Defective Trialtech Cranks

ericbenjaminjr

I have a pair of trialtech sport cranks and just discovered the pedal thread on the right drive side crank is offset. Each crank has at least 9mm material around the threads but this one has only 7mm at its weakest point. I'm wondering if this is something I shouldn't ride or if it is within tolerances. I wont rant about my favorite manufacturer because I have the feeling the shop I got it from purposely orders B stock and sells it at full price. Because it wouldn't be the first time I've gotten anomalis products from them..

post-36904-0-70327200-1402828374_thumb.j

Trialtech wouldn't have known that the crank was like that, and even if they did they don't do "b stock" so they wouldn't have knowingly sold it to your usual shop.

I don't really get why people buy K2 rims. They're known for being weak, they're known for being awful quality and there are plenty of better options out there. Still though people buy them, then seem to be surprised when they're shit.

• Like 1

On the worst batch we had when I was there, it actually specifically stated on the description the quality was bad, the finish was bad, the hole drilling accuracy was poor, etc. I know whenever someone bought one on the phone I stated that they weren't great so that when they received them they weren't 'surprised'. People still bought them. It's weird how with that brand power where people will willingly buy shit stuff, they still went under.

• Like 1

I can't turn my eyes away from this horror.

Nice angles on the Echo crankset, btw.

@Mark:

Can you recommend anything sporting parallel sidewalls, single wall bed and top brake performance? Weight and color don't matter, I cut and sandblast anyways.

Echo tr

• Like 2

First time I have ever come across a duff trialtech product. If you are gonna pay 50 pounds for a set of cranks they could atleast be manufactured perfectly. Hmmmm what ever happend to quality assurance in production? "Trialtech wouldn't of known of that" nice to see a company takes pride in its workmanship. Could be worse... Could be echo

Edited by Vivian-Trial
  • Like 2

I meant Trialtech wouldn't have knowingly sold them like that. The fact this is the "first time [you] have ever come across a duff trialtech product" shows they do take pride in what they do, but it's impossible to have every single product 100% correct, and some things will inevitably slip through the net.

No cranks are ever made perfectly (concentric freewheel threads/axle interface being the main 'imperfection').