Ashton And Orange!

chrisatactiv05

Yo! Hows everybody? Just so everyone is clear about the Raid XR: This bike is centred around my fond memories of bashing about on a Raliegh Burner. I had great times on my BMX and this is my first attempt to create an affordable bike that won't be 'pigeon holed' into any category or discipline. So it is our entry level "do whatever you like bike". Raid XR is not a Trials bike, our Trials frames are in the final stages of design at the moment. They include a very slightly tweaked Justice and a completely new 24 Street bike called 'License'. As soon as the site is finnished we will put drawings and images up.

Regarding James; I would rather lose a rider than a friend. He has had loads of stuff going on including moving to a totally new area. In a nut shell, he wasn't having a good time and pressure from me isn't going to help right now. James is seventeen and should be having fun on his bike not stressing over it. So after a minor blow-out we chatted and decided to just give him some time to chill-out and do whatever he liked, find the fun again. He has our complete support whilst riding for anyone else, especially Select (which Is a good shop), Phil has really looked after James in the past, sure that will be the case in the future.

Laters,

Martyn.

Yo! Hows everybody? Just so everyone is clear about the Raid XR: This bike is centred around my fond memories of bashing about on a Raliegh Burner. I had great times on my BMX and this is my first attempt to create an affordable bike that won't be 'pigeon holed' into any category or discipline. So it is our entry level "do whatever you like bike". Raid XR is not a Trials bike, our Trials frames are in the final stages of design at the moment. They include a very slightly tweaked Justice and a completely new 24 Street bike called 'License'. As soon as the site is finnished we will put drawings and images up.

Regarding James; I would rather lose a rider than a friend. He has had loads of stuff going on including moving to a totally new area. In a nut shell, he wasn't having a good time and pressure from me isn't going to help right now. James is seventeen and should be having fun on his bike not stressing over it. So after a minor blow-out we chatted and decided to just give him some time to chill-out and do whatever he liked, find the fun again. He has our complete support whilst riding for anyone else, especially Select (which Is a good shop), Phil has really looked after James in the past, sure that will be the case in the future.

Laters,

Martyn.

Is that a street trials like the ET or just an streety big bmx type bike?

I am looking forward to seeing the new stuff :)

Yo! Hows everybody? Just so everyone is clear about the Raid XR: This bike is centred around my fond memories of bashing about on a Raliegh Burner. I had great times on my BMX and this is my first attempt to create an affordable bike that won't be 'pigeon holed' into any category or discipline. So it is our entry level "do whatever you like bike". Raid XR is not a Trials bike, our Trials frames are in the final stages of design at the moment.

See, I like that idea. When I started riding, it was just 'doing tricks' and stuff in the road. Trials seemed the obvious path to follow, but then people were saying 'Why are you doing that? That's not trials...' about something like a squeaker or rear wheel spin. Pigeon holes are shite, and have everyone doing the same thing.

Maybe this is a good idea - more creativity, style and tricks (dare I say it...).

Be interesting to see how the Justice has been tweaked too...

no offense to either company but there are plenty of bikes that look like that in halfords, just looks a little nicer thats all..

yer but 100 times better thought out, better put together and better speced :P

looks good although those forks are dangerous :P

Edited by mat hudson

thats why that bike is £300.00 and not a halfords special @ £100/200, it built using much higher quality wheels and frames, built to a standard that an Idol and character like martyn would put his name against it.

i for one know that bikes nower days are always on the ride, working in the Cycle Trade, EVERY year for the last 2/3 bikes have risen in price you dont see it "MUCH" over 1 year but look at an overview of 3, and that ODD £25/35 rise then becomes a £100 price rise? another 3 years down the line it could well be £200.

if im honest and look at a prime example, Mongoose firball last year was £300.00 and same year before, and was our best selling bike in the shop, this year its £399.99???? i think martyn/Orange bikes have hit a price point that parents will look at nower days and just pay it, some parents/families have already had the "Halfords and JJB" experience their bike has fallen to pieces and put their kids at risk.

IBD are different, they look/take customers in a different way and manner, its OUR life and OUR hobby, not just a job to turn upto one day that you will like then the next you hate it.

Our shop is not an orange dealer BUT id like to think that we could distribute the Ashton brand as we are one of the biggest IF NOT the biggest trials shop in yorkshire by a country mile. (il speak to you soon about this mart ;) as im sure bernie will be interested in stocking/selling these products)

Waynio............................

I can comment on the experiance i've had with them, nothing else. Phil didn't respond to at least 2 e-mails of mine, something I rate as pretty highly important for an online shop.

I guess they are mates and whatever fair enough, but from a sponsorship point of view, I would have thought Ashton/Orange could offer more than any shop.

I had problems with my e-mail server or basically the hosting around July/August, and a few months later the web guy said there was a huge cache of e-mails in my hosting account, not sure what happened but couldn't send any e-mails out without it getting returned and didn't get many e-mails either.

