Jobs

B.E.A.U

ok i have left college because i hated the corse. I have no job and my dad is being a dick becase i stole his pump for his bike lol. no he is saying stuff like im lazy blah blah when he knows f**k all. ive tried to ge ta job no one likes me

just wondering how to go about getting a job

i have taken cvs absolutely everywhere i could think of, more than once.

no hes saying dont come home until you have a job. and well if you knew my dad you wouldnt come home untill you have a job. He smashed up the garage threw all my tolls across the garage and was havin ga paddy and smashed the bottom of my tool box.

So ye i think i need a job

can i do anything else than shitty cvs that dont do f**k all apart from sit in a draw.

depends what sort of thing you're after really - the easiest way to get a job is to already have a job or know someone who can get you a job.

I'd recommend going down to tesco and getting on the tills or something equally mindless for a while - it'll keep Pops off your back, earn you some beer money and look better on the CVs you send out than sitting on your arse at home.

failing that

You could actually do worse than going on jobseekers allowance - you won't find anything that pays particularly well or has much of a future but they do a lot of the phoning around and sending the CV work for you. It's been a few years since I was on the dole but they did actively try to find me the work I wanted when I was.

You are pretty much guaranteed a job with the service team. Find out where your nearest recruitment centre is and register. They will also give you jobs like picking and packing, cleaning, production line etc.

Maybe your dad's just mad 'cause you left college. It was a silly thing to do to be honest. School rules compared to work.

You could actually do worse than going on jobseekers allowance - you won't find anything that pays particularly well or has much of a future but they do a lot of the phoning around and sending the CV work for you. It's been a few years since I was on the dole but they did actively try to find me the work I wanted when I was.

They've done absolutly nothing for me. Apart from the free money thing. I have a meeting today to see if it's actually worth them still paying me. :lol:

Jobcentre Website thats where I got my current job from. Very handy website and can really help you narrow down the kind of job your after. You could also probably go on job seekers allowance, how much you get will depend of your circumstances but when I was looking they gave me £40 a week (because I was living at home). Hope it goes well.

thanks guys well because im 17 i went down the job cenetrand they said i have to be 18 to sign on etc.

it wasnt a silly thing dropping colege why do i want to stay at college be depressd and end up not wanting to work or go out for my futur woop. im going bac just t odo something i want to do.

i dont care what job it is aslong as i have a job.

I cant really talk, as I don't have a job myself. But that's from lack of trying, as I'm not really bothered while I'm still in college.

If you're applying to places like Halfords, or anywhere of a similar nature with branches and stuff, then put a covering letter in, and don't address it as an application, just address it to the manager. That way they'll open it and actually read it strait away, rather than just chucking it on the pile of applications the instant it comes in the door. Might get you an interview a bit quicker. Also if you'll sink that low McDonalds will employ anyone, rapist, murderer, french,they don't care, you can't be picky with people staying on an average time of 2 weeks. haha.

I cant really talk, as I don't have a job myself. But that's from lack of trying, as I'm not really bothered while I'm still in college.

If you're applying to places like Halfords, or anywhere of a similar nature with branches and stuff, then put a covering letter in, and don't address it as an application, just address it to the manager. That way they'll open it and actually read it strait away, rather than just chucking it on the pile of applications the instant it comes in the door. Might get you an interview a bit quicker. Also if you'll sink that low McDonalds will employ anyone, rapist, murderer, french,they don't care, you can't be picky with people staying on an average time of 2 weeks. haha.

you know it lol i like your idea of a covering letter just finding adresses lol. lol employ french. if they employed germans that would be extreme. If they employed jews i would never eat anotehr mcdonalds.

thanks guys well because im 17 i went down the job cenetrand they said i have to be 18 to sign on etc.

You don't have to be 18 to use the computers there though :) (if yours has them that is) just go looking around shops firstly and ask in them all. There IS a job going somewhere, dont be afraid to be bigheaded and say why youre gonna be a benefit to the company, but only if they ask. But seriously go into every single shop and one of them will say yes. If not you may have to travel further afield which is good but bare in mind youll probs have to ride there each morning, so dont find a job here :P

If you are desperate for a job, then I wouldn't be too bothered what it is you end up doing, so long as its a job, its still money. Once you have a job, keep looking until you find a better one, and eventually you'll end up doing what you REALLY want to :)

You can go on JS allowance when your under 18. I was put on 'new deal' which is for like 16 to 19 year olds. You get loads of discounts as well. You can now use the new deal card on trains. So it's definatly worth doing.

If you have got enthusiasm to do anything then you will ring them up along with mcdonalds and temping agency.

You can go on JS allowance when your under 18. I was put on 'new deal' which is for like 16 to 19 year olds. You get loads of discounts as well. You can now use the new deal card on trains. So it's definatly worth doing.

If you have got enthusiasm to do anything then you will ring them up along with mcdonalds and temping agency.

how does that work how do i go about that

Yeah Jobseekers' is great... if you want to have just enough money to live off and no decent career propects.

#

yea, but hes going back to college next year, at the moment his life is myspace, doing his hair, riding,myspace, seeing his girlfriend, his girlfriend doing his hair, and myspace, this earns him nothing, but if he cud do that, and have a £40 a week in his pocket. its better than a kick in the teeth. he cud pay his rents keep, so they wernt as angry at him, as at least he was paying his way, and still have enough left over for train fare to go riding somwhere a couple of times a week.

#

yea, but hes going back to college next year, at the moment his life is myspace, doing his hair, riding,myspace, seeing his girlfriend, his girlfriend doing his hair, and myspace, this earns him nothing, but if he cud do that, and have a £40 a week in his pocket. its better than a kick in the teeth. he cud pay his rents keep, so they wernt as angry at him, as at least he was paying his way, and still have enough left over for train fare to go riding somwhere a couple of times a week.

how do you know my life lol.

oi my hair is ausome. lol i think we should have best hair comp lol.

and yes i like tight clothesmore fun ennet lol.

Literally pulled your stretcher out didn't he?

yes:( blood all over my shirt and some puss. so im gettin ga tattoo when im 18 evan though he said he will be at home with a knife waiting to cut it out of me lol.

owel. i need a job i went out last night handed out 12 cvs, then my gf left 4 at this shop whata fool i couldnt find them after that.