The Public

max-t

Hello...During my time as a trials rider i have has some runnings with both the public and of course police officers. What sort of things have the public said to you in general and what actions have they taken out...

E.G an old man has confronted me and came right up into my face mouthing off to me.

(i never provoked him!!! :o)

post up any confrontations or events involving with the public please :P

Thanks alot, Max...

Edited by max-t

To be honest where i live is mainly full of old people...And they don't like approaching the 'young uns' as they think we carry knives and guns and bombs and sh*t...I've never been confronted by the public for anything bad i just get 'how long you been doing that kidder?' and i've only been moved on by the police once when i was with me mate riding the museum (well by it) Nothing exciting happens to me :(...Though i did find a dead dog in a tree.

zoo baby!

Edited by zoo

Police are pretty awesome down our way,they no us,we know them and when they see us they pretend they cant see us :rolleyes::-

All is good.

However the general public [not just old people but everyone] seems to hate us.

Your damaging this or marking that?!?!

Last week for instant this old lady came up to me and 2 other riders whilst a friend was trying to hook this bench wall situation and says ''You are soiling that bench you know?!''.

They think were stupid because we wear helmets and ride bikes with no seats but really have a look at the evidence. We KNOW about the no seats thing yeah we arent blind. :blink:

But yeah police side of things is good :)

This is in folkestone,kent.

Craig (Y)

Edited by Urban legend.

To be honest where i live is mainly full of old people...And they don't like approaching the 'young uns' as they think we carry knives and guns and bombs and sh*t...I've never been confronted by the public for anything bad i just get 'how long you been doing that kidder?' and i've only been moved on by the police once when i was with me mate riding the museum (well by it) Nothing exciting happens to me :(...Though i did find a dead dog in a tree.

zoo baby!

hahaha :P

haha lmao that old man was well funny saying we where harasing him lmao and that the squeek from our brakes was our rim hitting the wall so funni

but remeber that guy who gave u a tenner

indeed, i remember, some guy who was pissed was showing off with his mates and he said

"hahaha mate, i bet you cant jump up that bin and then on the wall without putting your foot down"

Max - "whats it worth?"

"ill give you this tenner if you do it"

he payed up as well ...haha :o:P:)

max...

some folk are ace. I was once given a pound by an old lady :D

Its not all good though,

Today i was threatened by a lady working at this placing basically saying if i continue to ride there she can get my address and i will have a bill sent home for the damage. Clearly the damage is from corosion and the walls are quite small so i ride them uci anywhay :angry:

Some people are amazed. Some are like "weres your seat". One guy went upto my mate saying " you do know this isa public place, blah, blah, blah" then he pushed him off a railing. (I think he was pissed). Some people moan at us saying "cant you go somewere else" and then at the other place they say go somewere else.

Soon there making a skatepark near me but there not really for trials and the elders don't understand.

~Matty <_<

Last saturday my friend was just about to do a gap and this drugged up drunk man came up to us and had a really good look at his set up, looking at his rear magura oh so closely (like 5 cm away :lol:), and asked if he could feel how light the bike is and everything, that was funny. But apparently this guy that owned an antique shop threatened to kill my mate and his mates if he saw them riding on his wall again, FUN!

Last saturday my friend was just about to do a gap and this drugged up drunk man came up to us and had a really good look at his set up, looking at his rear magura oh so closely (like 5 cm away :lol:), and asked if he could feel how light the bike is and everything, that was funny. But apparently this guy that owned an antique shop threatened to kill my mate and his mates if he saw them riding on his wall again, FUN!

that happened to me lol. some indian guy cums out his corner shop moaning cuz i was learching down sum steps lol.

i always get chavs shouting at me calling me names just because my bike is different,they even chase after me :( its hard racing away with a 18:16 ratio .also i get the odd comment about the lack of a seat ,usually by a hill billy (N) but occasionally i get a friendly old bloke asking about trials (Y)

Varied in Plymouth

Rode Sunday day with Woddy. Did a small drop as we headded home by The Hoe, group of chavs amazed!

Oldise mixed reaction some yes some no.

We also have city polish officers now due to chavs, emos and scum thats not ment to be in the uk at all. £80 on the spot, court + damgies is what it's ment to be!

Bristol rocks for rididng but it's the birthplace

Varied in Plymouth

Rode Sunday day with Woddy. Did a small drop as we headded home by The Hoe, group of chavs amazed!

Oldise mixed reaction some yes some no.

We also have city polish officers now due to chavs, emos and scum thats not ment to be in the uk at all. £80 on the spot, court + damgies is what it's ment to be!

Bristol rocks for rididng but it's the birthplace

can i ask what harm there brining pete?