I've Bought....

Andy P

A HOUSE!!! :D

Well, I bought it a while ago - but I get the keys today!!

3 bedrooms (2 large doubles), lounge, dining room, kitchen, "workshop", separate shower and bath, largeish front and rear gardens with patio, driveway space for 3 cars...the whole deal...

Cost me £139,000.00 so looks like I'll be living on budget Morrison's cornflakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next few years!

Not bad for a 21 year old I don't think :D (mortgage in my name only)

Bit of a pontless post but I've impressed myself by getting onto the property ladder so soon when i thought I'd never be able to do it. What have you bought / done recently thats impressed yourself???

Andy P

I bought about 12 plum malt loaves last night (they were on offer so I couldn't resist).

Congratulations on the house! Never had you down for such a mature person! hehe. Not that I'm saying you're immature :P.

I hope it was a mortgage job not a 'here have a suitcase of cash' job, if it was cash then I'm gonna start doing the job you're doing for next year! lol

House breaking (sorry, warming) party this weekend then? :D:D

Nice work man. Must feel great to have a place of your own.

I've gone of the idea of buying a house lately. The housing market in Northern Ireland has went mental. Prices have doubled in the past year. I think I will continue to rent for another while. :(

I bought about 12 plum malt loaves last night (they were on offer so I couldn't resist).

Congratulations on the house! Never had you down for such a mature person! hehe. Not that I'm saying you're immature :P.

I hope it was a mortgage job not a 'here have a suitcase of cash' job, if it was cash then I'm gonna start doing the job you're doing for next year! lol

House breaking (sorry, warming) party this weekend then? :D:D

Haha, I'm far from mature! And yes it was a mortgage job.

Everyones welcome to the house warming party - we'll make it into a little game... House number is 74, see if you can find it ;)

Andy P

Nice work man. Must feel great to have a place of your own.

I've gone of the idea of buying a house lately. The housing market in Northern Ireland has went mental. Prices have doubled in the past year. I think I will continue to rent for another while. :(

yeh 139,000 is dirt cheap for what you got, if it had been in NI it could have been closer to 190,000

yeh 139,000 is dirt cheap for what you got, if it had been in NI it could have been closer to 190,000

It is indeed dirt cheap, My mums 3 bedroom house in salisbury with no drive/garage/workshop, only one bathroom was valued at nearly £250k recently!!! Location seems to have a lot to do with it.

Yeah, I have to agree, £139k is a lot of money but considering what I've got with it I don't think I've done badly at all. house price's have been soaring recently and I thought I'd best get one now, or I'd never be able to afford one.

When I first started looking, I was looking at 100-110k mark, but several months later we found we couldn't get anything at that price. They literally shot up several grand a fortnight.

Andy P

Im just hoping house prices crash before i need to get one! There is a reasnoble possibility of this.

I've been thinking about starting the troubles all over again in Belfast in the hope that it will slow down demand and bring the prices down a bit. :lol:

I've been thinking about starting the troubles all over again in Belfast in the hope that it will slow down demand and bring the prices down a bit. :lol:

I'm not sure if i should laugh at that. But i did. ^_^

Oh yeh, and congrats on the house.

Edited by yoyoyo

I "only" put down 5% deposit which dosn't sound too much, but its pretty difficult to scrape together 7k (8k inc solictors fees) in a few months!!

Andy P

yeah i know, its bloody difficult to have saved that kinda money at our age, especially with your nice car :P

maybe you will be lucky and have a distant relative leave you a heap of dosh!...probably not

yeah i know, its bloody difficult to have saved that kinda money at our age, especially with your nice car :P

maybe you will be lucky and have a distant relative leave you a heap of dosh!...probably not

No chance of a large inheritance I'm affraid :(

Someone did actually suggest I sell my car to help - quite frankly, I'd rather shove wasps up my arse.

Andy

No chance of a large inheritance I'm affraid :(

Someone did actually suggest I sell my car to help - quite frankly, I'd rather shove wasps up my arse.

Andy

Congrats on the new house :) ive had mine for 8 months now and its so f**king good! got a couple of guys living wiht me at the moment paying rent etc just for a bit of company but my god.. i f**king loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee having my own place. Was £9000 less than yours but i had to have it all done up, new wallpaper, laminate flooring (whoever invented this stuff is a god its so good to clean!), painted outside, garden done etc furniture. Its amazing.. also had to furnish the place its a 2/3 bedroom place the 3rd room is tiny but the guy doesnt seem to mind it. Its just so nice to have something to come back to and know its yours.

Good luck with the mortgage how long you have it out for if you dont mind me asking? i was a bit lucky.. i say a bit i mean a lot and havent had to get one, only keeping it till after uni and selling up and moving to america woooo!.. but definitely awesome to get your foot on the property ladder so early :)

You can also buy loads of random crap that you dont need for your own house too :) i opted for 43" flat screen tv and italian leather sofas = entertainment central. Its already turning into a batchelor pad. Weirdest bit about having your own house is definitely getting bills and going.. hmm .. no one ever told me it cost this much to stay alive.

So f**king nice house, f**king nice car, a f**king cool job, and last time I checked a not to shabby missus.

You b*****d.

Rich

...I've got a 10" cock as well - what can I say, I'm obviously a legend... ahaha, if only it were all true. The house is fairly average but needs updating as it hasn't been decorated this side of the millenium (or so it seems), the car might be nice but there are plenty of members on this forum that more expensive cars than mine - I've just done the best I can with what I've got. The job is "alright", pays fairly well but its far from exciting. The missus, well shes a member of this forum and I'd get hit if I didn't say shes the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Like I say, I try and do the best with what I've got, which in reality, is fairly average....

Andy

ps. I have got a 10incher though ;)