Chris Akrigg, Brakeless Part 1

John Shrewsbury

MAD moves, bit of a noob for not wearing a helmet though, doesn't take that much effort to put something on your head does it?

EDIT: Just uploaded it for peeps to TrialsTube, have to say, most impressed with upload speed, speed of encoding and the quality of encoding, nice one chaps!

Edited by Jonny Jones

That video would've been infinitely better if it wasn't 5 minutes of filler, then each trick being played back from 3 different angles, then with the additional slow-mo clip. It just got well old and pretty repetitive. The gap up to the window ledge was pretty cool, but again, f**king long build-up. The rest of it was OK, but kinda mediocre?

What's with this iTunes crap? Point blank refuse to put it on my computer just to watch a vid online... I watched the last one without doing that (didn't I?...) Someone stick it on Youtube please!!

Like i said in my post with the link. Hotwheels upload his videos, but have messed about with the site and havent got the videos working atm, but will be fixed in gd time.

Only itunes atm guys soz.

Yet another reason to make the edits shorter and snappier, not a 10 minute long 62Mb vid.

I guess I'm just disappointed with it in general, really. In TrialNoir, Chris was doing really awesome stuff that was really pushing trials in a new direction. When I heard/saw he'd gone brakeless with that Dirt cover, it seemed like that was continuing. Then this video... There was nothing in there particularly ground-breaking (apart from the ledge ride I guess). There was nothing that I thought was particularly amazing 'cos he was brakeless, like why did we need to see him do a disaster (The first trick I learnt on ramp) 3 times?

Yet another reason to make the edits shorter and snappier, not a 10 minute long 62Mb vid.

I guess I'm just disappointed with it in general, really. In TrialNoir, Chris was doing really awesome stuff that was really pushing trials in a new direction. When I heard/saw he'd gone brakeless with that Dirt cover, it seemed like that was continuing. Then this video... There was nothing in there particularly ground-breaking (apart from the ledge ride I guess). There was nothing that I thought was particularly amazing 'cos he was brakeless, like why did we need to see him do a disaster (The first trick I learnt on ramp) 3 times?

Yeah I know what you mean. To be honest, I'm not convinced with the brakeless thing. Don't get me wrong, it's good to see something new and different, but is it really trials? Very BMXey and in the end pretty darn cool but at the same time being brakeless must restrict things so much surely? There was a lot of filler too.

Ah well, still some impressive and innovative riding.

Dave

P.S. I thought he was running 29" wheels when I first saw it- looks really strange to me for some reason!

I think the issue with that vid was that he wasn't really doing anything that was particularly special because he was brakeless? He was landing with no speed on the ledge ride, so having pedal pressure to stop him rolling backwards and leaning on the wall would be all you'd need. If it was natural stuff from that Dirt photoshoot then yeah, sweet, but as it was, just doing unclicked tables and 180 table is kinda "bleh".

feck

can't see it (N)>_< >_< >_<

Hopefully you've seen John's edited first post (Y)

I totally understand people's hate for Apple stuff. Don't get me wrong I like my G5 tower and the simplicity of Final Cut (and the fact its used a lot in the industry), but I don't totally bum Apple like some of the tards that queue for days to get a new iPod or whatever. iTunes works for some, doesn't for others, its just the way it is I guess.

And yeah, I was disappointed with this video for all the reasons that have been stated already lol.

Edited by Jonny Jones

there is only so much of a ramp being built one person can watch ....

obviously wallride up to ledge was pretty impressive and the brakeless drop for me was the nuttiest thing in there (only real brakeless trials move in ?)... all the rest i thought was good but not really new (or trials), but still pretty impressive.

hop over table was huge.

Same as everyone else.

Was thinking I was going to see some crazy brakeless trials. All I got was things I would see down newport sk8park. Until the end, that was good. It was painfull at the start, half of the vid was documenting a desolate warehouse.

I think the person in question needs to make the next vid more straight to the point instead of faffing around and getting all arty farty.

IF you think being brakeless limits you, check out the majority of new BMX videos ;)

I know that for "Real" trials it may limit you a bit, but from the looks of his setup, Chris isn't going to be trying to out-psych Vincent Hermance at the start of the next UCI Worlds round...

From what chris has told me. This is only PART 1 of what chris has been trying.

PART 2 will be more street and riding on natural stuff.

As its a monthly podcast, you will have to wait a month till the next.

Its sumthing diffrent guys, and everyone wud be doing the same if they had ideas.

From what chris has told me. This is only PART 1 of what chris has been trying.

PART 2 will be more street and riding on natural stuff.

As its a monthly podcast, you will have to wait a month till the next.

Its sumthing diffrent guys, and everyone wud be doing the same if they had ideas.

I stand by what PEAT says ( im sure chris knows peat realy well!)

Its harder to do what hes doing with brakes on his bike. FACT

Why not mix it up?

not toucing the levers is harder than not having them there.