Taps - What You Hitting

Ben Geary

the problem is that no one understands that AFTER 56 or what ever the biggest people have done, that if you get a REAL tape measure out, them 3/4 INCHES are not 3 or 4 centimetres. its a big jump, you think of a 47 inch sidehop then a 50? totally different.

a wall flat in front of you i would be suprised to see someone tap 60" it would be something that would be VERY very impressive (Y) not saying people CANT or wont be able to do it. just very disbelieved that someone "says" someone has done it. dont forget were on a TRIALS FORUM chinese whispers start.

i heard the other day that Robbie Peacock was tapping 50 inch to back wheel on his koxx wasp. he made it with ease so doing 60 would be no problem. and hes only 8, his technique is very much dialled. :lol:

:-:-

surely its not "how" big you have tapped, its how much you enjoy riding your bike? just get on your bike and enjoy yourself. like it used to be in the good ol days.

Waynio................................

My van does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds!!!! thats much more impressive than a 60" tap, the buzz and the torque steer is far more adrenaling rushing :D (just an example)

just a QUICK example ali ;) haha. the only problem is the fuel gauge does 60 litres to 0 litres faster than it does 0-60 speed wise :lol: !!!!!! its a basic spec 1700 diesel LS specced van ali :- it just looks fast cos of the aire valley stickers (Y)

il see you at the weekend ali down in surrey.

Enjoy trials (Y) ride at what you can and do what you think is possible, the only thing that stops you going bigger is your mind........... over come the mind games and you could do pretty much anything. (within reason :P )

Waynio.........................

You'll have to forgive my enthusiasm on this topic.

See attached....

[attachmentid=6932]

Like mark said, taps on mods are wank.

Your bails are allways crazy, I remember the big drop one where you couldn't hold on to the bars and kept falling on yer arse.

Fair play for having a go (Y)

surely its not "how" big you have tapped, its how much you enjoy riding your bike? just get on your bike and enjoy yourself. like it used to be in the good ol days.

No, to ben geary his enjoyment is going big... he sucks at riding tech things so finds it easier to go massive... and he seems to do it quite well too, until he breaks something on his bike and cant ride for a week or two :P

You'll have to forgive my enthusiasm on this topic.

See attached....

[attachmentid=6932]

Meh, it wasnt that bad. Try tapping a smaller wall, over shooting with the back wheel and doing half a backflip and landing straight down on your head.... now that hurts lol, split my helmet good and proper that bail did :$

I can tap around bar height on my mod. They feel f**king awesome.

I think it's just taps in general feel awesome. On Luke's Ashton it just felt really nice to just plough the front end into walls and just sail up stuff, but I kinda like the feel of pedal-ups on mods. They just sorta seem more satisfying when they go right.

I think it's just taps in general feel awesome. On Luke's Ashton it just felt really nice to just plough the front end into walls and just sail up stuff, but I kinda like the feel of pedal-ups on mods. They just sorta seem more satisfying when they go right.

Pedal's OK, it's bunnyhops for the win though, 'specially on short mods, all you do is pull up :P

Joe x

No, to ben geary his enjoyment is going big... he sucks at riding tech things so finds it easier to go massive... and he seems to do it quite well too, until he breaks something on his bike and cant ride for a week or two

Kris I've started doing alot more tech stuff on rails and stuff now, I allways wanted to but as i go to the mech side i was scared if i snapped my mech hanger but a FP tensioner sorted that all out.

Well did but that snapped, ah well. Steel body soon :)

if its that rock in that clip that tarty filmed then i dont believe that its totally vertical. yes its steep, but not vert and the top of the rock slopes back. if that rock was totally vertical he WOULDNT have made it.

no offence danny, ur a good rider, but i need perfectly clear evidence of a vertical 59" tap to believe it.

i thinkk thats only fair :D

The rock your on about Ben is 69" if i remember right :P and it is abit sloped, but still 69" haha.

I think the 59" tap Dannys done will be in his back garden?

Ive heard rumors that the Coust bros have done 60 - 62 and its probably true lol, there technique is the best.. which explains why Butler's so good at it.

Vincent Hermance did that 58" one in the AndyT video, that was vert and pretty silly.