What Rigid Forks Do You All Suggest?

trekjackpro

Hello, I have got a trek jack pro and am going to replace the current suspension forks with a set of rigids.

The question is, WHICH ONES!!

Do i go for black forks, which would suit the mavic rims that i am running, or do i go for white forks that match the frame colour?

And then there is the question of make.......

I am running a hydraulic disk on the front so i would prefer disc only to keep the look of the bike cleaner.

I have come up with two option so far, BT forks in white, or GU Typhoon in black.

Come on guys, and girls, what should i do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rick.

Go for Black forks! matching frame and forks can look a bit ghey unless there both black!

You're gunna need something longer than GUs or BTs, Because your frames designeed for suspention so you need a long fork, I'd say you're best bet would be some DMR trailblades, or atleast something of a similar length.

Trailblade IIs

Trailblade Is

They need to be long, because otherwise the front of the bike will be dropped alot, making the angles of the bike alot steeper, in your case as much as 3 degres, which is alot. And your BB will become really low, which will ride like a pile of wank.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

id have to say fatttys they might weigh a bit and be hard to get hold of but there as hard as nails im also liking the zoo forks the ones that look worringly similar to the fattys and they seem pritty bomb proof to.

ben

fattys... heavy! are you joking, they are about 850 grams. far from heavy

Club Roost trials forks. Slightly longer than your average fork, and I have had mine just over 3 years now - indestructible if they withstand my riding/abuse that long!!

They look good too!! (Y)

Thats what i thought till they snapped when my mate did a drop gap. They have a weak as f**k bonded steerer so a few too many taps and their dead. If they seem to bounce/vibrate/wobble a lot when you correction hop on the rear wheel their about to die.

Go for Black forks! matching frame and forks can look a bit ghey unless there both black!

You're gunna need something longer than GUs or BTs, Because your frames designeed for suspention so you need a long fork, I'd say you're best bet would be some DMR trailblades, or atleast something of a similar length.

Trailblade IIs

Trailblade Is

They need to be long, because otherwise the front of the bike will be dropped alot, making the angles of the bike alot steeper, in your case as much as 3 degres, which is alot. And your BB will become really low, which will ride like a pile of wank.

I second the opinion you will need a suspension corrected (longer) fork. I have a Giant STP (similar geo, has suspension), and when I put a regular (shorter) rigid fork on it, it was HORRIBLE. You need the longer fork to keep your bb off the ground. (Y)

fattys... heavy! are you joking, they are about 850 grams. far from heavy

they seem a fair bit heavyer than most forks to me i thought they were 850 mine seem quite wegihty not silly weighty though got to say im shocked.

ben

• 3 weeks later...

BLIMEY!!!!

Thanks for all the responses!!

Still cant decide, but i was worried about the length of replacements though. gonna look at the ones suggested and go for one of those i think.

Will be going for black colour, and as far as weight goes, the forks that are on there at the moment weigh over 3KG!!!!!!!!!!!! so 850 grams would be great in comparison.

Need to get a skinny'er' front wheel and tyre now, as i am currently running a ryno lite 25mm wide, and 2.4 holy roller, which also drags the front down. Gonna get a mavic 721 and a 2.0 holly roller as it should save a bit and still keep it strong.

hey dude my advice is dont go for ashtons ok i hardly tap or go to frint wheel but i still but 5 cracks in them in less than a year, my advice if you want a strong fork and not fused about weight and a bit low on funds id suggest to go for onza tuff guys, people will disagree with me but if you need a fork and not fused about weight this is the fork for you, or if you want a lighter fork i would suggest the following

echo hi fi

echo urbans

fatty r's

bt f6

by the way where can you buy fatty's i may invest in some

you WILL need longer forks, otherwise you bike will ride horribly!!

Theres a fair few forks that you could use though, dmr, charge, surly, identiti....they all make longer forks with disk mounts....they are heavy though, but still a LOAD lighter than your sus forks.

Also, the front rim sounds fine, most rider run wider rims up front than 25mm, but rynos are pretty good rims, if you really wanted to shave weight try drilling holes between the spokes. Ditch the tyre though, choose what you want tyre wise, but maxxis single ply, kenda stick-e and try-all front tyres are popular.

Hello, I have got a trek jack pro and am going to replace the current suspension forks with a set of rigids.

The question is, WHICH ONES!!

Do i go for black forks, which would suit the mavic rims that i am running, or do i go for white forks that match the frame colour?

And then there is the question of make.......

I am running a hydraulic disk on the front so i would prefer disc only to keep the look of the bike cleaner.

I have come up with two option so far, BT forks in white, or GU Typhoon in black.

Come on guys, and girls, what should i do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rick.

id choose either echo urbans or cannondale fatty r forks (Y)

i'd definately recommend the trailblades, get them the right length and they will keep your front end up and bb off the floor, making the bike feel awesome, they are also super gusseted B) will take anything you want to throw at them :D never heard of a pair going snap yet either. im running some on my base, they are sooo rigid, no flex in them at all, they come in disk only, disk and V, or V only.