Work And What You Do There

Wright Pads

Whats your job and what do you really do there??

09.jpg

64 cores as verified by Windows XP SP2 2006 sumemr build! (had to link you to a pic thats out on the net as cameras not allowed at work)

NDA for Intel. My main office is based in Swindow how ever i work from home a lot testing and destorying the latest kit! Check the newst toy to come into work.

Pete

Whats your job and what do you really do there??

64 cores as verified by Windows XP SP2 2006 sumemr build! (had to link you to a pic thats out on the net as cameras not allowed at work)

NDA for Intel. My main office is based in Swindow how ever i work from home a lot testing and destorying the latest kit! Check the newst toy to come into work.

Pete

not meaning to take the mick here, but cameras arent allowed at work, yet you work from home. just take pictures when your working from home.

meh, as for me, im a lowly bt fleet vehicle technician. i attempt to repair vans, that people like bongo break, every single day.

Thought you ran a bike company Pete, but Meh we'll never know

Frooty

I did. Then i changed my job as i made enough money to doss about and i wanted to be more of a fmaily man/house husband. I saw this NDA job and went for it. Getitng to paid to mess with latest kit all day..hell yeah.

not meaning to take the mick here, but cameras arent allowed at work, yet you work from home. just take pictures when your working from home.

meh, as for me, im a lowly bt fleet vehicle technician. i attempt to repair vans, that people like bongo break, every single day.

Stuff i get home you'll get in the shops in 3 months, it'll already be documented on the net and photos from shows of it. That i do do. Stuff like in my 1st post which is a test of what can be done which is not going to come out for at least 5+ years and is in the office i am not allowed too as cameras are not allwoed in as i said.

When you say that people bork every day, BT staff or genral public? I acidently smacked a BT van once but he was half on my driver and wouldn;t move it so forcefully off it went hahah

I did. Then i changed my job as i made enough money to doss about and i wanted to be more of a fmaily man/house husband. I saw this NDA job and went for it. Getitng to paid to mess with latest kit all day..hell yeah.

Stuff i get home you'll get in the shops in 3 months, it'll already be documented on the net and photos from shows of it. That i do do. Stuff like in my 1st post which is a test of what can be done which is not going to come out for at least 5+ years and is in the office i am not allowed too as cameras are not allwoed in as i said.

When you say that people bork every day, BT staff or genral public? I acidently smacked a BT van once but he was half on my driver and wouldn;t move it so forcefully off it went hahah

everything, we currently maintain all bt vehicles, all g4s(securicor) vehicles, central networks. transco, national grid, scotia grid, scottish power,thames water. transport police, johnsons paint, kwik fit vehicles. no matter who breaks them, also do private work, but that just generally annoys me, as half the time its a vehicle youve never seen and have no manuals for.

and any damage you can do to a bt vehicle by shunting it off ur drive, is very little,compared to some of the stuff we see. unfortunately dont get to body repairs or paint. unless its fibreglass, or minor painting( bumpers, fibreglass panels, trim, mirrors, etc). which is a shame. cos its the bit of the job i enjoy the most.

How random, i just moved from there back home...(well in december). OT where in Plym are you or you in halls?

i live in discovery heights (big red tiled place between uni and sainsburys) and willl be living on mutley plain next year. Plymouth is the reason i took up trials, theres so much street to ride and loads of people to ride with. made sense to get into it.

you should leave a message on here if you come back, go for a street or play on the hoe.

any damage you can do to a bt vehicle by shunting it off ur drive, is very little,compared to some of the stuff we see.

Depends what i was driving. At the time is as old range rover and not mine with the bull bar hit the kiddy dead yeah things at the front and my drive allowed me to smash into the van at a good 20mph, it moved with lot of noise and mess and i happerly carryed on driving down the road. Nowt came of it as my drive is a private drive anyway and clearly marked. Mind he did get rid of the static on the fax line we got er

i live in discovery heights (big red tiled place between uni and sainsburys) and willl be living on mutley plain next year. Plymouth is the reason i took up trials, theres so much street to ride and loads of people to ride with. made sense to get into it.

you should leave a message on here if you come back, go for a street or play on the hoe.

I know the one! Ex misis is on mutley but shes at Marjons! Theres sod all to ride there. Plus you can;t cos of the chavs and old bill. Bristol is where you want to ride! Sceen has gotten bigger in Plymouth yes!

I will be down to see what plymouth is like and see a load of mates. When i duno and when i'll be rididng depends on my ankle getting stronger as still fresh out of plaster and 2 my 2nd proto frame being made! hehe

Session Musician of sorts

inc. Band Manager in certain placed...

the session work is good £70 per hour, when you're working with good people

Band Managing is - a hobby to say the least :ermm:

how many halfords "technicians" does it take to change a lightbulb?

i actually saw 4 people all crowding around a car in the halfords car park once before while waiting for my mate fuggie to go in and get a tube, was hilarious!

Just a quick note:

Lots of people here work in Halfords, in some department, or know someone closely that does....

I know I gave them a nickname, but they're not all that bad.

So, just be careful what you say, or you'll never be put to a full member...

Edited by Hendrixmaster

Full time Student, Part-time 'Advanced Communicator' Means I sit in a call centre taking shitty calls from arsehole's who have NO common sense.

Im terribly close to leaving it's so shite.

People phone up, and argue on the phone for an hour, about a point which is clearly in english in the leaflets.

An example is one woman INSISTING that a 2 week service is Guaranteed, on the basis that it's doesn't specify that it's NOT guaranteed.

The only way I can be bothered with it is to go in after a good spliff.

Full time Student, Part-time 'Advanced Communicator' Means I sit in a call centre taking shitty calls from arsehole's who have NO common sense.

Im terribly close to leaving it's so shite.

People phone up, and argue on the phone for an hour, about a point which is clearly in english in the leaflets.

An example is one woman INSISTING that a 2 week service is Guaranteed, on the basis that it's doesn't specify that it's NOT guaranteed.

The only way I can be bothered with it is to go in after a good spliff.

This may sound terribly racist...

...do you have to talk in an Indian Accent or Stong Jordie Accent ??! :lol: