Does Anyone Else Get Asked Stupid Questions By Poepl While Riding ?

jacksnell95

As I haven't rode a "proper" trials bike in years, I don't get many, but on my MTB I did get a funny / annoying one a month or so back.

A woman and man were crossing in front of me, I could see their kids would probably do the same after so I slowed down in anticipation of it. As predicted, the kids ran in front at the last minute but I was easily able to stop (Was probably doing less than 10). So, I virtually ground to a halt as they crossed, thinking nothing more of it.

Then the guy comes up to me and shouts: "THERE'S A ROAD THERE!", pointing to the road. I simply replied with "Yes, there is, but this is a cycle lane?" in a genuine confused tone, not trying to provoke anything to which he replies: "YOU WANT A f**kIN SMACK?". Er, no I don't really mate, I just want to carry on along the seafront as I was... And also I'm not sure your 5 year old kids would want to see you smacking an innocent cyclist for no reason.

I didn't make a fuss about slowing down or anything so I really don't know where the aggression came from.

That guy sounds like a complete knob, what happened after that?

A lot of people are the same here, so i just keep my mouth shut and pretend i didnt hear anything. Only answer back if the person genuinely seems interested rather than just wanting to take the piss, which is quite rare here. :ermm:

My worst one was 'Oi mate, where's your f**king clothes?'

Awwwkwwaarrddddddd...

i had 1 like that haha.

some bloke from up counrty was like "put a f**king tshirt on and sort yourself out"

my latest one though was a group of guys with guitars saying "your missing a seat" and my response was "yeah it got nicked but if your really observant you'l notice his bike doesnt have a seat either" :giggle:

There was a time some random 8 year old asked why I didn't have a seat and just replied saying 'yes I do'. He looked confused and walked back to his parents pondering what he had just heard.

Although my favorite thing someone has said during a ride was a priest trying to move us on, who just said 'that's it' opened his boot and pulled out an 'FBI' badge...

• Like 5

I always the the "were is your seat" and "how do you sit down" stuff but some of the good'uns is "put WD40 on your wheels/brakes" :S Ohhhh yeh then how do I stop. I had some benifit claiming nob tell me todo a tailwhip I just did a footjam whip and he said "no one in the air" :l ahah and another good one that could have got me arrested was, me and a friend were on a late ride so like 2am on a saturday riding a pretty high wall I dont get todo in the day. A riot van comes along and over the footpath and a coppa hops out saying "move it on lads" I reply with "how come were not in the wrong" "He then says well the people of Daventry are getting sick of your type smashing the ferniture around town up" Just to put it out there it was some wall not a bench or anything fancy and I'm the only trials fag in my town so there no "your type" crap also I havnt chipped or bashed a wall in years :S anyways he continues and says " theres a skate park behind the poilice station" I replyed " yeh its pitch black there and not built for my type of bike, Dont you have real crime to fight insted of bothering someone having fun. Its a weekend night and im sure someones getting raped or beaten up down one of those alley ways" he wasnt happy so I just moved on and left it at that. :P

• Like 1

That guy sounds like a complete knob, what happened after that?

A lot of people are the same here, so i just keep my mouth shut and pretend i didnt hear anything. Only answer back if the person genuinely seems interested rather than just wanting to take the piss, which is quite rare here. :ermm:

I just rode away, looking behind me giving him a kind of "wtf, you lost a screw?" look. Not worth starting trouble over something like that really...

Me and Kyle had a weird one the other day, this big black bloke stood and watched us for about 45mins while we were at victoria square. He then finally got up the courage to come over and point at my shoes... he didnt say anything at all but just pointed at my shoes until i told him what they were and then he wandered off again :S

• Like 1

There was a time some random 8 year old asked why I didn't have a seat and just replied saying 'yes I do'. He looked confused and walked back to his parents pondering what he had just heard.

Although my favorite thing someone has said during a ride was a priest trying to move us on, who just said 'that's it' opened his boot and pulled out an 'FBI' badge...

Reading? Aha

ha today me and my friends were riding near like a river kind of thing called the broads and this guy said to us if we keep riding on the walls and stuff he's going to take pictures of us a send them to the council but the funny thing is he looks like a peado so my reply was "dont you think taking pictures of teenagers is a bit peadoish " and he just walked off i was like yes win! :L

ha today me and my friends were riding near like a river kind of thing called the broads and this guy said to us if we keep riding on the walls and stuff he's going to take pictures of us a send them to the council but the funny thing is he looks like a peado so my reply was "dont you think taking pictures of teenagers is a bit peadoish " and he just walked off i was like yes win! :L

He's now living under your bed ready to pounce when you go to sleep tonight. Enjoy the touching ;)

Here in NZ people are normally too shy to actually talk to you but one time mate and i had a downs syndrome kid come up to us and ask if our bikes were "Automatic or Manual". First time we were like WTF? but then he continued asking us time and time again so we gave him alternating answers... Good Times!

Here in NZ people are normally too shy to actually talk to you but one time mate and i had a downs syndrome kid come up to us and ask if our bikes were "Automatic or Manual". First time we were like WTF? but then he continued asking us time and time again so we gave him alternating answers... Good Times!

Should have said 'neither' (assuming it's single speed) see what he thought of that!

I did once ask a skipper if his boat had a diff-lock :lol: (just out of sillyness, I know what the answer is).

I ride an Ashton Justice so always getting comments like "ooohh that seat looks painfull" and "how you supposed to sit on that all the way down there?" or "haha where's the rest of the circus act?"

• 9 months later...

I'm sick oh hearing "haha you've got no seat" yeah jog on moron you're the first person ever to say that. I think when you are 30 and an old bid starts calling you a vandal youre allowed to state that you are adult that is doing no harm and keeping fit... And I pay my council tax so I'll hop on as many Walls as I like!

Edit : britains got talent just proved my point!

I'm too shit to hop on walls yet, but I couldn't agree more with this :P

Seriously though, although I tend not to see too many poepl, I was meeting my mate in the scruffy, well scruffier part of Rishton, and this little pikey was like 'Oh mate, I'm sure that's my bike, what the f**k are you doing with my bike? Get the f**k off my bike you dick!' - which is quite an elaborate approach compared to 'Give me your f**king bike mate' - and I got off my bike to put it down in case he started getting violent and his face just went:

15.jpg

'WHERE'S THE f**kING SEAT?!'

He then must've decided he didn't want a bike with no seat, and resorted to picking on a little kid who walked past with some pic'n'mix.

This is the best reply in this thread. haha I f**king love you man.

• Like 1

Favourite one Ive had is "Haha, look at him, cant afford a bloody seat the poor b*****d!" *As the guy rides past on a 20" Apollo kids bike with bmx bars and no seat himself*

(Actually seen this guy again a few days ago while I was in the car. Lives in a council estate on the Dole)

Think some people would be quite shocked to find out how much our bikes cost.

people usually say to me

"cheapskate can't even afford a bike with a f***ing seat" i just reply with theyre actually expensive bikes but the funny thing is aswell they usually ride past with like a shitty bike from tescos or something :P