Problem Page!

Davey

Oh Davey Davey, i have a problem with firefox not being able to hear sound and a friend told me to get a new one but i want to keep all my saved passwords will it keep them?? after i have unistalled? will it transfer them to the newer version?

cheers pimp

I should perhaps point out this isn't really the kinda "problem" you come to an agony aunt for, but all the same I shall do my best to help. As far as I know when you uninstall it will peel the cookies containing your passwords, so they will be lost, as they get saved in firefox programme files which get removed and replaced when you re-install!

If anyone else knows more on this subject please do interject, as I'm not 100% sure, there may be an option to tranfer passwords that I'm not aware of!

Davey

Edited by Davey

I should perhaps point out this isn't really the kinda "problem" you come to an agony aunt for, but all the same I shall do my best to help. As far as I know when you uninstall it will peel the cookies containing your passwords, so they will be lost, as they get saved in firefox programme files which get removed and replaced when you re-install!

If anyone else knows more on this subject please do interject, as I'm not 100% sure, there may be an option to tranfer passwords that I'm not aware of!

Davey

Cheers davey anybody else know if it will work need sum help people help me out!!

PIMP

Oh Davey Davey,

I never thought I'd actually post in here, it sounded so gay, but I'm bored.

Davey, I'm bored and have a broken leg and fractured ankle and I find it difficult to move a lot. Could you suggest something that might be a bit less boring to do, and fun none the less.

Oh, and wanking is out of the question, I've even got bored of that.

Oh Davey, Davey

How was I supposed to know

That something wasn't right here

Oh Davey, Davey

I shouldn't have let you go

And now you're out of sight, yeah

Show me how you want it to be

Tell me Davey 'cause I need to know now, oh because

My loneliness is killing me (and I)

I must confess I still believe (still believe)

When I'm not with you I lose my mind

Give me a sign

Hit me Davey one more time

Oh Davey, Davey

The reason I breathe is you

Boy you got me blinded

Oh pretty Davey

There's nothing that I wouldn't do

It's not the way I planned it

Give me a sign

Oh Davey, Davey how was I supposed to know

Oh pretty Davey, (Aaaah) I shouldn't have let you go

I must confess, that my loneliness is killing me now

Don't you know I still believe

That you will be here

And give me a sign

Give me a sign

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

Oh Davey, Davey

How was I supposed to know

That something wasn't right here

Oh Davey, Davey

I shouldn't have let you go

And now you're out of sight, yeah

Give me a sign

Oh Davey, Davey

The reason I breathe is you

Boy you got me blinded

Oh pretty Davey

There's nothing that I wouldn't do

It's not the way I planned it

Give me a sign

Oh Davey, Davey how was I supposed to know

Oh pretty Davey, (Aaaah) I shouldn't have let you go

I must confess, that my loneliness is killing me now

Don't you know I still believe

That you will be here

And give me a sign

Give me a sign

You've just ruined the whole thread.

Oh Davey Davey,

I never thought I'd actually post in here, it sounded so gay, but I'm bored.

Davey, I'm bored and have a broken leg and fractured ankle and I find it difficult to move a lot. Could you suggest something that might be a bit less boring to do, and fun none the less.

Oh, and wanking is out of the question, I've even got bored of that.

Well I can assure you this thread is not gay. I did have a gay thread, remember that, it was quite good I thought, but no this one is completely asexual, or maybe bisexual as it's a kinda free for all!

Anyway, moving on. I am sorry to hear about your leg and ankle, how long are you gonna be incapacitated for? I must confess if I were in your situation I would be getting someone to take me to blockbusters to rent out as many Family Guy, Simpsons and Futurama box sets as I could, but that's just me!

Everyone is a little different really, but the most common boredom busters for those with limited movement are:

1. Sudoku, probably one of the most popular at the moment but in my opinion one of the most lame and even more boring than doing nothing, haha, each to their own though!

2. Puzzles, maybe see if someone will go get you one if you can't yourself, but make it a massive one, I did that one with all the beans once, mental, or even better one of those 3D ones because they are wicked!!

