Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

Same! I'm hoping for a steam sale on the earlier fallout games though, as I've never played any.

Fallout 3 was the first in the series that I've played,  it was stunning at the time and I dare say still holds its own amongst modern games. The brand of fallout comedy is awesome as well :)

As much as I shouldn't I might just have to check the bank, besides which I have able 100 quid in expenses coming back this month :D

I was always of the opinion that I prefer to have the physical media for games but come the advent of dozens of gigs of installation files and decent speed Internet connections I'm liking steam more and more.

I recently bought GTAV on dvd instead of steam, never again lol. I've reinstalled my OS twice since and installing 8 DVDs is quite boring. :lol:

Fallout is a steam code on CDKeys, man i can agree with you there done the same took me about 3 days to download GTAV :P Never again!!                   

Edited by bike_dummie

Fallout is a steam code on CDKeys, man i can agree with you there done the same took me about 3 days to download GTAV :P Never again!!                   

The thing is though that my steamapps directory is backed up, so when I move computer or whatever I just move it across and reinitialise each game, and it's much faster. Now I have to do that, and install 8 DVDs worth of GTAV as well. :lol:

How the sim rig sits now, although I carpeted the base today. I was going to wait until it's painted and whatnot but the weather is stopping me getting that done. 

Screen's too small, and too lonely, but it's awesome to run iRacing in. Obviously I'll sort all the cable management and stuff when it's finished. 

image.thumb.jpeg.88bb61d0986a13a603d2a07

• Like 3

Meh got a 75mbit connection I can spam at work if need be :)

Not sure the use of company bandwidth for torrents would be sensible though, that said I did install steam simply in order to download and install arma3 on my work machine to benchmark it on a 4770k :D

Edited by forteh

On 11/7/2015, 10:40:24, JD™ said:

How the sim rig sits now, although I carpeted the base today. I was going to wait until it's painted and whatnot but the weather is stopping me getting that done. 

Screen's too small, and too lonely, but it's awesome to run iRacing in. Obviously I'll sort all the cable management and stuff when it's finished. 

Looks pretty simple actually. I have no room for one at the moment though siiiigh.

Also, finally got fed up of my mouse (Roccat Kova+). The scroll wheel and click has been playing up for ages but I've just put up with it. It well and truly died yesterday, so I just got a Logitech G303. Pretty sweet so far.

Yup, fallout4 is pretty badass :)

Wasn't expecting to be facing a deathclaw by level 3 though :o

My gtx660 runs a fairly consistent 40-60 fps with high settings on 1080p which is more than acceptable!  Might have to drop some details as I get to more populated locations but we'll see.

I've not looked into setting up a tablet for the pipboy, it's a bit gimmicky imho as I would rather have the pipboy on the 27" monitor infront of me instead of the 4-7" phone/tablet screen that I need to have to hands free to use hence releasing keyboard and mouse.  Cool idea though :)

Right now my PC shows it is using 99% of it's memory in task manager. All 16gb!!!

However, non of the processes show anything using over 150mb, and most the processes are using tiny amounts of memory.

Obviously it slows my computer down to unusable speeds. A reset will fix it. But I need to find the cause. Any ideas?

EDIT: After a restart, task manager is showing it's using 25% memory with the shows processes totaling 1.5gb out of 16gb.

15 hours ago, forteh said:

Yup, fallout4 is pretty badass :)

Wasn't expecting to be facing a deathclaw by level 3 though :o

My gtx660 runs a fairly consistent 40-60 fps with high settings on 1080p which is more than acceptable!  Might have to drop some details as I get to more populated locations but we'll see.

Nice so my pair of 660s should run it perfectly fine :D

7 hours ago, JT! said:

I saw a friend of mine had his inventory on his tablet for Fallout 4. Anyone else done this?

You can get an app on your phone/tablet that connects to the games on pc/xbox/ps4. I haven't tried it yet cos I don't have the game yet.