Trials Riders In Your Area..

Olly C

In your area are Trials Riders numbers rising or falling?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. So rising or falling?

• Rising
    • Falling

Yeh man. :lol:

I'll talk to my riding buddy, we usually ride natty because that's what we've got, never been on a proper street session or anything.

Add me to msn dude: el_muelio@hotmail.co.uk

When's Manchester not full of chav's/police/nasty general public? I'm guessing early on a Sunday.

Evenings are usually pretty good but I don't know to be honest. Sunday will still be pretty busy unless you mean like 8am or something. I don't really ride in the centre that often :ermm:

We used to have about 6/7 riders who would come out, now its about er 1, which is me lol, sometimes 2 when my mate is back.

Would be interesting if there was a way of collecting stats every 3 months on how many riders there were in each county, shame its a pain to do it as not everyone will be using tf.

Alright i live near ashford ( live in lydd), i remmeber seeing 2 riders at the ashton demo a couple of years ago, and that was it.

Theres no one round here :(, i know theres a few riders in folkstone, but thats still half an hour drive away

Scott

Trials riders?? . . . quite a few of my mates ride bmx's or mtb's theres just no trials riders really.

Yeah folkestones got quite a few riders but i only know a couple of them. Good riding there though.

Tom

Edited by *Tom*

bout 4 of us now, used to be like 20 or sumat like that, but that decreased down to us 4 last year. i dont actually ride that often now, used to go all the time but now ive started skating agen so the other riders are being fags about it, so i just go out skating again, better atmosphere with my skating mates, none of the "im better than you", " your doing it the wrong way" or none of that shit. dont think ive rode in over a week, fallen in love with blading again :)

edit: its more fun aswell

Edited by braintreetrials

Just me in my village - so I tend to ride in the closest town, when it's possible.

This closest town is Loughborough. ...So there's a LOT :P (Sports/Engineering Uni where LOTS of riders are - and we just have a generally large riding scene here - for those who don't know.)

I'm sure there's more I've not met - and I've ridden with about 20 from the surrounding area.

6 riders still riding in salisbury since 8 years back, although Tic will argue the case!

Just less often due to other things happening

Why give up?

Its the difference between someone that rides as a fad , and someone that rides cause its life.

Salisbury trials is dead :P

I'm on a break at the moment and enjoying things in life that don't involve bikes with no seats. I never thought I would be one of those guys who used to ride trials but then quit, I know deep down that I will be back even if I'm not riding trials as regularly as I used to. In fairness to the Salisbury trials scene, most of us still have bikes, they just don't get ridden anywhere near as much as they used to!

The most appropriate quote for this thread from one of the best Mountain Bike films of all time:

"There are so many kids who get to a certain level and stop...You know? They see; car, beer, girls. What are you doing? There's car, beer, girls and bike. Not just the three, you can have four!"

:)

Its been dead round here for years, there used to be 5 of us in 98. Weve all now moved on.

It's strange - I remember a time when I couldn't ever envisage a weekend without riding my bike. I don't feel the need to have this whole 'quitting' think though. I still have a trials bike which I ride occasionally, just like my BMX. As far as trials goes, I like to remember the good times, and the days when we had fun on the shittest of bikes!!

Right now my photography, travelling, climbing and adventures seem to take up a lot of my time, but I'll still ride now and then. It doesn't inspire me like it used to. Perhaps I need to build a fun bike. Someone sell me a short steel trials frame!!

In terms of a trials scene - there seem to be quite a few riders popping up in this area, which is good to see. Lots of names for the 'where are they now?' list though.

I think I've met JT!

I was in whitby about 3/4 years ago and got chatting to a group of 4 trials riders, before I started riding.

If it was you, how wierd is that! No idea what bikes you were on, I think there was a T-Pro.

I don't remember that, lol.

It's strange - I remember a time when I couldn't ever envisage a weekend without riding my bike. I don't feel the need to have this whole 'quitting' think though. I still have a trials bike which I ride occasionally, just like my BMX. As far as trials goes, I like to remember the good times, and the days when we had fun on the shittest of bikes!!

Right now my photography, travelling, climbing and adventures seem to take up a lot of my time, but I'll still ride now and then. It doesn't inspire me like it used to. Perhaps I need to build a fun bike. Someone sell me a short steel trials frame!!

In terms of a trials scene - there seem to be quite a few riders popping up in this area, which is good to see. Lots of names for the 'where are they now?' list though.

As you said , I wouldn't say i've quit. I just have the time to ride. Shit bikes were Fun! Back brakes that didn't work. Normal MTB frames where every trick felt impossible.

Would make an interesting study to know where the biggest numbers of riders are in one town, or city. i wouldnt bet on london, but somewhere like leeds seems probable.

Does Kev still ride?

So its looks like 40% of areas are seeing an Increase and 60% are seeing a Decrease in numbers of riders so far..

I'm the only rider in my village and surrounding villages and its been that way for quite a while now.. There used to be one rider who lived in my village, one in the next village, and maybe 3 in the village after and when we all started we'd be riding every single night whatever the weather in some cases, it was great, and in doing that I'd find you'd progress that much quicker so it kept you intrested. Its always been something different to the normal sports and I liked that, people love seeing what you can do and wondering how you do it etc and that'd never changed, just those people never think I might give that a go and try, maybe because we look silly.. :P

Now its just me that rides, the other riders have either just plain lost intrest and moved onto the cars/drink/women lifestyle as mentioned or have gone to university and not really kept up there or the same but in full-time work. I still come on here and watch videos daily and they get me wanting to ride, I go out and manual some lines around my village that I've done 1000's of times with some street riding to go with and it still gives me the buzz it used to but I'm no longer really pushing myself. I have a job and I'm out alone so it'd be bad to push myself and end up getting hurt maybe in a place walkers by arent going to find me or in-turn not be able to work or what-have-you because of said injuries.

All in all though I still love riding, I'm not likely of selling up whatever the state of riders around here is like, sure I'd love more to start up and have riders to ride and progress with again but I can still go to the nearest town (Cambridge) get a group ride organised and have a great time with the riders off the forum like:

This :) so its not all bad!

Olly.