Michael Singleton's New Fresh Products Bike

Phatmike

Yo guys.

Firstly like to give props to Todge for making the frame for me, I managed to persuade him to do it in the space of 10 days! Which is a massive feat considering the amount of effort involved in it. He even drove down from Norwich to my House in malvern (3 hours +) at 9pm friday night to drop it off, so massive thanks to him. :)

www.freshproducts.co.uk

I didn't have time to ride it on saturday, so my 1st section at the National round on sunday was my proper 1st go! Haha.

Anyways, the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Geo: 1070mm, +15mm, 72 degrees, 375mm (with dropouts at shortest point)

Full Spec, (if you're interested!)

Frame: Fresh Products Custom 26" Frame, with eccentric dropouts designed by myself and removable seat tube gear shifter mount.

Forks: GU

Headset: King Pewter

Front Wheel: King Pewter ISO, Sapim Spokes, on a black Mavic XC717 Disk, built by me.

Rear Wheel: King HD Pewter ISO, Sapim Spokes, custom anodised gloss black DX32, built by me.

Cranks: Middleburns, with 16t Ti bash.

BB: 128mm Truvative Gigapipe.

Stem: Thomson Elite X4 110 * 10.

Bars: Z00, cut down by 1.25" either side.

Grips: ODI Lockon Ruffian MX.

Levers: XTR Front, Magura and R.B rear.

Cables: Anodised Nokon aluminium front cable, Hope rear Hosing

Chain: KMC Kool thin.

Drive: 14t Steel King Kog, anodised King Spacers, King Lockring

Tyres: Maxxis 2.35" 42a UST High Rollers.

Front Brake: Avid BB7, with A2Z Rotor.

Rear Brake: Magura, Heatsink Backings, with Phat pads.

Pedals: Shimano DX.

Hope you like it as much as I do! :D

Frame weight - I know that :) 2650 grams (give or take a few). Which is fairly heavy, but then again, theres quite a few extra bits Mike asked for.

If I knew there would be pics with it in black, Id have actually done a decent job spraying it, and have applied the decals!

Im never ever agreeing to have a frame done by a certain time ever again. It was a long week (N). Im still only about 90% happy with it, few things such as curvy tubes that just werent working :(

But, its looking good finally built up (Y)

As for whether eccentric dropouts will be available in the future - NO :mellow:

With regard to the eccentric dropout's, if you had them set up the other way, like loosen them off, and turn them clockwise, there would be much less chance of the chain tension becoming loose.... because the wheel would be getting pushed up, further towards horizontal?

Not questioning your design or anything, but how to they hold as it is? The above would only really apply if you were having problems.....

I think someone has to complain about you for you to get nailed by the governing body? Like people got away with it fine, then someone bitched about someone having a singlespeed setup to the organisers and they had to look into it. Basically, as long as Mike doesn't upset anyone he should be fine :P

Looks pretty rad, Mike, but I hope you get a booster on there, unless there's some hench built-in jobbie?

With regard to the eccentric dropout's, if you had them set up the other way, like loosen them off, and turn them clockwise, there would be much less chance of the chain tension becoming loose.... because the wheel would be getting pushed up, further towards horizontal?

Not questioning your design or anything, but how to they hold as it is? The above would only really apply if you were having problems.....

Yeah, definately worth noting if I do encounter any problems, but it held for the whole of the comp, and sweet 3 hr ride afterwards with no problems, so I'm fairly confident they'll stay. :)

where you allowed to ride the national round on that? i assume its single speed only...

Yeah, I spent about 2 hours saturday night trying to get the gears on, but it was giving me so much grief (cog & chain issues) that I didn't bother. It's a non-production frame anyways, so wouldn't have got championship points anyways, so yeah as per the other rounds, I just competed, but recieved no champ. points.

Thanks for the comments, glad y'all like it.

Edit:

I think someone has to complain about you for you to get nailed by the governing body? Like people got away with it fine, then someone bitched about someone having a singlespeed setup to the organisers and they had to look into it. Basically, as long as Mike doesn't upset anyone he should be fine :P

Looks pretty rad, Mike, but I hope you get a booster on there, unless there's some hench built-in jobbie?

Yeah, the 1st two rounds, I competed with no gears, and got champ points, then they suddenly decided to scruteneer all the bikes after that. (N)

There is an inbuilt booster on there, which does a pretty good job, definately no need for another booster! :)

Mike.

Yeah, the 1st two rounds, I competed with no gears, and got champ points, then they suddenly decided to scruteneer all the bikes after that. (N)

There is an inbuilt booster on there, which does a pretty good job, definately no need for another booster! :)

Mike.

All about the technicalities :P

Yeah, I assumed there'd be a built-in one, just didn't want to see your lovely frame crack 'cos you hadn't used a booster like those Pitbulls 'n' stuff did before.