Even if there are grounds, it's very unprofessional to post on forums ripping rival products apart. The day I started to make my own components was the day I had to learn to keep my own thoughts on rival products off the forums (Y)

Peace and Love

Steve

Yes, the wheelbase is a different matter because it depends on many factors. If they are all given, there is no excuse for a frame to have the wrong wheelbase. However what we are discussing (or have discussed) is the difference between the same models. Take two Koxx frames with the same forks and headsets and compare them to each other. If indeed they are different, Koxx has got something badly wrong ;)

Well, at least we've solved one problem which was the 24UK's "apparently" being like Stradivaldi's violins - hand made and all different. Besides, I quite like the idea of buying a frame which has a random (within limits of course) geometry. It's like getting a present.

Steve has got it bang on their about how certain people should keep their opinions to themselves, otherwise they'll end up looking ridiculous.

Indeed, mielec are notoriuos for f**king up the geometry people want, however i'd imagine the people that are getting frame from them as one off's don't really know exactley what they want, and so when it comes through and they throw on a long legged- curved forks, as opposed to the short, straight blade fork meilec designed it with in mind, the geometry is off.

Ever since I saw the heatsink frames, I knew straight away that they were coming from meilec, their bikes are very distinctive, but I didn't for one second doubt that steve would sell something which he wasn't 100% happy with and knew that those who did buy it, wouldn't complain at it's geometry being off, why state the geometry on the website if it's likely to be wrong? That could all be down to my experiance buying off steve, but that was just the once...

Anyway, it's not the firt time ive seen triton make a fool of themselves on here, and I say triton, rather than gazaa because as far as im concerned. he's their representitive on here.

Perhaps it's the language barrier which let's him down, in which case he'd have been better off not posting at all.

All right guys.

I did one massive mistake. I used this "Gazza" account to speak about the Mielec products. I should have signed another account with the nickname like "John Smith" and tell everything using it.

What I am trying to say is my personal opinion. I do not want to slag anyone off. I don't want to spend my time on it. I have to fight russian bureaucracy :)

I have gathered my opinion from loads of cases. In the beginning I used the OTN info. Then the Mielecs started entering Russia. And EVERY SINGLE ONE was wrong. 35 mm is one of the cases. People who do not believe me, I can give you the guy's MSN.

There is a topic with his frame btw: http://biketrials.ru/board/viewtopic.php?t=28509

There is nothing about rivals mate. We make different products that have different price tags.

Man if all the frames have the same geo, then congratulations! You made Mielecs work properly. I am really happy about it. At least someone succeeded with them.

The topic starter asked a question and I gave my opinion on this. Calm down, all the opinions cannot be 100% positive.

Guys, I am not a BAD Russian man. And I don't really much care what you think of Triton. I know I spend all my time on it and try to work as hard as possible. And probably you will change your opinion and start to like tritons one day.

But I am just FED UP with my russian friends who keep on saying every time: "Oh, finally got my Mielec. Guess the BB rise they put!" or "I have a lowrider headtube angle there..."

But if Steve's frames are well done, then let's forget my words. Still, keep them in mind if you go for a custom Mielec frame.

Peace.

P.S.: Before writing that first post I had already predicted the reaction of the public.

But telling people the truth is sometimes stronger than the shame you get.

And it's not only Steve who works his ass off giving us proper stuff. It is Deng, Rav, Iolo, Dominic..etc etc. We all do our best. Some people see it, some not. Some still think it is done in purpose just to make trialsriders' lives harder :) False.

Edited by Danny

oh god how to change the language on that link :P.

ok i think it is true that if gazza did change his name of the account to john smith or what ever then his words would not have been taken so seriously, why is it becaus ehe represents a company that it means he is badmouthing another company of?

its a very vvalid point, i also see how the heatsink person (Steve sorry if wrong name) got offended by someone not haveing anything but impressive views with his frame but not everyone will like what you make even if its to there specific trials standards they asked for.

this is probably a useless post but i spoke my jibberish mind :)

its a very vvalid point, i also see how the heatsink person (Steve sorry if wrong name) got offended by someone not haveing anything but impressive views with his frame but not everyone will like what you make even if its to there specific trials standards they asked for.

Well, bad opinions and subjectivity are a fact of life for everything, so no probs in that regard (Y) On the other hand, I do have to help clear up assumption and misinformation every so often before it becomes TF fact!

Even if Gazza had posted his allegations about the 24UK frames under another account which did not reveal his Triton involvement, I would have had to calmly correct this misinformation before letting people get back on with saying whether they like the frame or not. In fact, making attacks on rival products (and even worse, ones unsupported by direct evidence from the actual item) whilst trying to hide your identity is an even more unprofessional activity!

Nice post later on in the thread from Gazza (Y) I'm looking forward to seeing the first 24" Triton frame. Keep up the good work with Triton there Gazza!

Steve

Yeah, but under John Smith the whole thing would never be linked to Triton.

24" is not widely spread in Russia so I do not really push this standard.

It is spread in the UK, but the retail becomes HUGE after shipping and customs.

I am into trials at the moment. So you will see the results soon.

P.S.: Hey, someone had already taken the John Smith account. I should think of some other. :)