Need Help Picking Crank

M2Trialz

I'm quite heavy weighing at 165, my cheap cranks pedal hole striped on me and now I have my eyes on 2 cranks the Race Face Evolve DH and the Truvativ Hussifelt, Which crank should i go for ,is there anything else i should look at before i buy the cranks, any other good selections or is one of these good enough

Thanks for all your time

hi there, i ride with Tensile Cranks and i love them to bit`s they are very very stroung and you dont have to keep stoping and doing them up every five minutes.

I hope this helps you and if you need to find out more about them than please go onto my sponership with Tartybikes.co.uk

Jake.

(Y)

Well to start with there are more than one set of RF Evolve cranks. I wouldn't even entertain the idea of using an XC crank on a trials bike, it just wouldn't last!

The DH model on the other hand as fitted to my freeride rig with x-type BB is really very strong & stiff. the bearings won't quit either. I still wouldn't be mad gone on the idea of landing a crank on the edge of a wall though.

I ride Middleburns on my trials bike & have had no cause for concern with them yet. I fitted them along with a new ISIS BB & after checking them once or twice have zero worries about damaging them or them working loose or anything like that.

Price difference is negligable too if you count in the fact that the Race Face will require a trials style Bash & small sprocket buying on top of the crank (& BB if ISIS).

Well to start with there are more than one set of RF Evolve cranks. I wouldn't even entertain the idea of using an XC crank on a trials bike, it just wouldn't last!

The DH model on the other hand as fitted to my freeride rig with x-type BB is really very strong & stiff. the bearings won't quit either. I still wouldn't be mad gone on the idea of landing a crank on the edge of a wall though.

I ride Middleburns on my trials bike & have had no cause for concern with them yet. I fitted them along with a new ISIS BB & after checking them once or twice have zero worries about damaging them or them working loose or anything like that.

Price difference is negligable too if you count in the fact that the Race Face will require a trials style Bash & small sprocket buying on top of the crank (& BB if ISIS).

Thanks for your help but the crank i was talking about was the Evolve Freeride/DH one not the xc one.

Do you think the Evolve DH can handle the abuse of trials??

Yes I think.

I had some Race Face Prodigy DH on my freeride bike (a hardtail), the old Evolve model.

They were strong enough, but I had problems with ISIS bottom bracket, too fragile.

But I was newbie in Freeride and trial riding...

But they are not designed for trial riding, whereas the Tensile, middleburn, Try all and Echo are...

You will have a bigger bashgard (22 teeth instead of 18 teeth bashgard with trial cranks), and it will reduce your ground clearance.

hi there, i ride with Tensile Cranks and i love them to bit`s they are very very stroung and you dont have to keep stoping and doing them up every five minutes.

I hope this helps you and if you need to find out more about them than please go onto my sponership with Tartybikes.co.uk

Jake.

(Y)

Tensiles are not very strong at all most people that i know have snapped the cranks in half, one lad snapped 2 or 3 arms . go for adament cranks a friend has just got some and they look nice.

Matt Rushton

Edited by matt rushton

Tensiles are not very strong at all most people that i know have snapped the cranks in half, one lad snapped 2 or 3 arms . go for adament cranks a friend has just got some and they look nice.

Matt Rushton

Well i find them very very good soooo.....

Jake.

Good to see this topic!!!

Don't buy Race Face Cranks for trials! They will suck you down!

I bended mine after a few weeks!

Now i am ridin the truvativ hussefelt for about 2 years! And

they are beast!!! (Y)

But if you have the money go for middleburns!

If not Truvativ is nearly as good as! (Y)

Martin

Good to see this topic!!!

Don't buy Race Face Cranks for trials! They will suck you down!

I bended mine after a few weeks!

Now i am ridin the truvativ hussefelt for about 2 years! And

they are beast!!! (Y)

But if you have the money go for middleburns!

If not Truvativ is nearly as good as! (Y)

Martin

Was your cranks the Race Face Evolve DH or the XC one ??

PS Thank you all for your help