Trials Riders In Your Area..

Olly C

In your area are Trials Riders numbers rising or falling?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. So rising or falling?

• Rising
    • Falling

I was thinking about this the other day whilst looking back on the days where'd I'd be riding every night without fail with a group of friends (maybe 5 at best) and wanted to see if in your area you've noticed an incline in numbers of people either riding that used to ride 'back in the day' again or simply new riders that have started up and are either attempting Trials on standard mountain bikes or buying more Trials like budget setups to learn on or are you finding that there doesn't seem to be anyone intrested in the sport in this maybe slightly newer generation?

I thought it'd be intresting to find out, you can also add where your from to reply post's to get an idea of whether its more relative to maybe a better riding town/city rather than just people not bothering and turning to under-age binge drinking and such..

Cheers Olly.

Around here (Preston... ish) it seems to be rising! I am not sure if it's because I'm meeting more and more riders as time goes on, or more people are starting... a bit of both I think :)

Yep! There does seem to be a load of riders appearing out of nowhere round here.

Workington Has doubled in the last year! there is now 2 riders :ermm: I'd like more people round here to do it! buts its mainly townie dickheads, and there are a few sound people.

my bike the only one in town with no seat! and people ALWAYS state the obvious! :angry:<_<

Edited by Matt Gibson

In Barnstaple there used to be about, 7-10 riders. I know about 6 minimum have now quit, including myself.

However when I'm in town I always see new (what we call) Timmys, out on their 20" base bikes. They seem to crop up everywhere, so it's still around which is good.

In Plymouth i see new riders nearly every time i'm out :S

But then they'll disappear never to be seen again.

But generally its increased.

Tell me about it, I walked past copthron the other day and didn't recognize one person!!!

i gained a rideing partner early this year ,he was fairly good ,then he quit riding last week wich is a bit crap.

there are a few of people who have trials bikes in banbury,and none ride regular,maybe once every year or so i wouldnt count them really.though there is a bloke i know who i've ridden with before and he shows potential (couldn't back-wheel at first then after half a hours practice he backwheeled 24") ,he just needs to get his own bike now.

so yeah ,banbury is a bit crap for trials.

steve

Ashford, kent; there used to be a few people that would come out most nights maybe 6 . . . now its just 2 or 3 of us. The townish area is full of pikey chavvy wan*ers :(

Tom

Alright i live near ashford ( live in lydd), i remmeber seeing 2 riders at the ashton demo a couple of years ago, and that was it.

Theres no one round here :(, i know theres a few riders in folkstone, but thats still half an hour drive away

Scott

There was 4 in whitby at one time. Now just me.

I think I've met JT!

I was in whitby about 3/4 years ago and got chatting to a group of 4 trials riders, before I started riding.

If it was you, how wierd is that! No idea what bikes you were on, I think there was a T-Pro.

There's never been any riders around here :S

I live between Stockport and Buxton, fancy going for a bizzle some time?

Edited by El Muelio

Muel, I didn't actually click that you lived in New Mills which is well close to Manchester. Should come in some time, it's only 20 mins on the train (about £3).

Yeh man. :lol:

I'll talk to my riding buddy, we usually ride natty because that's what we've got, never been on a proper street session or anything.

Add me to msn dude: el_muelio@hotmail.co.uk

When's Manchester not full of chav's/police/nasty general public? I'm guessing early on a Sunday.