3. Solo card games, you know the type of thing, solitaire etc, obviously you dont need cards for that because you'll have it on your computer, try and rinse your highest score

4. Reading, again not a personal choice but I imagine getting lost in a book could be good if you're into that kinda thing

5. UKTVG2, this is just me probably, but I could watch Top Gear all day and never get bored, in fact Sundays often that is all I do all day, and it's on pretty much all the time if you have digital (Y)

6. Browse Wikipedia. It is full of genuinely interesting facts as well as loads of really naff ones but you'll sound really smart when you recount what you've learned to your mates. For example did you know that today is the 46th anniversary of the day Yuri Gagarin became the first man to enter outer space and orbit the earth... no.... well neither did I until I just went on Wikipedia!!!

And if none of that floats your boat, you could become what is known as a homeworker and earn some cash while you get fixed up. Basically there are all sorts of non skilled small scale hand construction jobs such as putting together party hats, inserting mailers into envelopes or clipping together those little plastic things that have the price on in supermarkets. They are all things which people dont realise are often done by hand, I know because I've done a few of them. You can get paid per box usually, and it's not much but it's something to do and it may not be as good as watching telly but you dont get paid to watch telly do you?!?

Hope I have been of some assistance!

Davey

We could just move onto problems, rather then dwelling on the fact that I quoted Britney Spears.

Yes please, that is kinda the point of this thread. So Cal, how are things, seen J or S recently? Need any advice in that area?

Davey

oh davey davey

I'm obsessed with monika vesala (ask google) and have downloaded all the freely available pictures of her from the internet.

How am I going to sate my sordid desires now ?

also

where's that bikini picture - I've been waiting at least 10 minutes

oh davey davey

I'm obsessed with monika vesala (ask google) and have downloaded all the freely available pictures of her from the internet.

How am I going to sate my sordid desires now ?

also

where's that bikini picture - I've been waiting at least 10 minutes

Google doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with pictures of the aformentioned lady, which is quite upsetting, but I'm pretty sure I know who you are on about, not my thing personally! Your tastes seem to have become more mainstream which is odd. Rather than getting more perverse and extreme you have come the other way and now lust after the more "obvious" choices!

But in any case, you and I both know there is a multitude of other t'internet ladies to peruse and salivate over. I think perhaps this obsession in itself is the problem, it seems unhealthy, you need to move on!

Davey

PS: I haven't even charmed the snake to the bikini pic yet so you're certainly not going to just yet!

Edited by Davey

Google doesn't seem to be very forthcoming with pictures of the aformentioned lady, which is quite upsetting, but I'm pretty sure I know who you are on about, not my thing personally! Your tastes seem to have become more mainstream which is odd. Rather than getting more perverse and extreme you have come the other way and now lust after the more "obvious" choices!

But in any case, you and I both know there is a multitude of other t'internet ladies to peruse and salivate over. I think perhaps this obsession in itself is the problem, it seems unhealthy, you need to move on!

Davey

PS: I haven't even charmed the snake to the bikini pic yet so you're certainly not going to just yet!

I'm a dad now - I've had to moderate myself. If you can't find her on google there's plenty on coolios (rest of url not added because that would be against the rules) . Thinking about it though - there's nothing mainstream about charlotte church .

go on - send the pic, gimme a call and we can synchronise

you'll be wondering whether I really meant that all evening won't you?

Wikipedia sounds the best there!

I'm out of action for about 4-6 weeks and in a cast for atleast another 2-4, and on crutches for another 4-6 weeks depending on the nerve damage.

It's wank.

Thanks for the advice.

Ps. Callum you ruined the thread, end of story.

ow davey baby my hair is f**ked from hair products and strateners:( so i have had to trim all the dead bits and its not as big as it was:(

how do i make my hair grow faster:(

Ok, I think there's 2 things to look at here. First of all, getting your hair to grow faster, there are miracle grow type things, but I'd wager you probably cant afford them. My boss went bald and paid like £4000 for a years worth of this stuff to put on his head and a special massager and everything, and he now has hair again, but he's loaded. For the rest of us it's a case of the waiting game I'm afraid, but you can encourage more growth with regular massage to the head. It stimulates blood flow to the hair folicles!

