Are You Offended By Words?(name Calling)

Davetrials

Are you offended by words?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. can anybody say anything to you that actually offends you

• yes
    • no
    • speedos

you can call me all the names under the sun and I'm not bothered, what p*ss's me off is when people take the p*ss out of something iv done like when my mates tuck the p*ss because i looked after a girl that is my friend (who may i add was scared sh*tless and on her own) at a party when a load of lads came down and started fighting with every one in sight (me included) they said i should of done one and just left her. don't know about you lot but i think thats kinda unfriendly like.

p.s sorry about the long S-A but had to get it off mt chest.

Edited by paul@rettotrials

you can call me all the names under the sun and I'm not bothered, what p*ss's me off is when people take the p*ss out of something iv done like when my mates tuck the p*ss because i looked after a girl that is my friend (who may i add was scared sh*tless and on her own) at a party when a load of lads came down and started fighting with every one in sight (me included) they said i should of done one and just left her. don't know about you lot but i think thats kinda unfriendly like.

p.s sorry about the long S-A but had to get it off mt chest.

they only took the piss because you didn't take advantage :rolleyes:

na they dont bother me. dont really give a toss of what others think of me, im happy :)

i am only offended when people say things to family or my girlfriend, other than that its all kool

EDIT

but i agree with bongo. if some one i didnt like said it its just an exscure to get angry at them :)

Edited by Radfax

I dont get offended by name calling, I've had it all my life for one reason or another, name calling DOES show a lack of intelligence in my opinion, if the best thing you can think of to get at someone is to call them a rude or derogatory name then that's pretty dumb. I'd be more offended by someone making an observation about me, that might touch a nerve, but name calling? I just find it funny!

Swearing, that's different, I dont think swearing shows a lack of intelligence if the words are used appropriately, I think it's neccesary in language, adds a bit of garnish to an otherwise bland conversation, it accents, it punctuates, it gives rhythm, swearing can be big and it can be clever!

Davey

I think its a kids thing. It also depends on your own self esteam, People with low self esteam will get hurt by it, going through school is when it will happen. I can honestly say when i went throgh school i got alot of it. It's not nice. Thats why i hated school and now im at college its all good because its so much more laid back.