Pinch Prevention

26inch

tubless would be the answer

and why not the dual ply maxxis? the thicker sidewall give the tyre a good feel, nice and bouncy.

get a maxxis, the hansventure is 1100g and its as gud as any of the other maxxis for grip. only like 200 grams more than an elgato and they are considered to be light

I agree, hansventures are great, I naver pinched mine but I also got thorn ones (you should have seen the buggers!! probably special spanish anti bike plants or somthing, they were hardcore!!)

should ask ashton to make the next frame high bb then all your problems would be gone, youd float over all that natural crap and hit the streets (Y)

Yah, I've been having the same problems, and I'm just starting out. I've gone through 3 tubes and I've had my trials bike for a week. I'm going to try the cut up tube around the new one. It should work, because I have the smallest pinches on Earth, I swear. Today I got one, and I had to walk at least 5km back home. Thank goodness it didn't rain, as it looked like it was going to :blink:

As everything its a balance. The best methods for preventing pinch punctures will add weight, but it’s usually worth it. I reckon the best balanced solution is a tyre with moderately reinforced sidewalls (not some of the DH - they are really OTT) and an heavy/medium weight tube. Pressure makes a big difference; if you go too low then pinch punctures are inevitable – again it’s the right balance between grip and punctures. Talc the tyres and tube can help. Riding style as well – some people will always pinch puncture more than others because of the level of skill and level of aggression in the ride.

i run a high roller with a duro 2.5 innertube never had a pinch init (Y) but i suggest to you that you get that inner tube goo i have some in my garage basically it goes into ur inner tube and when you get a punture u spin your wheel and the goo inside the tube rolls around it and just seals up the whole apparently i havent used it yet

anyone know if the hansventures are the same sidewalls as the highrollers that everyone raves about so much as it seems for pinch prevention maxxis are the way to go

nope, hansventures are thinner, and i was very disappointed with mine and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. before any of the tread had worn i had 3 pinch flats. and this is supposed to be dual ply, dual ply my arse.

get a maxxis minion, much, much better and i never punctured one in a year of use. 2 tyres though due to tread level, just get super tacky and your fine.