Michael Singleton's New Fresh Products Bike

Phatmike

damn the dropouts are so stolen from hoffmann bikes.. even if i'm not a big fan of hoffmann bikes, that's just pathetic...

btw: the bike is ugly as shit..

You're right in saying that the idea for the eccentric dropouts came from hoffmann, but as I said, I designed them myself, in that they had to be redesigned to allow the use of Chris King fun bolts. :)

I say I designed the frame, but that doesn't mean I came up with the idea of using some tubes welded together to attach parts to. :wink2:

As for the bike being ugly, hey that's your opinion, but you ride a Python, hardly the most inspirational bike ever made. :rolleyes:

Mike.

Really, really nice bike their Mike. The only thing thats looks out of place to me is the GU forks, something like pashley forks would have looked much better but you obviously chose the GU forks for its features/performance.

The eccentric dropouts (even if the idea first originated from Hoffman) is a really neat feature, will be interesting to see how that holds up over time.

Out of interest what stopped you getting another iolo? Either way it does look very spindally.

hes impatient :Plol bikes looking good mike, shame the pewter bits dont stand out much, probably will when i see it in person cant wait to have a go on it

You're right in saying that the idea for the eccentric dropouts came from hoffmann, but as I said, I designed them myself, in that they had to be redesigned to allow the use of Chris King fun bolts. :)

I say I designed the frame, but that doesn't mean I came up with the idea of using some tubes welded together to attach parts to. :wink2:

As for the bike being ugly, hey that's your opinion, but you ride a Python, hardly the most inspirational bike ever made. :rolleyes:

Mike.

S3 Aitken (Y)

I'm more of a fan of the long low and silver kinda bikes. But i can see the beauty in it.

Stocks with no SS tensioners look awsome. Must feel great it not being there.

I still don't get how you can get any kind of leverage to get a decent chain tension though.

I'm more of a fan of the long low and silver kinda bikes. But i can see the beauty in it.

Stocks with no SS tensioners look awsome. Must feel great it not being there.

I still don't get how you can get any kind of leverage to get a decent chain tension though.

You tighten up both the fun bolts, by using 2 8mm allen keys (as normal), then once they're tight, you can just use one in the fun bolt as a big lever to rotate it back. :)

Mike.

Bike looks mint! What geo did you go for? The dropouts look really good, does the pinch bolt really tighten them up because it does look like it could slip? I think splines would be a good idea but would hinder the degree your able to tension the chain...

Dave

Looks lovely Mike. Nice idea for the dropouts too, definitely something I'd love. I'd be concerned that they would be forever coming undone but you say they're fine so good work. Not convinced the dropouts look strong enough though - especially with the

P.S. What happened to the Mango Kings you parts whore? :P

P.P.S. I know the f/1.8 is the sex, but more DOF would be good.

Bike looks mint! What geo did you go for? The dropouts look really good, does the pinch bolt really tighten them up because it does look like it could slip? I think splines would be a good idea but would hinder the degree your able to tension the chain...

Dave

Hey Dave, the Geo is at the top. :)

You'd be surprise how well the pinch bolts can grip it, no different to a stem or handlebar clamp!

Looks lovely Mike. Nice idea for the dropouts too, definitely something I'd love. I'd be concerned that they would be forever coming undone but you say they're fine so good work. Not convinced the dropouts look strong enough though - especially with the

Cheers tom. :)

...especially with the??

P.S. What happened to the Mango Kings you parts whore? :P

P.P.S. I know the f/1.8 is the sex, but more DOF would be good.

As Mark said, they're probably at the bottom of a canal or something!

Yeah, I didn't want to go overboard on the minimal depth of field, some shots I dropped the aperture to 2.2! :o

B)