The Angry Thread.

Blake

9 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Voicing your concerns about how you may be affected by a vote is fine. I was referring to the hate being fired at people who have a different opinion being immature. There will always be people who have a different opinions, but you don't have to be hateful towards them, saying they "can go f**k themselves".

being mad at opinions is one thing... but occasionally when people try to come up with reasons for their opinions (that goes a little further than "i felt it was the right thing") and they speak the most inane idiocy you can imagine, like citing infowars as a credible news source, what's left then except to curse the world and it's stupidity??

Edited by jeff costello

Can you post up some occasions of legitimate racism from Trump? I have seen a few of his apparent racism and personally, I thought it was a bit ridiculous to call it racism. Maybe the wrong thing to say (again, probably due to a lack of thinking before speaking), but not enough to label him as a racist.

13 minutes ago, jeff costello said:

being mad at opinions is one thing... but occasionally when people try to come up with reasons for their opinions (that goes a little further than "i felt it was the right thing") and they speak the most inane idiocy you can imagine, like citing infowars as a credible news source, what's left then except to curse the world and it's stupidity??

But you will always get people like that, whichever side they are on. There was a lot of people saying that they will vote for Hillary because she is a women.

Hillary is an evil war mongering fanny. Trump just pandered and fooled all the idiots in middle America who are complete trash... The kinds of Americans everyone overseas makes fun of, and rightly so - they are borderline retarded.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

I'll just leave a few pictures here..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Gender is not a valid reason to vote for a president.

theoretically not, but there is equally no valid reason to only have presidents from one gender.

i'd not vote for someone because of gender-only, but in the situation we are in, being female should get an actual bonus point.

Edited by jeff costello

57 minutes ago, jeff costello said:

being female should get an actual bonus point.

No it shouldn't. Gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religion should play no part in a role such as this. It should be all about who people believe will do the job best. Donald Trump didn't win because he is a male, Hillary Clinton didn't lose because she is female and Obama didn't win years ago for the sake of being the first black president. The majority of the world is slowly but surely breaking out of discrimination now and I'm sure when the right candidates comes along, there will be a first female, homosexual, trans, muslim etc. president of the USA.

• Like 1

It's actually quite interesting how many similarities can be drawn between the Brexit shitstorm and f**kface Von Clownstick winning the US vote, both in the tactics used to gain favour and to a large part the types of people that voted certain ways. That plot of the way 18-25 year old's voted in the US election is also very similar (if memory serves) to how Brexit panned out with a substantial age divide. At least there's a chance that in the UK some sanity may prevail and we'll either just miss the boat and brush it under the carpet or Parliament and the House of Lords will get a chance to stop it in its tracks. The US are screwed until either Clownstick gets assassinated, impeached or actually holds office for far longer than he should. I have to wonder what poor Obama's thinking. Having this utter jackass taking over must be a complete embarrassment to everything he's tried to achieve over his terms or indeed his entire career.

• Like 2

I think this needs it's own thread :lol:.

@monkeyseemonkeydo Are you saying that people aged 18-25 are smarter and have superior political knowledge, compared to over 25s?

Politics is largely opinion based. What makes your opinion right and the opposing opinion wrong?

I don't like Trump either, but he won fair and square and I don't see why he shouldn't be given the chance to prove himself a worthy president.

We will just have to wait and see whether future history books will be titled "2016: The year of butthurt" or "2016: Nothing to see here, move along".

8 hours ago, Mikee said:

Just like with brexit, the level of bigotry and hate from people who's opinion differs from the side that won the vote is disgusting and in a sense, hypocritical.I voted to leave the EU (i'm not at all racist or hateful), but I respect (and would have respected if they won) the people's decision who voted to stay.

It's the whining people who don't get it their way that makes me sick. Grow up and respect other people's opinions. As long as everything being done is legal...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-campaigns-crown-prosecutors-cps-complaint-a7403161.html

3 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

Wrong country, you were thinking Spain.

f**k that I see all the uk videos... I cannot imagine a group ride of more than 2 people, once a month at best.. And I live in Los Angeles, a huge city. I could drive 6 hours to go ride with 2 or 3 people in San Francisco. 

