Stan's New Bike + Video!

Mark W

That stuff worries me... we snapped a wing spar from a UAV model last week running that type of tube and it didn't seem like it was 'proper'... it's not laminated carbon weave is it? The spar cracked like it was made of brittle plastic rather than proper CF composite.

Hmm. Should be 100% carbon, looks like it's been rolled around a mandrel (you can see the layers) then pressure tape wrapped...

You not like?

It's not that I don't like it, I just don't have much faith in it that's all :rolleyes:

It also looks far too neat for what is essentially a bodge job, I think it needs some random nuts and bolts in it and possible some random green paint.

• Like 1

Regarding strength, I guess we'll soon find out, but you never know if things like this work unless you try it. If it doesn't work then fair enough. Besides, plenty of frames have carbon top tubes.

looks really sweet.how is the aztec disc and magura 2011?

Awesome :) Easily the best disc I've ever had.

Regarding strength, I guess we'll soon find out, but you never know if things like this work unless you try it. If it doesn't work then fair enough. Besides, plenty of frames have carbon top tubes.

So if the frame snaps, who gives a fu**? Is that what you're saying? Wish I could have such an attitude towards such expensive bike parts. :unsure:

• Like 1

I love this, i cannot wait to see it ? get my phat arse over it on Monday.

The frame will snap because:

1) its not made from metal mined from the Amazon region.

2) ' We ' cant have it so its clearly not that good.

:)

Ali cummon, i thought you would like this, we supported you through v - brakes ! :P

So if the frame snaps, who gives a fu**? Is that what you're saying? Wish I could have such an attitude towards such expensive bike parts. :unsure:

Not really, Adam and I have modified loads of stuff in the past. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't, but as I said you'll never find out unless you try. Its also just interesting to see if it works.

If the tube or glue doesn't hold up then it'd pretty straight forward to remove and try again.