On/off Sidehops?

Davetrials

Don't think Damon is the "originator" of anything to be honest...

He originally posted "the god of sidehops has posted" and i posted "i dont see Damon's post anywhere". Reason being from what Damon has shown me over msn. He is the only one to have done 58" (Will be in next vid).

Danny.

He originally posted "the god of sidehops has posted" and i posted "i dont see Damon's post anywhere". Reason being from what Damon has shown me over msn. He is the only one to have done 58" (Will be in next vid).

Danny.

Doesn't mean he was the originator of big sidehops does it?!

Does it really matter? why are people geting worried about it.And just because ive said this it dosent mean im one of the people who hops straight off all the time.

nice side hop deaon

all this bitchieness!

makes me think if this forum is full of girls!

Doesnt't count, you wouldn't do it in a competition would you? So why bother doing it. I know the people that only ride street are going to bitch about that. Its like tapping a wall them jumping straight back off, you wouldn't count that woud you plus it does look quite crap.

Cheers,

Stefan.

don't really care personally, but in a comp if you on/off then its not so bad you just get to try it again without having made a dab:)

oh yeah god of sides: cesar canas

Do it properly or, in theory, you've 'fived'. If you're all about numbers to stick on your MSN signature, fine, but I've never been happy until I conquer the obstacle and ride away clean. Which is why I never really used my bashguard.

well said an if you on/off its just your chance to try again without having put your foot down

Sidehop = jumping your bike sidewyas up an obstacle from a standing position (backwheel or both)

surley the purpose of sidehopping is to continue up the object or over it rather than jump back off and be in the same place you started, just with more arm pump lol

going huge is kool if its useful...........

wankbag

Sidehop = jumping your bike sidewyas up an obstacle from a standing position (backwheel or both)

surley the purpose of sidehopping is to continue up the object or over it rather than jump back off and be in the same place you started, just with more arm pump lol

going huge is kool if its useful...........

wankbag

Exactly. I can't really see Hermance claiming a World round win by saying 'But I got two wheels on before I jumped off!'.

hasnt ne1 seen leaps an bounds where vincents in a comp, he hooks on a rock but knows he cant make it properly so hops back off so he can try again (although come to think of it, it may have been 1 of the cousts)which is my point that its better to on/off if its your chance 2 have a 2nd go at it instead of 5ing, although i agree that its not made if you cant hold it, just thinking from another perspective

WE DON'T GIVE A f**k ABOUT COMPS AND COMP RULES.

Good for you.

I was using that as a way of trying to illustrate my point. This is biketrials isn't it? The street side did evolve from the competitive rule-bound sport didn't it?

Just seems funny to me to not do a 'move' properly but claim you did. If you didn't 'keep' a sidehop or tap or whatever, then surely your weight is in the wrong place and hence you didn't perform the technique correctly. Just my opinion of course, so anger isn't really called for...

This is directly mainly to the people that are saying 'yes' to on/off debate...

When you on/off a 50" sidehop do you feel that you have achieved as much as when you keep it on top and ride away?

I have never done 50" but the highest i have done is 46/47" and that was pushing myslef as far as i could go. I was tucked so much that my legs hurt for a few days after and my backwheel was on the wall by about 1-2 pieces of tred and i held it for 2 seconds maximum and had to hop off. I was so so so happy with myself that i had managed to make the height of 47 inches and managed to hold it for just that few seconds in such a awkward and uncomftable position.

Danny.

I have never done 50" but the highest i have done is 46/47" and that was pushing myslef as far as i could go. I was tucked so much that my legs hurt for a few days after and my backwheel was on the wall by about 1-2 pieces of tred and i held it for 2 seconds maximum and had to hop off. I was so so so happy with myself that i had managed to make the height of 47 inches and managed to hold it for just that few seconds in such a awkward and uncomftable position.

Danny.

and congrats on pushing urself that far danny, BUT, when you keep that height it will be even better. HOlding it for 2 seconds is fair enough, but you might as well have just stood up in that time.

TWO Seconds is a long time to hold a bike in a tuck position. NO-one is saying its not impressive you can get that height, just that if you hold it and ride away it will be even better.

:D

doesnt count if you ask me.its kinda like driving to your destination,then reversing back home...

looks pants aswell.and the tuck thing is kinda overused in the 'pushing yourself' sense of it all.i cant sidehop that high,not bothered really,but i get higher without the stupid tuck.

just my opinion,so dont go raping me because you think differently.

Carl

i prefer to just bail if im coming off a sidehop :)

damon is not the only one to have done 58". a few years ago, benito held the record for 60" but im not going to get into the tf tape measure thang. On/off sidehops do look cool imo but to me it doesn't "count" because you haven't got to the top and stayed there.

interesting debate this. It seems to be divided between those who measure the inches and those who ride for fun. In all honesty I can see both sides of the argument.

i prefer to just bail if im coming off a sidehop :)

damon is not the only one to have done 58". a few years ago, benito held the record for 60" but im not going to get into the tf tape measure thang. On/off sidehops do look cool imo but to me it doesn't "count" because you haven't got to the top and stayed there.

interesting debate this. It seems to be divided between those who measure the inches and those who ride for fun. In all honesty I can see both sides of the argument.

thats different

benito did it over a rail