That at Dj tribute  ride had more riders than all of America combined. 

Plus lets face it- the Spanish like the absolute worst techno eurotrash music and Monty mod bikes :barfemoji:

love a good debate. Interesting to see peoples views and that either way you view is, that people care enough to have an opinion. personally I never vote (yes I know I will get the therefore you don't have an opinion thrown at me) because what ever happens they will always turn it to their own self serving agendas. The little people just get F****D. What happened here and in America is the little people saying enough, the people that got everybody to vote for Brexit just walked away and left the mess for others to sort out. He has now got four years to do good or bad. Personally I think a little change will happen early doors and then self serving megalomania, will as usual take over with occasional do good act to keep the masses happy.

My Granny who was born in 1899 (now past! that will mess with you youngsters!!!!) had a little saying that if Labour got in. the poor got richer and the rich got poorer and the majority hard working people and family's got screwed. If the Tories got in, the poor got poorer and the rich got richer and the hard working majority got screwed,

Anybody that compares Trump to what Hitler did really needs to sit down and read his history and look a wee bit harder at what Trump actually said and not what the presses view on what he said.Unlike the press said' neither in Brexit or America is anybody who is legitimately here and isn't a criminal will not get deported.

Alex Jones; love a conspiracy theory, he makes me laugh a lot, but there is some truth in there? Jeff can I have the your countries  view on it please?

Canadian immigration website crashed three times yesterday, just as well Scotland didn't get independance before Brexit and we did have a wall.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikee said:

@monkeyseemonkeydo Are you saying that people aged 18-25 are smarter and have superior political knowledge, compared to over 25s?

No, I'm saying that the younger generation (in both votes) were voting for the right reasons (in my opinion of course). Voting 'anti establishment' is not a valid reason to plunge either country into years of uncertainty and likely turmoil. Voting because you're racist is not a valid reason. And of course voting for a disgusting excuse for a human being is never a good idea. The guy's a cunt, as was Nigel Farage, as was Michael Gove and, to a degree, as was Boris.

Scotland allowed 16 year olds to vote in the independence vote, for exactly the reasons you mention. (They said how bad we are treated by the rest of Britian (England) where actually there is no truth in that) We have a pathetic national anthem that is only about kicking English ass back home, REALLY in this decade. I feel really positive and proud singing that this weekend at the Rugby.

Edited by kevind

25 minutes ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

No, I'm saying that the younger generation (in both votes) were voting for the right reasons (in my opinion of course). Voting 'anti establishment' is not a valid reason to plunge either country into years of uncertainty and likely turmoil. Voting because you're racist is not a valid reason. And of course voting for a disgusting excuse for a human being is never a good idea. The guy's a cunt, as was Nigel Farage, as was Michael Gove and, to a degree, as was Boris.

Yes it is if the establishment is corrupt and self serving and needs changing. In the western world we have moved on from coups and uprisings and we do it by this voting method. We the world are in a very difficult period of our history just now and as I see it, it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, or maybe I am just to old and cynical. Totally agree with your last point, but they all are.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikee said:

No it shouldn't. Gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religion should play no part in a role such as this. It should be all about who people believe will do the job best. Donald Trump didn't win because he is a male, Hillary Clinton didn't lose because she is female and Obama didn't win years ago for the sake of being the first black president. The majority of the world is slowly but surely breaking out of discrimination now and I'm sure when the right candidates comes along, there will be a first female, homosexual, trans, muslim etc. president of the USA.

as i said before, i agree with you theoretically, but not practically. the male-exclusiveness of presidents (and in most top-jobs around the world) is a historic flaw that should be corrected. i believe women in top-positions will create more women in top-positions, hence it's something that should be supported (at this point in time). 

and i do think obama was possible because of the black-vote. he managed to get more black people to vote as ususal, because they felt included (something that hillary probably wasn't able to do as much with women-voters). people will vote for candidates who they feel understand and represent them and their problems. same as you probably would vote for a trials-rider for the UCI-presidency or for a guy who rides the same brand of car as you do for presidency of your car-club. 

