My Simtra St1

Bigman

Some recent pics of my simtra with new home made adapters and booster (made with an angle grinder :D)

IPB Image

IPB Image

My new home made spring steel tensioner, no more broken hangers :D

[attachmentid=8963]

[attachmentid=8964]

For some reason the rest of the picutres have not come out very well, so these are the only ones for the minute (Y)

Spec:

Simtra ST1 frame

BT F6 forks

Onza 30inch alu bars

Echo 115mm x 10deg stem

FSA heatset

Front Hope XC built to a DX32 with 25mm holes sprayed white.

Rear CK Discotech built to a white koxx rim

Highroller ST tyres front and rear

Middleburn RS7 cranks with home milled and drilled bash

FSA bottom bracket

Gusset slim jim pedals

Rear dewhore brake with joypads, linear slick cable and SD7 lever, home made adapters and booster

Front 203mm BB7 with SD7 lever and random cable.

Hope you like

Adam

Why would you bother making that over using a rolhoff tensioner? Are you ill?

Thing is, even with a rolhoff it is possible to snap hangers!

I am going to give this a try over the next few days and see how it goes.....

Oh, and Ian, i don't know when i will be putting a BB7 on the back, i sold the one i was going to use :P

Adam

Right, the tensioner works by having a bit of plate bent into an L shape, one end has a hole big enough for the funbolt to fit through, this end is then clamped between the frame and the axle, the other end which is at 90degrees to the bit which is clamped has a sloted hole allowing adjustment for the spring steel, the spring steel is then bolted to the slot so that it point down, becuase it is spring steel it will always (few exceptions) return to its original shape, so it is then bent up and placed above the chain, hence pushing down.........

It is had to explain.

Adam

Did you not think about getting a hanger banger or something ? That would stop you snapping mech hangers.

They do not with with Ck funbolts, this has not cost me anything to make, so it does not bother me if it turns out to be no good, and i have the rolhoff so i can put that straight back on (Y)

Adam

Not too sure about the tensioner. Why dont you use a fixed tensioner attached to the fun bolt, thats what i run and it never comes loose and doesnt rely on mech hangers

I don't like fixed tensiners, as you get tightspots in the drivetrain when using them, as if you watch a chain running through a mech or sprung tensioner it always tensioner always goes up and down, which is what would make the tight spots.

Adam