Clicking/cracking Knuckles

Ash-Kennard

Well it surely isnt good for you, i'm the living proof:P

I have been clicking my fingers alot and I can't bent them for shit now

I've learned to click my neck aswell and one morning i woke up and couldnt move my neck...

fortunatly it was nothing serieus and it just recovered over time

The thing in the middle of your chest (don't know the name in english..) has started to click aswell, it hurts alot :(

I'm trying to stop, but its addictive or something:P

It seems to depend who you ask, I had a chem teachers in 2nd year who told me that it was good for you but most of my family say it leads to arthritis so i dunno. It is an addictive thing to do though makes you feel cool lol

Ok, I have been to my Doctors about mine as i get sore wrists, clicking IS NOT prooven to give authritis, infact sometimes it makes your joints feel more relieved after being clicked. BUT obviously if it is done continuously it wont be great for your bones but will not give you arthritis.

Unless my Doctor is wrong and telling me bullshit there is no argument here.

Rorz.

We had a huge conversation about this to our Biology teacher and it is as said above just air/gases escaping from the spaces in between your joints. Thus why when the gases build up they start to put pressure on your joints, and after clicking/cracking your joints they often feel better.

Thats what he said anyway

Alexxx

We had a huge conversation about this to our Biology teacher and it is as said above just air/gases escaping from the spaces in between your joints. Thus why when the gases build up they start to put pressure on your joints, and after clicking/cracking your joints they often feel better.

Thats what he said anyway

Alexxx

pretty much it. what i dont understand is, after youve started clicking your joints, you do it more frequently, or they feel like the need doing more frequently. only my hips and elbows hurt when they click, my elbow you can actually watch the bone move out and then pop back when it clicks, that hurts!

I have been informed that clicking is just the nitrogen(or some gas like that) bubbles in the joints, and it doesn't lead to arthritus either.

Thats right, at least according to new scientist! Its apparently the nirtogen thats in solution in your blood turning rapidly into gas form (causing the snapping/popping sound). Its caused by the vacum that you create when you bend your joints in odd directions.

B)

In comparison to what trials does to your body, it's really not that big an issue. I can't do it anyway cause I've broken my knuckles and now they don't click. >_<

Is trials really THAT bad for your body, i mean i know it isn't great with all the harsh jolting, but surly it builds up and strengthens your body?

Its apparently the nirtogen thats in solution in your blood turning rapidly into gas form (causing the snapping/popping sound). Its caused by the vacum that you create when you bend your joints in odd directions.

Synovial (joint) fluid actually :rolleyes:

But my ankles click because of the tendons/ligaments running over the bone, it's a bit different.

Is trials really THAT bad for your body, i mean i know it isn't great with all the harsh jolting, but surly it builds up and strengthens your body?

yeah, but usually as your body strengthens up, you go bigger and put more strain on your body.

I guess we don't know how bad it is for are body, because there's no 70 year olds who rode trials when they were our age.

no doctor but im sure trials will do worse things to your hands

ditto.

Cracking your back in a twisting motion, puts all the spine parts back into place, if you get what i mean?

Like, if you pay down on the floor, and swist your hips as far as you can to the side, and get someone to "force" them, then your back will crack, do it the other way aswell, you feel 10 times better, cause your back is back into place.