Echo Now Catering For The 24" Riders!

RossMcd

Heyy!

I was browsing the echo site and have noticed a few new products. Such as the new 24" rims and Urban forks with magura mounts set for 24".

However the new Echo Urban Bottom bracket seems a bit wierd. How is it supposed to be fitted :S

http://www.echobike.com/index1.htm

Echo BB look's for the bearing's to be knocked straight into the frame. Similar to a Sealed Bmx's BB i believe.

Echo BB look's for the bearing's to be knocked straight into the frame. Similar to a Sealed Bmx's BB i believe.

Wouldnt that destroy the threads? And how would you then remove it again if you wanted to run a standard bb again? Seems stupid to me!

Wouldnt that destroy the threads? And how would you then remove it again if you wanted to run a standard bb again? Seems stupid to me!

Is it possisble that it's for echo frames only as in echo are bringing out a new frame which the bb thing has no threads in ?

Maybe they have seen that it's going to be introduced into the trials world in the near future and thought that they would have a shot at it now

Exactly the same as a normal BMX BB, but BMXs have different sized BB tubes so instead of bearing races on the spindle, you use a tube spacer that butts (I said butts) up against the inside of the bearing seats. They work pretty well to be fair - larger bearings, better spindle, etc. - it's pretty much all good, as long as they do post-weld machining for the BB shell. It's easy for the heat from welding to fractionally warp the BB shell, and although that's not such a biggie for a threaded in BB, where a press-fit BB requires really tight tolerances it can be the difference from it being too tight to go in, and too loose to get tight.

The middle one is ECHO TR ISIS BB, it has larger balls for the bearing, but the bearing use the axle space. so the axle is not very strong. The bearing is also too close to the center...Now you know why so mc uh broken BB axles.

Is that just a bad translation, or Echo admitting their TR BBs break a lot?

tr bbs always seemed prety good to me, the new bb design looks interesting its nice to see deng trying new things in trials :) i'm looking forward to the echo disc brake, i hope they make a good rotor for the rear (like the tryall one with outwards facing spokes instead of the conventional move-against-the-rotation paterns)

does this also mean Deng, is in all likeliness looking at bringing out a 24" frame. If so, this could be pretty cool. (thinking like the old echo ES-2 styling, with inspired geometry)

Yes, there will be a few 24" frames around, Adamant, Echo and I think Czar. They will be sold with this new bb pre-fitted. So if you want a frame like that, you have to go ISIS which I think is a good thing. Square taper should die a slow and painful death.

Yes, there will be a few 24" frames around, Adamant, Echo and I think Czar. They will be sold with this new bb pre-fitted. So if you want a frame like that, you have to go ISIS which I think is a good thing. Square taper should die a slow and painful death.

i hope one has tgs geo (L)

Price TBC depending on if the frames come supplied with a BB or not (isn't clear from the price list)... But around £250-320 for frames and then BB around £60 ish (only the Echo BB is compatible with the frame).

24" SL, TR and Urban rims (and TR wheels) will also be available at the same price as currently, same with 24" Urban forks (Disc/HS33 and Disc/V).

Our order has left and should be here in 10 days ish :)

Price TBC depending on if the frames come supplied with a BB or not (isn't clear from the price list)... But around £250-320 for frames and then BB around £60 ish (only the Echo BB is compatible with the frame).

24" SL, TR and Urban rims (and TR wheels) will also be available at the same price as currently, same with 24" Urban forks (Disc/HS33 and Disc/V).

Our order has left and should be here in 10 days ish :)

Is that, order for all fo that, or for just the rims?