Maggy Or Vee On The Rear

lankyri

ok i have a bt raven 5 so i dont have four bolt mounts on the frame so when i want to ride a magura i use evo mounts, but its hard to set up the brake and to be honest i cant be bothered with the hassle so i was thinking of running a vee,my question is if people run vee's on the rear what arms and cables and pads do they use

if it helps i run a hog rim with a dead grind

hope you lot can help me

cheers rick

cheers reece, i know vee's work but that was back in the day when i was startin out and i had a pair of shimano deorses lol i was lookin at some avid 7's or summat to that power, reece no offence but your brakes would they be tektros if so no thanks if they are avid than maybe

Vee is the shiznaz on bt raven5.0 frames! I've had one myself. Actually, I still have it.....

But the rear end aint that stiff so you should try to get hold of a decent booster. Housing and wires: Personally I've found that I dont need this expensive shit, just use normal black or grey shimano stuff..

Vee is the shiznaz on bt raven5.0 frames! I've had one myself. Actually, I still have it.....

But the rear end aint that stiff so you should try to get hold of a decent booster. Housing and wires: Personally I've found that I dont need this expensive shit, just use normal black or grey shimano stuff..

Tried a decent housing and cables - jagwire ripcord. While the housing is very stiff, the cables were spongy like nothing. Changed to regular cables and got very stiff brake.

Go for a Vee! I hope my Magura doesn't hear me saying this but, Maggys are more hassle that their worth to be honest. And an avid ultimate set-up works better than Maggys anyway. :unsure:

you talking bout rick here, he dont have a job and is lazy. (rick wouldnt ever buy an ultimate set-up)