Dewalt Power Tools

cruiserweight14

I used them practically everyday and have nacked, 2 drills supposed to be good ones, a mitre saw, cordless kit batterys are crap, routers dying slowly and know loads of people to have same problem. Better options if your think about buying are bosch, makita, milwaki, thestool.

he speaketh the truth!

I haven't had a massive amount of experience with DeWalt but they are suddenly appearing at low prices in places like B&Q. Methinks the quality might be going downhill on the lower end stuff. I like Makita meself, but for normal DIY you don't really go that far wrong with some Performance Power stuff - it's not always right first time, but the guys at B&Q seem perfectly happy to get them out and check them before you buy.

Andy

its horses for courses really. a dewalt £90 cordless from b & q is just that, its a £90 cordless drill. its meant for d.i.y, not heavy duty carpentry. however a £450 36v dewalt cordless. now thats a heavy duty drill, will probably outlast the joiner/carpenter. if your diy'er dont go spending 450 on anything like that. but if your a joiner, dont expect a £90 drill to last you too long.

at home with me seems to be makita through and through, which is overkill, but we got them on the cheap, so its all good. although the high end bosch stuff does seem good for d.i.y use.

as for hilti, great bit of kit, but for anything other than professional joiners and carpenters, why bother.

We don't really get many Dewalt items been returned as faulty. Maybe 6 or 7 a month.

I work at Toolstation by the way. Which sells lots of power tools, especially Dewalt. Seems to be quite popular.

Just in case someone thinks i work in a place like B&Q where they won't sell as much.

another big up for makita, i cant fault any of thier tools that we have had, infact we have a grinder thats gotta be 20 odd years old now (its been around since i can remember)

annnywhooo, dewalt, ive never really heard anything bad about them, just nothing goodreally...all the chaps i know who use power tools regularly, tend to use makita or bosch as they seem to just be the best

the rise in popularity of budget dewalt tools is probably due to the fact that they supplied all the power tools for alot of those diy shows on tv, so all the budding home diy enthusiasts want them-so i guess maybe they have a new target market which expects a lower price? and so lower quality follows

I have never got any myself but a couple of guys i work with say that they are really rubbish battery, they wear really quickly and are like £90 for a new one so you are as well buying a new drill or jigsaw or whatever. I have heard that makita are the best, so i would say go for some of them.

Buy Cheap Get Cheap that's what I say.

Cheap speakers sound shite, expensive ones don't.

The old phrase of "get what you pay for" is 100% true...

People moan about DVD players for £30 "Oh i've only had it 4 months"... you paid £30. What do you expect?

Buy a Harman Kardon one for £200 and you might never need to replace it...

Dewalt make great radios, mines been going for years and is still quality! Never had any power tools from them though. a lot of joiners i know recommend Makita.

All the old dewalt stuff was great i spoke to some older chippy's who had theirs for years and never had a problem, but since black and decker took over they have turned into b n q specials.

And by the way i know 4 people with new dewalt radios and they are all held together with tape thats the truth.

sorry but they are disgust me.

out