Is It True?

crazy_gap girl

The end of MSN for mac?

Found this:

MSN for Mac OS X will soon be a thing of the past. Microsoft has announced that they will no longer be offering or supporting their MSN service for Mac OS X, effective May 31st of this year.

Said a Microsoft representative, “Beginning May 31, Microsoft will make changes and no longer support the MSN for Mac OS X Internet Software client.” While unwilling to disclose how many subscribers the move will affect, they claimed it to be “a small number.”

While Mac users will still be able to purchase Internet service from MSN, they will have to use their own software to actually connect, such as the Internet Connection dialer which comes with OS X. Whether the continued offering of Internet access to Mac users is due to a desire on the part of Microsoft to still service the Mac sector, or due to an obligation to provide Mac users with Internet access as part of a years-old agreement with Qwest, is unclear, although smart money is on the latter.

Of course, Mac users accessing MSN through their own means will still be able to purchase premium MSN services such as Encarta Premium, Money Plus, and the expanded 2gig Hotmail storage.

Mac users who are upset over the loss of the MSN client always have the option of switching to a Windows machine and..oh gosh, Aunty couldn’t even type that with a straight face. Once you go Mac does anyone ever go back?

Old news?, or? :unsure:

Meh recently got a macbook and was looking into MSN....

EDIT: its the MSN software not MSN Messenger software!!

Edited by crazy_gap girl

The end of MSN for mac?

Found this:

Old news?, or? :unsure:

Meh recently got a macbook and was looking into MSN....

think your lookin at it right, as in the full msn service will no longer be available on macbooks.

but ms staniforth, i think your thinking of msn, as in the messenging client. "MSN" is MicroSoftNetworks/ing. as in the whole online service, with access to hotmail,encylopedias, classified ads, personalised search engines, etc. confused me a couple of years ago, when i read msn 8 was due for release. didnt mean msn messenger, meant msn as in the online web experience that a small number of people pay to use. not the free web based services microsoft offer. thinking about it,pc users now use something called windows live messenger, as opposed to msn messenger now for the most part.

dont expect the im client to be dropped anytime soon.

think your lookin at it right, as in the full msn service will no longer be available on macbooks.

but ms staniforth, i think your thinking of msn, as in the messenging client. "MSN" is MicroSoftNetworks/ing. as in the whole online service, with access to hotmail,encylopedias, classified ads, personalised search engines, etc. confused me a couple of years ago, when i read msn 8 was due for release. didnt mean msn messenger, meant msn as in the online web experience that a small number of people pay to use. not the free web based services microsoft offer. thinking about it,pc users now use something called windows live messenger, as opposed to msn messenger now for the most part.

dont expect the im client to be dropped anytime soon.

I edited 2 mins before you posted. basically saying that.

Get Adium

http://www.adiumx.com

Best Mac MSN client going.

(aMSN comes in a close second, only cos it can view webcam and you can see all the slutty girls getting naked on cam, but as youre a girl, that probably doesnt interest you in the slightest)

adium doesnt support full-speed file transfers though?

it's the only reason i use amsn, it crashes all the time but it does file transfers. microshit are wankers for making their own msn client useless and not allowing other people's clients to send files peer to peer.

it's the only reason i use amsn, it crashes all the time but it does file transfers. microshit are wankers for making their own msn client useless and not allowing other people's clients to send files peer to peer.

Yeah I know, about 6kb/s max. It sucks, but I like the customisation options and the fact its really stable.

When I ran aMSN i always used the latest SVN build, which was usually just as stable with more features than the standard build.

Get Adium

http://www.adiumx.com

Best Mac MSN client going.

(aMSN comes in a close second, only cos it can view webcam and you can see all the slutty girls getting naked on cam, but as youre a girl, that probably doesnt interest you in the slightest)

Go team Jon.

Saves me posting it lol. I agree with all of that post (Y)

Microwank make me laugh.

Like bucky says, there will always be ways around it.

There already is. Adium is much much better than Microsoft MSN messenger for mac, by about 9999X over. It's customisable, and offers all the things that MSN does, but looks better and works faster.

Yeah...get Windows. :P

Windoze is for retards, and people who are too scared to try something new, or like gaming / upgrading their computer a lot. I prefer OsX for it's simplicity, ease of use, mega applications and how it doesn't break. Unlike windoze ;)

Edited by Nick Carter

There already is. Adium is much much better than Microsoft MSN messenger for mac, by about 9999X over. It's customisable, and offers all the things that MSN does, but looks better and works faster.

Windoze is for retards, and people who are too scared to try something new, or like gaming / upgrading their computer a lot. I prefer OsX for it's simplicity, ease of use, mega applications and how it doesn't break. Unlike windoze ;)

ha ha, your so naive with saying that. I can take a video of the way my dads mac opens iphoto, freezes, crashes, gets a stupid spinning colour wheel and then reboots itself after i plug the printer in if you want. Of course macs can break, ALL things can break... even diamonds.

I used amsn too. It's on Linux and Windows, so I know where I stand when I swtich from OS to OS. It also has decent polygamy support, as I have multiple accounts open at the same time.