Echo Urban 24" With Rear Disc

Stan Shaw

Just thought I'd post some pics of my 24" with a rear disc as there aren't many about. It was double disc for a few weeks, but I'm now riding it without a front brake. I must say though, a rear disc is much more nicer for streety type stuff than the rear HS33 I had.

Thanks to Mark/Ads for the photos.

If people want a spec I will post one, oh and the weight is 9.66 kilos.

stanecho1.jpg

stanecho2.jpg

stanecho3.jpg

stanecho4.jpg

stanecho5.jpg

Great ride. Few questions though - are you happy with that back brake? You have expensive H hub, king headset and a louise? How do you keep that tensioner in the hub? It is a piece of spoke, right?

The rear brake works extremely well. Its good enough for trials too. The headset is an Echo SL not a king and the wheels came complete off a shop bike we dismantled so i was lucky to get the posh rear hub etc.

The tensioner is a spoke looped around the axle.

The rear brake works extremely well. Its good enough for trials too. The headset is an Echo SL not a king and the wheels came complete off a shop bike we dismantled so i was lucky to get the posh rear hub etc.

The tensioner is a spoke looped around the axle.

You are a lucky man! (Y) Make a video!

On mine, it's just the nipple tightened up on the spoke, then that sticking through the mech hanger bolt. Bend it 90, then coil it round the axle then bend a piece out so it's pressing down on the chain. Easy peasy (well, sorta - Adam's finger doesn't agree). Keeps really good tension too, whilst still being quiet. Did some 180 drops 'n' stuff yesterday and it didn't pop out of place but still kept nice tension on it.

And yeah, it's the Onza PZ31 85mm x 20° stem. Same that I've got on mine, and same we spec on most of our 24" bikes. It's a really nice stem for BMXy sorta stuff, but it's still manageable for trials.

Revolver, I'm pretty sure it was you - if you ordered some pads 'n' clamps, they're on their way.

I remember that ;) But yeah, glad it was you 'cos I put 'Tobias Revolver Sample' as contact... You need to check out the precision packing of your pads too.

I'll try and grab some pics of my tensioner later on today once I've sorted out these products photos.