Gumball 3000

Revell-Bikes

hey guys,

this years Gumball was ended 1 day early due to a fatal accident happened so organiser maximillion cooper pulled a press release-

Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday's accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

Maximillion Cooper

Founder & CEO

The Gumball 3000 Group

sad news about it- especially we're british, should respect these people....

was bound to get set to join next year's gumball in dad's 911 turbo, but having second thoughts that gumball wont exist anymore to the incident happened and set alerts to many european countries willing to ban gumball rallies going through..........

it was mad in london last weekend at the start grid, 2 veyrons, couple of SLRs, many dozens of ferraris and porsches.....and police.

i had a gumballers access card so wandered around the start grid, lined up with 100 cars parked in marble arch. 2 of my friends who were driving in this years gumball, sent me this fax:-

Pat,

wont make it back to london on the 5th, rumours in hotel about a fatal accident happened earlier, am still in poland, near skjope where it happened. Max decided to end in Bratislavia. car's fine. two guys were arrested by police here, heard some cars got impounded. you'll see in the papers and the web.

see you soon back in london.

Alexander

so what are your opinons about gumball?

as i have friends/family who do gumball, its like the wildest 7 days in your life!

some say its shit cos of the entrance fee (£24-28,000 per car, £18,000 per passenger)

but it covers the flight, cargo, insurance, hotels etc......

Pat

so what are your opinons about gumball?

as i have friends/family who do gumball, its like the wildest 7 days in your life!

some say its shit cos of the entrance fee (£24-28,000 per car, £18,000 per passenger)

but it covers the flight, cargo, insurance, hotels etc......

Pat

Is this the first fatality? Was bound to happen sooner or later.

If I was rich enough I would do it but I can think of other things to spend that much on... (and still have a 'wild' time)

I will say this.

For someone who does Gumball each year, it'll cost them £40,000 EACH... which is for driver and car. £70,000 for a newbie.

This was bound to happen eventually, as people like Alex Roy, drive like Maniacs, and almost kill them selfs and other people doing so!

It's just a shame they took a 60 year old guy with them! :(

You do see a number of the drivers driving totally disrespectfully. They think they're ok because they can afford the fines and bail fees, but you can't buy someones life back if you cause a fatal accident.

I'd love to do the gumball, give it some beans on the open roads where there is enough space to do it safely. I'm a big fan of fast cars and driving fast, though I would only do it responsibly. When you see some of the gumballers undertaking at 100mph+ in urban areas, it's just ridiculous. All that money just warps their perspective of reality i guess.

Let's hope this doesn't end Gumball. One system employed in casual road rallies is to set a minimum arrival time, so that you need to average a reasonable speed for the stages. Obviously there are ways around this, but it just means that racing to be first in is pointless. There are blatant racers in the Gumball every year (that fat German tw@t, Kim Schmitz) and then there are those who take part (note: not 'compete') as it is designed; actually using your multi-thousand quid supercars and gt cars to cruise through beautiful countries, meeting some awesome people, and enjoying the luxuries of the hotels and parties along the way.

From what I've seen, Max Cooper sets out a really good event, and kinda knows what goes on elsewhere, thought there ain't really anyway of controlling it. And because of this, there's always gonna be the bellends that abuse the opportunities presented to them, same as in every walk of life. In my eyes it's not just a 'bunch of rich wankers messin in cars that are too fast for them' (sorry poyser), but a fantastic event just waiting for some idiot to mess it up one day.

Long live Gumball, and may it's true spirit prevail

Smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig

no i think that guy who died does drive like one i remember watching it hearing his name hes like a beast lol.

But R.I.P makes me feel so shit and my belly goes funny

watch you mouth Beau! the guy who died was an OAP, hit by 2 british nobhead gumballers! they fled the scene as soon as an ambulance arrived to continue the event! Sickening, though the guy apparently died in hospital later on. but still, they just jumped in another car and left (figuratively speaking).

Reported story here

Smithy

watch you mouth Beau! the guy who died was an OAP, hit by 2 british nobhead gumballers! they fled the scene as soon as an ambulance arrived to continue the event! Sickening, though the guy apparently died in hospital later on. but still, they just jumped in another car and left (figuratively speaking).

Reported story here

Smithy

alright calm down i edited my post and said sorry. I know someone in the gum ball rally withsame name well not now them personally but i watch it etc.

wasn't a dig at you matey, sorry :( the first bit was just a joke. the rest was me being pi**ed off at the dumbass idiots involved.

the dangers of excessive !!!!!!!!!! use, eh?!

SMITHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ahh ok mate no worries lol

ye to be honest i seen one where there in a porsh and there is a lorry on there side and a oncomeing car on the other side and they just blast through it etc.

stupid

ur all such f**king stiffs

yes sum ones died yes its very sad, but if i enterd the gumball and had a car capable of 200mph and there was a dirty straight long road in front of me id do it

isnt that the point?

god i love the gumball.

and the guy who said he wanted to enter it?

do u have the 10k entry fee?

Beau, i reckons you're thinking of Longman/Lonman or something? Drives a silver 911 with blue and red stripe down the centre? he is a freaking nutbar

My fave so far was Martin Hadland stuffing his Cossie. The footage was from Max's Bentley I think. They were doing a good 100mph or so, and spun the camera to the side to film a Lambo overtaking them. Then Hadland appears, overtaking the both of them, on the gravel, off the side of the road! As he pulls in, just spins it straight across the road in front of both of em, and starts barrel rolling through the desert. Thank feck for WRC rollcages! He's a grade A loon too. Seen him caravan towing at +125mph?

and the guy who said he wanted to enter it?

do u have the 10k entry fee?

