Echo V Try All

Sam Moore

Try-all's are lighter and fairly solid (the sidewalls 'ding' quite easily)

The Echo 07's are hard as nails BUT weigh more than your bike.

I'm only talking from experience with stock wheels, but tomatoe, tomatoe (pronounce the previous word differently in each case).

I am running an Echo 07 on my stock and although it weighs as much as me it takes abuse in its stride, I wouldn't trade it.

Don't know where you got 790g from. According to tarty the Try-all is 716g for the 42mm and 701g for the 47mm one. (Yes, it is the right way around, must be different wall thickness's or something). And the echo is 820. So if you wanted the 47mm version it would be a 119g difference, which is a lot really.

BUT

The questions about mods, so with it being 499 for the try-all and 530 for the Echo its only a 31g difference. So not really a big deal. And ass try-alls I've seen have all been made of cheese I'd say the Echo seems a better option.

Then again a DX32 kicks all there ass's for strength to weight ratio, but it's probably a little thin for most people now.

I kill many rims. Ive killed 3 koxx rims

had a koxx mirror rim and killed it in 3 weeks.

Had a silver 07 echo rim tried braking it on purpose couldnt do it. all i did was put a tiny dent in i still have it as a spare rim

have a black 07 echo on now gave it some serios hammering in notts otehr day wouldnt budge. best rim made ide say.

they will be the same on any bike. My mate has a koxx in his bike its wank on his mod

Edited by B.E.A.U

I've been through 5 koxx rims opposed to 3 echo rims the koxx are harder to flat spot easier to dent, then echo's are harder to dent flat spot about the same, but are a better material for brakes

Basically Echo are a bit better

again - stock only and echo only experience - but i run the front echo 2007 rim on on the rear. and it laughs at everything.

also i filed off the rim coating (along with the top metal surface) and it took two files and many hours of work - they are as hard as nails.

from what has been said here its a pretty easy choice, as the try alls would appear to be softer for not that much weight loss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

anyone who HASNT destroyed a try all rim obviously aint ridin hard enough..

echo all the way.. ive had mine ages, ive had 3 try all rims, 2 ronnie rims, 3 monty rims, (we all know theyre bollocks) and none of them even come close to this echo rim..

theyre un-dist-ruct-ab-le!!

sidewalls DO NOT DENT like them poxy try all things!

if not echo, get a onza ronnie or hog, still shite but last longer than try all and hold a grind forever..

anyone who has killed a tryall should look over their smoothness. ;)

I have run tryalls for a while now. Put mine out of true the other day, first time in a few months. They work fine for me, last a year or two depending on how lazy I am with spoke tension.

They also work really well with Coust pads.