Does Anyone Else Get Asked Stupid Questions By Poepl While Riding ?

jacksnell95

"where is you seat" reply is "there isn't one"

"why is there no seat" reply is "so i don't hit my testicles."

"do you do tricks" reply is " NO , I ride round in circles?"

and a old lady came up to me and said " is there a reason for him to be up there" and I said No , we do it for fun and she looked at me like i was mad and went off and told her friends :/ i think we should ride for charity.

and then when i sidehopped a rock , slipped and smashed my shoulder on a fence and someone drove past shouting "fail" the reply to this was "ouch" followed by "dichead!"

"where is you seat" reply is "there isn't one"

"why is there no seat" reply is "so i don't hit my testicles."

"do you do tricks" reply is " NO , I ride round in circles?"

and a old lady came up to me and said " is there a reason for him to be up there" and I said No , we do it for fun and she looked at me like i was mad and went off and told her friends :/ i think we should ride for charity.

and then when i sidehopped a rock , slipped and smashed my shoulder on a fence and someone drove past shouting "fail" the reply to this was "ouch" followed by "dichead!"

What do u mean, u never leave ur back garden, and i stuck up for u bitch :P

They didnt drove past, it was a chav walking past :L

What do u mean, u never leave ur back garden, and i stuck up for u bitch :P

They didnt drove past, it was a chav walking past :L

FRONT GARDEN actually :)

I know you stuck up for me it was kind :P and i was bent over on the floor so i didn't see anyhow :P x

I get "where is his seat?" and strange looks a lot. People who stare and wonder "wtf" at my lack of seat or maybe at the fact I'm a 6ft tall man on a small (mod) bike. I ride the only mod trial bike in this town and i've only ever seen 1 mtb'r with a stock going about.

Actually, on Monday I had a good one....Rode past a primary school where they were having 'bike lessons' and got laughed at by a load of girls. Then I heard the so called 'expert' instructor saying to the girls that it was both stupid and dangerous to ride a bike without a seat...Trail bike....Moron :rolleyes:

Edited by Deagon
  • Like 1

I don't get asked any silly questions, because the questions are only silly if you believe these people know the answer already - which they don't. So just do your bit for the sport and answer them - generally easier than being a dick (Y)

• Like 2

Seriously though, although I tend not to see too many poepl, I was meeting my mate in the scruffy, well scruffier part of Rishton, and this little pikey was like 'Oh mate, I'm sure that's my bike, what the f**k are you doing with my bike? Get the f**k off my bike you dick!' - which is quite an elaborate approach compared to 'Give me your f**king bike mate' - and I got off my bike to put it down in case he started getting violent and his face just went:

15.jpg

'WHERE'S THE f**kING SEAT?!'

He then must've decided he didn't want a bike with no seat, and resorted to picking on a little kid who walked past with some pic'n'mix.

• Like 3

thanks to joe oakley ive now been asked "is that a mini trials bike" i was like i hate life :L but this like 50-60 year old man was talking to me and my mates for a while about trials and he knew like mod and stock and some moto trials i was like wow :L

trials bike....Moron

:P

I luckily don't get asked many questions, just get a lot of people talking behind my back thinking I can't hear them.. Elderly women usually are pretty disgusted if I ride around on benches (whereas the little children are totally ok, also if the make the bench dirtier than me..) and elderly men seem genuinely interested and fascinated. :)

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

:P

I luckily don't get asked many questions, just get a lot of people talking behind my back thinking I can't hear them.. Elderly women usually are pretty disgusted if I ride around on benches (whereas the little children are totally ok, also if the make the bench dirtier than me..) and elderly men seem genuinely interested and fascinated. :)

Yeah same. I don't tend to speak back to people, Thats just what i was thinking. I never actually said that, i just pretend i never heard anything and keep silent. :blink:

It must be an elderly man thing, had some old dude speaking with me for ages outside sainsbury's whilst i waited for my mate to come out. He seemed fairly knowledgeable. I thought it was kinda cool (Y)

As I haven't rode a "proper" trials bike in years, I don't get many, but on my MTB I did get a funny / annoying one a month or so back.

A woman and man were crossing in front of me, I could see their kids would probably do the same after so I slowed down in anticipation of it. As predicted, the kids ran in front at the last minute but I was easily able to stop (Was probably doing less than 10). So, I virtually ground to a halt as they crossed, thinking nothing more of it.

Then the guy comes up to me and shouts: "THERE'S A ROAD THERE!", pointing to the road. I simply replied with "Yes, there is, but this is a cycle lane?" in a genuine confused tone, not trying to provoke anything to which he replies: "YOU WANT A f**kIN SMACK?". Er, no I don't really mate, I just want to carry on along the seafront as I was... And also I'm not sure your 5 year old kids would want to see you smacking an innocent cyclist for no reason.

I didn't make a fuss about slowing down or anything so I really don't know where the aggression came from.