Get a girlfriend or friend who is a girl (if a guy does it that's a bit weird because it feels real good and you may make sex noises, trust) to make like spider hands on your head, so like one either side as though she's one of the grabby machines at arcades and you're the soft toy shes just won. Then tell her to work her fingers in a circular motion, being quite firm! It feels great trust me, and it will help although dont expect anything radical!

Second thing is, your hair sounds like it needs some love, so when you do get it back you should look after it better. If you straighten it do you use a straightening balm? Sounds gay but it protects your hair from the heat and at the end of the day there's nothing gay about having nice hair, girls love it! So use that, and if you colour it or use lots of products you should condtion it when you wash it too, to replenish the moisture and stop it drying out and getting those dead split ends you have had to cut off. Incidentally the conditioning process is a great time to put one of those head massages into effect!!

Hope that helps!

Davey

davey davey, why did i think you were such a sack before? but now actually consider you alright?

also, how is poopipe not working for the bbc?

Well I must say having never really spoken to you I had no idea you thought I was a sack, you never said anything... I dont think! But either way, if we're honest we're all sacks from time to time, so it's quite possible that's the reason you thought I was one, because I may have been being one. But I'm glad you now think I'm alright, as I say I've never spoken to you so haven't really made any judgement but I tend to accept everyone as a good person until they give me reason to believe otherwise, people tend to show their true colours fairly quickly!

Jon is too busy doing much more important things to work for the BBC, he does all sorts, shit you wouldnt' believe..... he is an enigma.... Or just something to do with computer programming or something, either way, he's too "real" for the BBC so they wouldn't hire him!

Davey

Edited by Davey

oh davey davey,

i found a band, auditioning on sunday i think. got 2 songs to learn, know them pretty well but will write down the structure etc tonight. (drums).

what does a band want from a drummer? time keeping of course, but what else. i really want this to go well.

cheers.

holy feck dave that was the best advice i ever had you went intolooooods of detail thanks mate,

im a bit of a girl lol i have to look smell good etc i use stratening protection and then i use otehr creams like to keep fly away bits down then a cream to put split ends right then hair spray in the bak to make my hair maaaaaaasooooov lol

thanks mate also i do wash and condition it alot. i may masarge my yead in bed and get the mrs to do it thanks mate.

Beau

oh davey davey,

i found a band, auditioning on sunday i think. got 2 songs to learn, know them pretty well but will write down the structure etc tonight. (drums).

what does a band want from a drummer? time keeping of course, but what else. i really want this to go well.

cheers.

Hi Janson

That's wicked, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. What kinda music is it out of interest?

Obviously time keeping is the number one thing, but it's not just about being a human metronome. A good drummer can make a great band, look at Blink 182, I think they are decidedly average musically but what makes them great is Travis' undeniable style and flare! As the drummer you are the base, the foundation upon which everything else is built, and for me it doesn't matter how great a band is if the drummer is poor it shows through more than anything else.

All the best drummers I can think of are those who are modest and understated but with impecable timing. They don't riddle songs with complex fills, they keep the rhythm going and punctuate it with well thought out fills in the right places. I've known too many drummers who think lots of fills = good drummer, this is NOT the case so try and avoid too much showing off, just keep it simple because as you say above everything else they'll be looking for someone to keep them in time and add percussion, NOT steal their limelight!

One other tip I would offer as someone who has been in many bands is to try and keep the random messing about on your kit to a minimum. Between practicing songs and while talking things over drummers tend to get all stick happy and it's almost impossible to get them to shut up, it's been the same with every band I've been in. Guitarists do it too to a lesser expent but drummers tend to be the worst. You have to set up obviously and warm up too, but other than that, unless you're playing the songs don't drum because trust me it drives other band members nuts!

Apart from that, good luck and let me know how it goes!

Davey