Windows Vista

Revolver

divx player Works fine with vista as does windows media player so stop blaming vista and sort it out. Re-install divx player and get better quality videos.

And get some more ram it's really cheap just now, it'll make just about everything run alot smoother.

1) its a laptop, so CBA with mods

2) if i reinstall divx, it will be the same program, therefore the same problem

and finally...

3) if you want me to not watching shit vids, tell people on trials-forum not to post em!

because i am after all watching trials videos of the people on this forum

and i think the quality is quite good (Y)

i think its just my gcard (motherboard inbuilt) is mcshite

Edited by Disasterboy

You see, if this was the case, that vista could not handle what you are asking, then it would not have been released. If it happened to everyones, then it would have been recalled, and it certainly wouldn't be getting sold now.

So becasue it is pretty much an isolated problem, you can, with a small amount of common sense, work out that it isn't simply "vista" that is the problem, but an underlying problem that you haven't bothered to think about.

So pointless threads mouthing off bollocks about Vista does nobody anygood. Some people don't like vista, i don't use it, i have however used it a lot on a friends laptop, and guess what... i didn't have the trouble you are having.

Have you tried putting a warm, damp honey tea bag on your nose while lay on your back in a field with your left arm extended facing north with your left leg slightly raised a few inches off the ground and humming "Take on me" by Aha?

I tried it... I found it more effective humming Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics though....

Yep, divx works fine on my mums vista laptop, and i can encode dvd footage using nero and browse the internet with firefox open as well, all at the same time.

As bongo so excellently put, i think its something wrong with your computer not vista.

EDIT: If the display drivers crashing thats the problem, get another one.

Edited by Krisboats

How do you guys know its not a vista problem ?. Vista dont always work the same with different types of hardware configurations. Vista and vista hardware drivers are not quite there yet ( its still crap ). As said before try updating all hardware drivers.

But the point is vista should work the same, despite various hardware configurations... thats why they do beta testing. The fact that it isn't working properly on his computer suggests it is something wrong with his computer especially when other people are running it fine. Vista doesn't change the way it runs depending on what brand/type of hardware you have so it won't be a problem with vista itself. The biggest hint is that its telling him the display drivers are crashing, which means he needs to try new drivers or maybe even a new video card.

The drivers for 32bit vista are fine, and the ones for 64bit vista will be up to scratch pretty damn soon.