Norco

Fish-Finger-er

just been on the leisure lakes site, lookin at a freeride/heavyweight xc machine. are the norco bikes super good value for money, or is there some catch with them. full sus canadian freeride frame, with semi decent wheelset, hayes hydro discs, marzocchi forks etc, and some start at sub £900 for the 24" freeride one.

super good value, or have i missed something, or are norco no longer the prime brand they used to be???

EDIT : note: put it in here, because its not exactly trials related, so wouldnt fit in trials chat i dont think

Edited by trials_punk182

norco's

been looking at the B Line,the Six 2, and the shore 3. although may go for summit totally different, kinda the area i was lookin in, Real tough bikes thatll still do xc, but wont mind when i act like an idiot an try a few feet high huck,or a couple of jumps (note dnt intend doing freeride on it, just feel an xc rig, would break to easy, with me being of the "excess baggage clan" and liking a bit of mess around fun now an then)

The Norco B-line wont be any good unless you're about 5' tall, its designed for kids, thats why its 24".

I've got a Mongoose Teocali Super at home for exactly that kinda thing. I've done a few 20 mile rides, and I've spent a few days sesioning DH runs, and its taken it all briliantly, and is insanely nice to ride and so easy to throw around. Would definatly recomend them.

Originaly it was a Teocali comp, but I managed to be the first person they've heard of to crack a frame, and it was a dodgy weld anyway, penetration was way off. But 1 week and bugger all hastle later I had a brand new Teocali Super frame, and they even offered to re-build the bike free of charge for me.

The full bike set me back £1000, there £800rrp, But I got the forks changed to some Drop-off IIIs, which involved a 20mm front hub too. Since then the list has gone up to new Chaindevice, Bar, Stem, Rims and breaks, and its now set me back £1250 and I've got a really nice ride.

Standard other than the forks bar and stem

The 2007 ones look even better, there still £800 but they have nicer breaks and cranks, a 140mm fork and an air shock.

Or for £1300 this looks sweet as!

If you do get a norco I'd go with the six 2 as the Shore wont go up a hill for shit and the B-lines a kids bike.

yea, on the leisure lakes site, didnt say the b line was a kids bike, just thought it was a 24" wheeled freeride bike(old skool big hit style).

however just spotted this new big hit. would this be a better bet than the norco's??

want something falling just a bit more hardcore than the hardcore xc bikes. and ultimately a frame that will handle a lot more abuse than its going to be bought for, just in case i decide to start getting more into the northshore esque freeride style of stuff, hence why i looked at the shore. and you say it wont go uphill for shit, but its only 6lb heavier than the sixtwo, wouldnt of thought the difference between the 2 would of been that great once id got used to it.