Robs New Giant

rathergoodpie

Well, after finding trials was wearing a bit stagnant after nearly 8 years (and i kinda wasn't enjoying it much anymore), i thought i'd get myself a muck about bike for the hills (theres lots of em round here!) its nothing amazing, but should be ok for a bit of xc/freeriding. hope hubs, hayes discs, azonics etc for £600 second hand, not bad I rekon.

IPB Image

Its not so much that im quitting trials. I just fancy a change of scenery. Although this beauty could be up for sale next year....

IPB Image

not sure if i can let her go though. Trials in my blood and all that! With any luck i'll be back into trials sometime next year. Lets hope so eh.....

Hope you like

Rob

Edited by rathergoodpie

:o That Ashton makes me want to jizz!

That's the way to go though, 1 bike for the precision, disciplined fun of trials, alongside one for the all out adrenalin fueled fun of off roading! :thumbsup:

My pair side by side:

IPB Image

The Iolo does get a little dwarfed by the Mongoose (well, when they both have inflated tyres anyway)

did exactly the same mate, but i sold my trials bike. Had a bash at BMX and didn't like it, currently sorting a dream spec dirt/street bike for summer. Got a revell 450R frame on its way (currently running trailpimp frame, but decided on racing 4X next year) and going for a pair of Pike's after xmas. Pics as soon as its done...

Would advise against selling the trials bike. Perhaps spend some time off, and go back to it with a different view of what you want to achieve. I got fed up of not being able to do what i used to after time out through injuries from tryin to go big and progress. However, i miss it a little now and luckily kept hold of my old Giant Team Trials frame, so gonna build a proper old skool rig for summer to play on, remind myself of the good old days when I was havin fun!!!!

Smithy