Need Some New Brake Pads

trials_pimp

I need some New rear Brake pads, Magura, and Seeing as I havent bought anything for my bike since my last set (original Koxx Blox) I dont know whats about.

I used to like my Old Plazmatic CRMs (03) as I like my brake to be pretty much on/off

I run a grind if it makes the difference.

Whats about and how good are they.

Last time I tried some of these self made pads, rimjams I think, they lasted 20 mins before overheating, going black and crumbling out the backings in a burnt mess.

Advise please

Give rock pad blues a try dude, i am SERIOUSLY impressed with them! i have been running a vee since last crimbo and have broken it so put a magura on, with some rock blues and a seriously light grind and it is a very good brake, considering keeping it on for a while now :P

Adam

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Oct 22 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heatsink cousts pads dude! Awesome hold and bite and honk on a grind. Last ages too. The cnc's ones are ace. Ive ridden in all weather, from boiling hot sun to sloshy muddy rocks and they even squeeked then lol. www.heatsinkbikes.com

yup heatsinks are the best i've used, i had a pair of rock pads too before the heatsinks but there weren't as good on a tryall rim, but on an echo rim the rocks are awesome too

So heatsink seems to be the Pads to have.

Whats the difference between Couts and reds? or is it just colour?

Defo go for the cousts. They are the best pads i think i had used in a long while, not only cos they work great but they last ages too. The reds are designed for a light grind/smooth rim, i think at least, but the cousts probably outlast and outperform them.

Edited by Hobnobs

im very impressed with the green echo pads. though tried them only on a ground rim. nice sound (if thats ur thing) and they grip well.

I was quite impressed with the echo white pads , but then they just went crap (N) no bite and terrible wear rate so im gettin some coustsinks or plazsinks :P