2 minutes ago, jeff costello said:

and i do think obama was possible because of the black-vote. he managed to get more black people to vote as ususal, because they felt included (something that hillary probably wasn't able to do as much with women-voters). people will vote for candidates who they feel understand and represent them and their problems. same as you probably would vote for a trials-rider for the UCI-presidency or for a guy who rides the same brand of car as you do for presidency of your car-club. 

Is that not what happened yesterday?

@monkeyseemonkeydo It would be interesting to know where these age figures come from. Just a thought, but what if voters aged 18-25 were more likely to follow the trends of/be influenced by celebrity opinions? If for example the Kardashians, Taylor Swift, Justin Beiber etc. voiced support for Trump, would the opinion of the younger voters have been the same? Both remain for Brexit and support for Hillary was heavily voiced by celebrities and I don't think we should under estimate the influence they have on people. I'm not saying that this is the case, i'm just pointing out a similarity. Should celebrities keep their political views private?

@jeff costello I agree that some voters would have voted for Obama because he was black, just like some people would have voted for Hillary because she is a women. But I don't think that's the mindset of the majority of voters. Recent feminism aside, I believe most people in the USA (and most of the world) want equality, not evalated privileges for anyone who isn't a white male.

1 hour ago, kevind said:

I do agree with that point, but why did it get to that situation in the first place? (genuine question I am asking)

my opinion is, that it is low level politicians and media are feeding people the wrong answers and even the wrong problems. crime has been going down for years, terrorism as well, but still people are more afraid than ever. 

the system does need fine-tuning and there are people getting unjustly rich. there is a problem with base level jobs in europe - (i think) it is a lot harder to feed a family and build a house on one or one-and-a-half income than it once was ... but the world today is a totally different beast than in the 50ies and 60ies and no one can convince me that this was a better time - we have more social security, people are better educated, are travelling, the whole of leisure industry, pop culture and communications didn't exist at all back then. medical and scientific progress are insane. less racism, less homophobia, more gender-equality. and most importantly less chances of wars happening (within the western world) . people who say that the system is f**ked / can't get any worse and needs changing take all those things for granted, while they are clearly benefits of the way how the system is now. 

regarding infowars etc:
there are reasons why mainstream media won't report about certain things: mostly because they are bogus or can't be proven. classic media has something to lose: a reputation, jobs - they can't go on reporting bullshit, because it will damage their operation. the so-called alternative media are mostly single-guy operations of people who clearly have political agendas and they can spout whatever nonsense they want with no consequences

if there were any one family or race or whatever running the world behind the scenes, you can be sure the first reporter who gets wind of any proof will publish it in a heartbeat. because it will make him the most influential/ important journalist in the world. and the same goes for science: if there were any proof for that celery-cancer-cure every scientist would publish that immediately, because he would be showered in money and nobel prices for the rest of his life. 

i'm not saying trump (or any politician active in the western world today) is like hitler. but... i have recently read "mein kampf" for an article project and it was very shocking to me how similar a lot of it is to things you hear today: for example that the media is bought/jewish, the elites that are getting fat off our money, every other politician except him are corrupt and incompetent, you're being victimised when you are a nationalist, the system is broken etc.  there is more stuff there that is luckily just not possible anymore today: open calls for violence, racism, eugenics, the open hatred against the jews and "lower" races, those insane theories about the evolution and singularity of the aryan race... 

@Mikee
it's rather cheeky to invoke equality after 43 white males and a little brake. 

13 hours ago, Mikee said:

Can you imagine if she had got in, and her, Angela Merkel and Theresa May all had rag week at the same time. They'd be off to war with Putin fuelled by period pain and Pmt

• Like 1