Snapped An Allen Key Bolt Head Off

Houseface

If the glue/mole grip methods fail and there is some material still visible outside of the hub then hacksaw a groove in the bolt and use a screwdriver to remove it.

If not then...

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.js...43&ts=24872

Drill a suitable size hole in the remaining material

Use an adjustable spanner/tap wrench/mole grips on the end of the correct sized stud extractor and turn anticlockwise

It has a left hand thread so tightening the extractor loosens the broken bolt out

Edited by huge

ok, there is none sticking out of it, i have tried puching it round with many things and tried gripping it with pliers.also ive tried cutting a screwdriver sized line it it but not enough is sticking out. the superglue also didnt work as theres not enough surface to stick properly too. i think i might have to drill the hole in it.

cheers for the help guys (Y)

steve.

this happened to my mates viz hub. He had to drill it out, which meant the threads were un usable so he runs a qr. Unless you have a lathe its going to be imposssible to drill it straight as bolts are pretty hard. If you get hold of an opposite tap you may be able to get away with that method instead

Guys, as i've said, that is so unessescary... It can be easily done using a quick bodge, and if you have to drill it, all you need to do it get a thin metal drill bit (around 3 mm i'm guessing) drill in about a cm and stick something in it to turn it, it's a kind of bodge you don't really need to take drastic measures in. (was that English?)

Yeah get an extractor. You drill a small hole inside the bolt then turn the extracter inside then the bolt comes out. With no harm to threads. I got one from my local car spares shop, but any hardware store should have one.

Called an " easyout" shithot things they are. drill about 5-8 mm down into the bolt then get u easyout turn it clockwise( i think) down into the hole in the bolt and hey presto shud come out a peice of piss.

Steve, seriously, just drill a small hole in the middle of it, slam a load of super glue in it, and put a screw or something like that, let it set and it'll be fine.

You might aswell buy a new hub with the money you could be paying for these screw extractor tap f**kwit sets...

stop being such a f**k wit he already said the glue thing didn't work just drill completly through the bolt it'll fall apart in side and you scratch out all the shit from inside with a needle