I reply to all e-mails though. But I fully agree with you, e-mails are very important part of the shop.

Anyway, about James, he was happy to just ride and enjoy himself at the moment, as he has explained, any happy to support James with whatever he needs and we are always talking and helping eachother so I'm quite happy to support Porter the way I do.

The Ashton bike looks great, imagine cruising about the streets rolling about and pulling some big street moves on it, and knowing how little you payed, looks like fun to me.

Phil.

Edited by totaltrials

I had problems with my e-mail server or basically the hosting around July/August, and a few months later the web guy said there was a huge cache of e-mails in my hosting account, not sure what happened but couldn't send any e-mails out without it getting returned and didn't get many e-mails either.

I reply to all e-mails though. But I fully agree with you, e-mails are very important part of the shop.

Anyway, about James, he was happy to just ride and enjoy himself at the moment, as he has explained, any happy to support James with whatever he needs and we are always talking and helping eachother so I'm quite happy to support Porter the way I do.

The Ashton bike looks great, imagine cruising about the streets rolling about and pulling some big street moves on it, and knowing how little you payed, looks like fun to me.

Phil.

I appreciate everything you've said, but please don't say you reply to 'all' e-mails, you then make me look like a liar. I still have the e-mails in my sent item's from june. Fair enough if there was a problem with e-mails and stuff, but I don't recall seeing ANYTHING on the website at the time.

The main reason I was so shocked to see porter changing was because I had heard he was having input on the new frames and stuff, but it was definately the better choice to make rather than sticking with ashton and perhaps ending up throwing the head in completley....

I appreciate everything you've said, but please don't say you reply to 'all' e-mails, you then make me look like a liar. I still have the e-mails in my sent item's from june. Fair enough if there was a problem with e-mails and stuff, but I don't recall seeing ANYTHING on the website at the time.

The main reason I was so shocked to see porter changing was because I had heard he was having input on the new frames and stuff, but it was definately the better choice to make rather than sticking with ashton and perhaps ending up throwing the head in completley....

Sorry, i'm didn't mean it like that, I might not have recieved your e-mail, then went onto to explain I reply to all e-mails, I'm just saying I probably didn't recieve your e-mail. At the time I didn't know there was a problem I was just getting a few e-mails coming through, untill a few months later a huge cache of e-mails was found on my server so nothign went on the website.

Phil.

(Y) Yeh I sounded rather narky there didn't mean to sorry :)

So your going to let it drop now then :unsure:

anyway the bike look's cool and so much fun, cant wait to see the other products bet they will be well nice to. (Y)

also on the subject of Porter, its his choice who he rides for and he shouldn't feel like he has to explain it to everyone every time he decides he wants a change, we should all be happy that he is still riding as he is bloddy awesome on a bike! and a pleasure to watch. B)

Orange dealers mainly, and then possibly through a couple of other sources. im hoping that our shop will be able to sell them as we were the 1st IBD to distribute ANY ashton stuff going back 2/3years now, literally at the time i was supported by mart.

Waynio...................

So your going to let it drop now then :unsure:

anyway the bike look's cool and so much fun, cant wait to see the other products bet they will be well nice to. (Y)

also on the subject of Porter, its his choice who he rides for and he shouldn't feel like he has to explain it to everyone every time he decides he wants a change, we should all be happy that he is still riding as he is bloddy awesome on a bike! and a pleasure to watch. B)

you are arguing about a kid riding a bike

I don't think he does...

well yes i agree, porter probably dont feel like he has to expalin himself otherwise he would have done, but clearly every one feels that he should explain himself, thats why they all have to bitch about his choice to ride for select etc......

you are arguing about a kid riding a bike

and i wouldn't really call it an argument about a kid on a bike, but hey if thats the way you see it mate fair enough, it just annoys me the way people think he has a loyalty to explain things to everyone, like you said he is a kid and shouldn't be having a brake from riding for ashton, so he can enjoy trials again, as that is why we all do it isn't it? anyway enough about the porter thing,

and more about the topic title, a?

well yes i agree, porter probably dont feel like he has to expalin himself otherwise he would have done, but clearly every one feels that he should explain himself, thats why they all have to bitch about his choice to ride for select etc......

and i wouldn't really call it an argument about a kid on a bike, but hey if thats the way you see it mate fair enough, it just annoys me the way people think he has a loyalty to explain things to everyone, like you said he is a kid and shouldn't be having a brake from riding for ashton, so he can enjoy trials again, as that is why we all do it isn't it? anyway enough about the porter thing,

and more about the topic title, a?

Your more pissed off about the fact that I asked why he had changed than anything else by the sounds of it. I was suprised at the descision and wanted to know what had made him make the choice, what's wrong with that? I don't expect him to answer personally, infact I didn't expect anyone to answer, it was a question I was throwing out there for discussion. What's this about people thinking he has a loyalty to explain things to everyone, who or what is this loyalty to?

Care to explain the bit in bold? You seem to have totally contradicted yourself.

:huh: