New Bike

robster

Got me a new bike today. I am one happy bunny :D

post-8069-1182010726_thumb.jpg

A bit old school yes.

But she is brand fire new today never riden. A bit of a classic.

Off out on it tonight so I will get some more pics.

Cheers Fred, what a little gem tucked away in a dark corner of you sheds.

such a beautifal bike, wish i had 1 of them, v jealous :Dlol

Sorry buddy but it's the last one in the country(new one that is).

I have changed the stem for a shorter one and put my risers on it. It rides ace i am well happy with it. (Y) I will be doing the next Tykes on it, but not tomorrow don't want to scratch it.

I will bang a few shots up from tonights ride when I get chance.

Well Happy.

JP

Must be great to have a brand new oldschool bike. My mate had one of these, I think it lasted 3 years of hard riding then fell apart. Quite impressive (Y)

It was the first novelty bike in my city, I remember how other riders commented it's very high-bb rise haha. Back then most of them had a bb-drop on their frames.

Nice bike, you might have to change those disks in the future as they are more trouble than there worth, they are the old magura disks right?

Yep they are. They work well though.

Waynio gave it the beans today and he never broke it.

I am very chuffed, dog with two di##s was the fraze yesterday. :$

I am inspired to ride again, off out tonight for a bit of a play, can't wait. Need a seat post and an old school BMX seat and she is ready to roll, new stem and bar combo is ace. I will add a couple of pics when I can.

Cheers lads. (Y)

JP

I'd choose a megamo over any frame any day. my mod was awesome, and that looked awesome at brimham. Think it was working better than waynio's bike? :lol: haha such awesomeness though. I personally wouldn't change the seat though jon, it looks perfect as it is :)

Did the two day trial on my new bike. (Y)

Must be a little easier on an old bloke because I am not as stiff as I nomally get after a trial. :S

I am a little gutted because when it rained the mountain bike front tyre combo didn't really want to do any gripping for me, hence some very bloody shins and a dodgy elbow. Over the bars on many occasions. God damn I have scratched the fork and the head tube a bit. Bugger !!!!! :angry:

Nowt that some touch up won't cure.

The brakes worked well in the wet but the pads seemed to work out a little, I will put some thread lock on the calliper, get some lock on grips and she will be as good as new again.

I will be doing many many more events on her as I have been well and truely bitten by the bug again.

JP

• 1 month later...