Magnesium 26" Rims

ZHI_Chris

Well given that the rim width profile are narrower than current models, they should be strong enough for comp use. urban abuse is another question. personally i reckon the rear should be 36h and the front remain 32h. Very light grind use only. reckon we will see them in the uk by 2008.(in limited stock)

Its a magnesium alloy, not pure magnesium like the school experiments :P.

Alot of suspension forks have magnesium lowers, its similar to aluminum in properties but is lighter.

Some one should get on the case and buy some, or even, you should consider sponsoring some riders to get the name about? I've not been here in ages and I don't ride any more so I have no idea whether your sponsor people already!

Stu

Its a magnesium alloy, not pure magnesium like the school experiments :P.

Alot of suspension forks have magnesium lowers, its similar to aluminum in properties but is lighter.

Some one should get on the case and buy some, or even, you should consider sponsoring some riders to get the name about? I've not been here in ages and I don't ride any more so I have no idea whether your sponsor people already!

Stu

This is about right.

They actually will be ust as strong as normal rims, maybe a little less. But the alloy will dent MUCH more easily, it is a softer material as well, so it won't hold a grind for long.

Comp only bikes, maybe suitable for people like Danny B who have two bikes, one for practice and one for comp use.

Yeah magnesium burns with a white hot flame when set fire too with a match or other type of flame, obviously grinding it will cause it to spontaniously combust and probably explode taking your arm and most of your bike with it......

..... These wil be a form of alloy and in the same way magnesium peddles don't burns explode or fizz in water, these will be fine too. Would love to see how these do in the long run, could be a new step forwards in the sport. Good on you for trying it out (Y)

if it was just magnesium you could have some serious fun with it after you'd finished

if it's magniesuim alloy then they'll be tough as f**k

but what i don't get is, if it's magnesium alloy it'll weigh about as much as normal alloy but it'll be much stronger won't it? so why make them thicker if there going for light weight.

This is the designer of the rims. With his new Magnesium frame and rims. The whole bike weight 9kg.

Dual disc, no reason in particular.

I'm guessing these wont grind at all, and will actually turn you into a vicious human fireball.