Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

25 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

Anyone know of a good 256gb SSD deal at the moment?

I've seen a few around £60, but I don't know what's good - I'd rather not buy some junk that fails after 3 months just to save a tenner.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B00P736UEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447838672&sr=8-1&keywords=ssd+250

Bought a seat setup. It was cheap so I'm not expecting much and may have to do some modding to suit it to my liking but it will do! Not my photo as it hasn't turned up yet.

Also, really tempted to build a little itx build just for my normal computer use and use my curent rig for games only.

bmakqZN.thumb.jpg.fe3a7984a3e9f2364a316c

• Like 1

EVGA 980 Superclocked incoming! So fed up with the micro stutter of my pair of 660s. Didn't make sense to upgrade to a single 970 since performance is similar and couldn't afford two 970s, didn't want sli again either. So only option was a 980 :D

Would have gotten the KFA version with higher clock speed for same price but it physcally doesn't fit in my case.

I'm still reasonably happy with my 660, fallout4 is the only game I've played so far that has slowed it down below 60fps maxed out; plays very smoothly on high quality 1080p so I'm happy with that and the visual differences between high and ultra settings are minimal :)

Not sure how much the 4.5ghz cpu is shoring it up but it certainly pulls it's weight for a 65 quid gpu!

Tempting but no :P

Not enough room in my non-case with the thermalright passive cooler and balls if I'm going back to the stock coolers.  Don't think my motherboard does tri anyways, besides which I reckon by the time I need to upgrade 980s will be dirt cheap :D

2 minutes ago, weirdoku said:

Should have just gotten a G27, unless you're on a PS4/Xbone.

EDIT: You mean gear stick by the way.

thing is it is pretty hard to find G27 new, and the G29 was brand new £205, and that is cheaper than most G27

nope, I meant gearbox. it is a bit oily and smelly... maybe that is the reason why it is not compatible with my PC?

Unlucky you. I got mine brand new from Amazon for £180 delivered. Since the G29 came out places must have jacked up the prices. I just had a look and they are all ridiculously higher than they should be! Mind you Pcworld were selling the G29 for £179.99 black friday. Was that £205 including the stick?

2 minutes ago, weirdoku said:

Unlucky you. I got mine brand new from Amazon for £180 delivered. Since the G29 came out places must have jacked up the prices. I just had a look and they are all ridiculously higher than they should be! Mind you Pcworld were selling the G29 for £179.99 black friday. Was that £205 including the stick?

yeah, basically as the G27 is old and they do not make it, they become rare and the prices are stupidly high, take a look on Amazon

yeah, I bought it from there. £180 for the wheel and pedals, +£25 for the stick

EDIT: and considering I bought my previous Logitech steering wheel 7 years ago, if it last half as much it is still a good deal

Edited by HippY

1 minute ago, weirdoku said:

Clearly the G27 was the better deal lol. I got mine back in May. It seems Logitech has removed it entirely from their online store too. It was available to buy there when I was looking for mine. Sucks cos if my G27 breaks I'd want another G27.

well maybe for you, I had no moneys in May

I am not gonna complain, G25 was my dream for 7 years, with the clutch and stuff, and now finally I have the full set, and couldnt be happier

My flatmate also have a PS4 so if he gets a game there we can play too which is nice