Koxx V-racing

Wright Pads

I think it's a +40mm with a 160 NO.3 caliper on there, so 200mm disc!

+40mm would not work like that though pete, +40 on the rear means a 160mm front caliper would work with a 180mm rotor (remember rear mounts is 20mm smaller than front)

From what i recal the frames were +50 (i think) so that a front 160mm caliper could be run on the rear with a 190mm rotor (koxx like that size fo some reason)

And like has already been said, there were not many made, that perticlular one was owned by a rider who i know of as Andreas (i think) Kolpen i know the sirname is right, not sure about he first name,........

Hope that clears it up (Y)

Adam

+40 works with a 160 to make 200, as does the koxx forks!

I spoke with Tarty and Dave to conferm when i did my frame!

No, pete it doesn't, i bet you if u put a 160mm front caliper on a standard rear mount you will only fit a 140mm rotor!!! Hence y to fit a 200mm rotor on the rear with a front 160mm caliper you WOULD need a +60 frame

I can prove this easily, my simtra has a +40mm disk mount, to fit a 200mm rotor i needed a front 180mm caliper, not a 160mm!

Adam

No, pete it doesn't, i bet you if u put a 160mm front caliper on a standard rear mount you will only fit a 140mm rotor!!! Hence y to fit a 200mm rotor on the rear with a front 160mm caliper you WOULD need a +60 frame

I can prove this easily, my simtra has a +40mm disk mount, to fit a 200mm rotor i needed a front 180mm caliper, not a 160mm!

Adam

My fresh has a +40mm rear mount and i use a 160 rear caliper and it works! 160mm fornt and rear are the same, go check the part numbers! The 180 is totaly differnt

Anyway all sorted!

My fresh has a +40mm rear mount and i use a 160 rear caliper and it works! 160mm fornt and rear are the same, go check the part numbers! The 180 is totaly differnt

Anyway all sorted!

160mm front and 160mm rear calipers are COMPLETELY different, a rear 160mm caliper is the same as a front 180mm caliper!!!!!! trust me, i had a rear 200mm disc, and for it to work i needed a FRONT 180mm caliper which if used on a normal iso rear mount would be a 160mm!!!

Adam

PS: i can't be arsed to arguye any more, i know what i am on about and i know i am correct!

Listen to Bigman, he's right.

A front caliper used on the rear will only work for a 20mm smaller disc.

The lever I bought from you Pete, was to change my rear brake into a front one. Now I'm running a 180mm rotor without any adaptors. But when I had that brake on the rear, I used the same rotor AND a +20mm adaptor.

edit: one other thing, you can design a frame to take the same disc size on the front as on the rear with the same caliper but that's not an international standard. So I guess your frame is just different.

Edited by Inur

hey i no this is a bit off topic but what is so special about the v-racing why is it so much money

Look at it....

It's a bit of art! It's has a geo thats been tweaked over many years with the new Koxx boys. Amazing componets, uber light weight 9996g.

£2200 new!

Need we say more?

Just cause its expensive, doesnt make it better/good.

to be honest id prefer to have my holroyd then that, cause if it goes wrong, its just going to dent rather then crack and snap.

I'm not saying the price tag is making it so. It seams i may of come across that way!

Indeed your right, your frame has a uber thick downtube and yet to have a dent! Like me to try?

The geo, build kit, setitng up of the V racing is what makes it work better than other out there!