Racism

Has anyone seen my shoe?

No, I refuse.

Like mentioned before, Paki is just Pakistani shortend down.

Nigger is just another word, if a black guy said 'get lost white boy' the only bit that would annoy me would be the get lost bit.

Dont see why you have such a chip on your shoulder.

ok so its orite to say paki now thats what your saying. if your next to a 6ft 5 bodybuilder pakistani and you say paki , he walks over you to beat the shit out of you and you say , "oh no dont hit me it wasnt ment to be offensive"

he just walk off? no he`d probably put you in a hospital bed.

"

Edited by Deonn h

I havn't seen a 'paki' (oh my god send me to jail now) big enough to even consider becoming a body builder. Stop getting hung up over this shite, i don't know why they get offended, next time someone calls me a Brit should i go over and kick the shit out of him? Is that ok?

Right, this is something I gave a lot of thought to a while back with some friends and our conclusions were: The word in itself is not derogatory and should be socially acceptable, BUT there are still connotations associated with the word that upset certain people a lot, usually black people, though sometimes others too.

Let's put it this way, if someone you don't know walks up to you and says something potentially insulting; you will react differently to a friend than to a stranger, it's the same with nigger.

I walk up to someone on Golders Green Road and go "Jew, right?" I'm liable to get at least a dirty look from a stranger, if I do it to a friend it's totally fine. It's the same with nigger.

I agree that the word should become normalized, however it's not what it should be, it's what it is, get used to it and don't call black people niggers unless they are your friends and cool with it...

On the side, people from Nigeria are Nigerians, what is the PC term for people from Niger??

Daver

And this is in referance to white people calling other white people niggers, its shouldn't offend blacks at all, its got nothing to do with them (other then the fact that the word is associated with them).

Are you going to restrict ethnic groups from saying certain words.

'Hey Jew, you cant say the word 'bible' as its for christians only.'

Right, this is something I gave a lot of thought to a while back with some friends and our conclusions were: The word in itself is not derogatory and should be socially acceptable, BUT there are still connotations associated with the word that upset certain people a lot, usually black people, though sometimes others too.

Let's put it this way, if someone you don't know walks up to you and says something potentially insulting; you will react differently to a friend than to a stranger, it's the same with nigger.

I walk up to someone on Golders Green Road and go "Jew, right?" I'm liable to get at least a dirty look from a stranger, if I do it to a friend it's totally fine. It's the same with nigger.

I agree that the word should become normalized, however it's not what it should be, it's what it is, get used to it and don't call black people niggers unless they are your friends and cool with it...

On the side, people from Nigeria are Nigerians, what is the PC term for people from Niger??

Daver

That is exactley right .

And this is in referance to white people calling other white people niggers, its shouldn't offend blacks at all, its got nothing to do with them (other then the fact that the word is associated with them).

Are you going to restrict ethnic groups from saying certain words.

'Hey Jew, you cant say the word 'bible' as its for christians only.'

It's fine, we have our own etymologically correct words in Hebrew for it, none of this English nonsense. :P

Exactly, if people used a bit of tact there wouldn't be a problem.

Paki is an abbreviation, simple as that. Sure it's commonly used as an inslult and has that kind of assiciation but it doesn't take that much brainpower to work out if it's being used in an insulting manner or not.

The word nigger has become such a commonplace saying that in my opinion, it's not offensive anymore, unless it's particularly said in a derogatory way, such as "f**k off you dirty nigger". I said "Nigga's got some awesome tattoo's" or something to that affect, referring to a white guy who comes from Colorado, the whitest state ever. I have no idea how that was ever perceived as racist or offensive.

Everyone black who I know isn't offended by it at all, especially used in a context like that.

And to say your grandparents were slaves is pretty laughable, what with slavery being abolished 200 years ago.

I've been playing too much San Andreas and listening to too much NWA recently anyway.

I am pretty sure no-one really uses the word paki in a nice way...

EDIT: See above post.

I'm afraid this is not so; at least not entirely. I refer to my g/f using the word paki in a jokingly way. She also calls me a 'honky'. Perhaps though, the intention is passive-aggresive and we're not aware of it :P

been playing too much San Andreas and listening to too much NWA recently anyway.

think youve kind of brought up something totally mind blowing to this, black people, every single one of them without fail, takes offence to the word, "nigger", and would never want it heard again,[sarcasm] so theres no way in a million years theyd ever call one of these music groups that partake in "rapping" would ever use nigger in a group name would there, such a thing would be popostrous.

and it would also be crazy for someone to mention the word nigger in any song lyrics.

and on the basis that its never used as part of a band name by black people, and in coloured music, the word nigger is never mentioned, therefore we shouldnt use it.

[/sarcasm]

im sorry, but if its alright for one race to use the word, it should be alright for another to use it, equality and all that, and if its not ok for black people to say it, then role models(for black and white people) should never say it, and these music stars are role models for both black and white youngsters(you dont believe me, go check out how many "bluds" are wearing fubu, ecko, sean john etc, hell even i own phat farm trainers, and ive got a pair of rocawear jeans somewhere, so theyve even influenced me, who was brought up as the right wing red necked country yokel in a town where homophobia and racism is socially acceptable. if there so determined to end racism, then maybe it should be agreed that nigger unless used in an abusive context isnt racism, (or if it is, they should stop using it), otherwise its just the pot calling the kettle bla...... african american.

a word on its own isnt racist, how can it be, its just a word, its when meaning is added that it becomes racist, hence the reason the countries gone mad, blackboard,whiteboard, ba ba blacksheep. hang on i cant say them in schools no more, cos its racist, no its not its discriptive, its called a blackboard, because its a board, that is black in colour, not because the people who say "go write on the blackboard" are racist

in the same way if i said " you dont belong here " its way more racist than if i went "i was down the youth centre today, and there was this black kid there, he constantly potted the black ball in pool all day, and i then went to the paki shop, and bought a back of blue rizla before coming here" one sentence has no racist words, but is racist, the other one has 3 "racist words", but is in non way racist.

Im on 20% warn, dont really want any more... so i aint gonna join in with this convo :)

Lets just say... i have veiws, 80% of this country dont agree with, just the way iv been brought up... :)

im on 50% lmao, apparently posting pics in a NMC topic is spam. haha.

i am in your 20% group i imagine

NWA are possibly the best group ever in the whole world, and I don't even like rap much. So amazingly groundbreaking considering it was mid 80's Straight Outta Compton was released.

Haha nwa are legends

' Like her: but she keep cyring '

'i got a boyfriend'

'BITCH stop lying! '

Been here, done this, got banned lol.

I'm a scouser I'm always joking about stealing things. I've walked into shops in different parts of the country and had people hear me talk then follow me round the shop incase I nick anything. Does this bother me? not in the slightest. Last night I climbed up the front of my JTMs house and got through the window because the tool lost his keys. This isn't making sence. I don't care. Racism will exist for as long as people moan about it. Its not going away deal with it.