Not at the moment, being part way through an engineering degree and everything. Hence the sincere hope it doesn't get canceled, and that they can keep it all under control so they don't give authorities reason to ban it. oh, and it's a wee bit more than £10k

Smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig

i really couldn't care less if i'm honest.

people die all the time, whats so special about this guy? he had a nice car?... great.

as for the gumball, i love cars yes, but you forget you have to spend a week/10 days with 100 or so of the most anal people in the world, and actually pay a small fortune for the privilege.

it's totally overrated.

I think the Gumball does have image of rich twats in fast cars, but it's certainly the few who do that, not the many!

What happened with the Porsche hitting the Golf, killing both people inside, then the Gumballers getting into another team's car and fleeing the scene is awful. There's no way that can not affect the reputation of the event. Couple this with German police coming down on the event like a ton of bricks (Even fining fans who had Gumball stickers on their cars!) and the subsequent banning of Gumball from Turkey makes things look very bad indeed! There's word of sponsors pulling out, drivers boycotting the event, all sorts.

Max Cooper certainly has a keen eye for marketing, and he's made a prestige event which is aspirational, but you can't control what people do once they have your name on the side of their cars unless you start clamping down on the free spirit of the event.

have you actually read any of the reports? or the posts in this thread for that matter?

oh so they actually killed innocent people? no one who was actually in the event died?

that's a shame then i guess.

still don't really give a shit though.

ur all such f**king stiffs

yes sum ones died yes its very sad, but if i enterd the gumball and had a car capable of 200mph and there was a dirty straight long road in front of me id do it

isnt that the point?

I love the gumball and if i was f**king loaded then HELL yea i'd do it! The point is going too fast, and having a blast but its like real life, If i take a corner on my motorbike too fast and get away with it then its f**king good fun! but if i come off and my bike flys across the road and kills someone totally uninvolved with the hole thing its not really funny anymore....

So yea doing 200MPH on a straight MAY be fun, (i find long straight boring to be honest, like woo look at us were doing 145 but on an open straight road thats it, corners are farr more fun!) But as soon as you kill someone else you really have crossed the line. So no i dont think were stiffs i think were people who kinda have more boundarys than people who thinks money can get you out of all your problems

So it actually happened in Poland? God I love this country, it pwns everything and everybody. I'm not that surprised really, every time I return from the UK and drive into Poland, I'm shocked at how bad the roads/drivers are here. And I mean shocked. It's supposed to change in the next few years hopefully. Couldn't care less about a twat having an accident but if he killed other people, he deserves to be dead.

good discussion happening here!

i agree with people who said some 'ballers can be plain stupid.....

over the years i have seen totalled ferraris, lambos etc...most were rented....! still they keep the spirit of gumball going.

they have a strict rule and control over the rally, so good decision by max to stop the rally and cancel the last leg (to london) to avoid further accidents.

there is one record by gumball (comfirmed by guiness records) 2005-6 an koinessengg sped through neveda (america) and got the biggset speeding ticket issued- 242 mph. the driver said he was part of the rally and got let off with a $200 fine.......(i heard about it)

for some of you say they are rich twats- dont you realise some work hard to achieve what they want in their lives? if they want £££££ they go for it and achieve it, some say gumball gives them freedom out of their workplace and let hell loose for 7 days and back to work....

there is one record by gumball (comfirmed by guiness records) 2005-6 an koinessengg sped through neveda (america) and got the biggset speeding ticket issued- 242 mph. the driver said he was part of the rally and got let off with a $200 fine.......(i heard about it)

Yea and he was a willy who thought he could drive round constantly at 240mph recking his car and tyres, supprisingly enough he broke down every hour or less

Yea and he was a willy who thought he could drive round constantly at 240mph recking his car and tyres, supprisingly enough he broke down every hour or less

Is that the psycho with a jet turbo on his car? I think it was a skyline? It had something from a jet anyway. They had to turn off all the electrical shit - Like everything (fans, radio, everything) to make it work haha.

Mega.

Beau, i reckons you're thinking of Longman/Lonman or something? Drives a silver 911 with blue and red stripe down the centre? he is a freaking nutbar

My fave so far was Martin Hadland stuffing his Cossie. The footage was from Max's Bentley I think. They were doing a good 100mph or so, and spun the camera to the side to film a Lambo overtaking them. Then Hadland appears, overtaking the both of them, on the gravel, off the side of the road! As he pulls in, just spins it straight across the road in front of both of em, and starts barrel rolling through the desert. Thank feck for WRC rollcages! He's a grade A loon too. Seen him caravan towing at +125mph?

Not at the moment, being part way through an engineering degree and everything. Hence the sincere hope it doesn't get canceled, and that they can keep it all under control so they don't give authorities reason to ban it. oh, and it's a wee bit more than £10k

Smithy

i didnt mean u i ment that revel bikes guy.

So it actually happened in Poland? God I love this country, it pwns everything and everybody. I'm not that surprised really, every time I return from the UK and drive into Poland, I'm shocked at how bad the roads/drivers are here. And I mean shocked. It's supposed to change in the next few years hopefully. Couldn't care less about a twat having an accident but if he killed other people, he deserves to be dead.

You think Poland is bad? :lol: You should see the Ukraine. :P