Taps - What You Hitting

Ben Geary

Kris I've started doing alot more tech stuff on rails and stuff now, I allways wanted to but as i go to the mech side i was scared if i snapped my mech hanger but a FP tensioner sorted that all out.

Well did but that snapped, ah well. Steel body soon :)

Since when are rails technical? What you trying, hopping round 180 on them?

I think it's just taps in general feel awesome. On Luke's Ashton it just felt really nice to just plough the front end into walls and just sail up stuff, but I kinda like the feel of pedal-ups on mods. They just sorta seem more satisfying when they go right.

agreed. I can't tap a mod for ...

i don't try either.

agreed. I can't tap a mod for ...

i don't try either.

i dont see why you want to tap a mod. i got a mod on thurs and i can bunny to backwheel 47-48 inch already. its really easy to get up walls. and if you dont have a good run up then a pedal hop is sufficient up to about 45. i never see bunnyhops in uk mod videos ( just tra benito and brauchweig guy) is there a reason people dont do them?

Yeah, 'cos I haven't released my vid yet :shifty:

Nah, it's just that you kinda need to have more of a run-up for them, and I just prefer the feeling of pedalling up. That, and the way that longer mods with higher BBs are less fun to bunnyhop up compared to your short as f**k Monty :P

Ive always sucked at bunny hops.. like seriously sucked i cant even pull the front up properly half the time. That crappyness passed on to my mod 1000mm wb echo lite.. which i still cant even bunnyhop on. Meh i can tap it and straight backwheel so ill be fine. It would be nice to bunnyhop big though

Mr. Butler managed a 68" tap at The Roaches (the one at the end of the Tartybikes - Danny And Stan vid, which he didn't quite make). So i'm guessing the more experienced rider's, especially Giacomo have done around the same, if not, then bigger :blink: .

Cheers,

Joe.

• 4 months later...

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Sep 11 2006, 06:57 PM)
Mr. Butler managed a 68" tap at The Roaches (the one at the end of the Tartybikes - Danny And Stan vid, which he didn't quite make). So i'm guessing the more experienced rider's, especially Giacomo have done around the same, if not, then bigger :blink: .

Cheers,

Joe.

Sure it was 68"....?