Tensiles Or Middleburns ?

Mike W

Hey

I need new cranks for my bike as my echos are on the way out,At the moment its between middleburn rs7 super pro trials and a heatsink 18 tooth bash

OR tensile urban legends? which would be better in terms or performance strength etc..

they will be going on my mod if that makes any difference :)

thanks alot

mike W

had my buns for about 4 years and they were square taper and never really had a problem they never came loose but i have managed to snap a couple of chain rings from where the chain ring bolts werent tight but hey no ones perfect

i would go for burns mate

Go for the Middleburns - had mine for years and they're still perfect. If you get the ISIS ones you'll probably never have to buy another set of cranks in your life. Several of my mates have run the Tensiles and they've cracked within about a year or so.

Edited by Rumplestiltskin

Tensiles all the way for me! I've had them for a year now and there's no problems what so ever, my mate has a middleburn and the non drive side crank arm rounded off at the pedal, after i saw this happen I didn't think a crank of this quality would do that so easily. Thats why I prefer tensiles as they have inserts for the pedal which can be replaced if rounded (Y)

I run tensiles for a Mod bike but I would consider some middleburns when I move onto Stock. So overall in my opinion, it depends on what bike you ride, go for the Tensiles for a 20" and a middleburn for a 26"

Nile

Tensiles all the way for me! I've had them for a year now and there's no problems what so ever, my mate has a middleburn and the non drive side crank arm rounded off at the pedal, after i saw this happen I didn't think a crank of this quality would do that so easily. Thats why I prefer tensiles as they have inserts for the pedal which can be replaced if rounded (Y)

I run tensiles for a Mod bike but I would consider some middleburns when I move onto Stock. So overall in my opinion, it depends on what bike you ride, go for the Tensiles for a 20" and a middleburn for a 26"

Nile

haha, one pair of middleburns wrecked. do you know how long they have been around and how many people have them? ive seen more tensiles snap and crack than middleburns, thats for sure.

Heard of way too many tensiles snapping for me to trust them. My burns are nice though, and have taken a fair beating.

I do like the rugged industrial look of the tensiles but the burns look nice too in a completely different, sleek, smooth way.

I would go for Tensiles.......

1. They are what i have just put on my Adamant, i had Middleburns on there before and the Tensiles look sooo much nicer IMHO (They shiney for starters), i also like the fact that you can spin the outer part of the bashring if you mangle it to bad :)

2. BE DIFFERENT, everyone rides Middleburns :)

The real problem i have with middleburns is the price :| you must have to be pretty harsh to snap cranks anyway right ?

thanks

mike W

Not reaally, i saw a video of someone snapping a pair on a relativlely small drop and they said it was like thesecond or third pair they'd snapped.... they weren't even doing anything huge throughout the video.