London Ride September The 9th

Simpson

Wow this ride seems to be huge! Now Ive done my research and found that weathers good and the pollution is low (Y) Which is good as we don't have to ride with our hands over our mouths and noses!

And simpson, i'm busting it up there with you, so talk to you on msn about the meet

see you'll there :P

Edited by nile71091

Chris, if you can find the 'London Eye', it's very near that.

Basically, find the river and follow it! Maybe ask a local looking person for some directions.

I'll try and make you a google map, maybe print it off and have it with you?

--------------------

Plan for me is, i'm gonna go to halfords tomorrow to buy a spoke key (for my new wheel) and ask if i can get the day off, hope i can!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=e...p;z=19&om=1

That's the google map, but, i think it would be best to get another train to get closer.

Ok, you can get the tube from Kings Cross to Waterloo, and waterloo is VERY close to the meeting place, I'd recommend doing that.

Edited by Fat Pants

hi all, i originally said i would pop up for this and now I'm quite annoyed that I have to work for a while on sunday. How long is the ride likely to last? If people will still be riding at like 5pm then I should be able to. I know that thats a long long time after the start, but with there being so many of you it might last that long?

if so, i'll have to take someones number to give a ring.

Cheers,

J

what a load of cumt! apparently theres no trains from Havant direct to waterloo, meaning if we come, we need to get a bus to a train station. do rail replacement bus's let 2/3 bikes onboard?
No they wont let bikes onboard, not even foldup bikes can be boarded on buses. personally id forget it till the next london ride or Cycle Show event. i text sms Neil Tunnicliffe the other day, but he cant make it. Gotta work from 11am-3:45pm near trafalgar square so i may have to just watch everyone and take pics because the place im working wont take bikes inside... gutted :(

im thinking it would be MUCH easier to meet at waterloo station

Well meet each other at waterloo if you want... but we WILL meet at sloped walls... it really doesnt take a rocket scientist to find and we can usually hang about till about 12ish to make sure all riders we expect to turn up are there before heading off to other ride spots... the meeting place is sloped walls still you cant ride at waterloo station so waiting an hour for it wouldnt be half boring!

hi all, i originally said i would pop up for this and now I'm quite annoyed that I have to work for a while on sunday. How long is the ride likely to last? If people will still be riding at like 5pm then I should be able to. I know that thats a long long time after the start, but with there being so many of you it might last that long?

if so, i'll have to take someones number to give a ring.

Cheers,

J

bump